Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Optimus Prime

ST. Ives--Apricot Scrub--Blemish and Blackhead Control

Okay, so i just bought this new scrub (St. Ives Apricot Scrub for Blemish and Blackhead Control), but im not sure if i should use it every day. Also should I just do the scrub or do I use my cleanser and the scrub one after the other, and if so which one first?

scrubs just irritate your skin and make your acne worse. It's good to exfoliate but you have to do it gently. I would use it like once a week or every other week, at night. Just splash your face with warm water a few times then use the scrub and go in really gentle circles, avoiding the skin around your eyes. Don't use your cleanser too it'll probably be too much. Make sure to use a moisturizer as you are exposing new skin and that can sometimes lead to dryness. Just don't overdue it.

Oh I love that product!! :)

I used to use it when i was in college few years back for my face & back since I have back acne as well :(. I used it regularly every week. For my face, I used it after I have cleansed my face, then scrub it followed by toner.

As for my back after I have washed my hair and put all the conditioner, and after I have used the shower gel. Oh btw, for those who suffered body acne I think T3 shower gel works. After all those, then I scrub my back.

Normally I will put toner for my back as well right after I have put toner on my face. Remember to exfoliate it gently, or else it will harm your skin.

yeah that stuff made my face break out worse. Too harsh, and it REALLY made me oily. Maybe it'll work for you though, there's only one way to find out!

Thanks for the info guys, I think I will give it at try. Hopefully it works. Hey Piplup have you ever heard of Sauk Centre and Long Prairie, they are in Minnesota and thats where I used to live.

Thanks for the info guys, I think I will give it at try. Hopefully it works. Hey Piplup have you ever heard of Sauk Centre and Long Prairie, they are in Minnesota and thats where I used to live.

yeah, sauk Centre is in Sauk Rapids near Saint Cloud, got some family out there. I'm near the twin cities. LOOOOOOOVE it, there's always something to do here. Never been to long prairie though.

That is one of the worst purchases I have ever made. Ive mentioned this under other topics but I will mention it again in case you didnt notice. The apricot scrub abraded my skin and approximately two years later, I still have over a hundred blackheads on my nose from it. Previously, I never experienced blackheads. In all honestly, I wouldnt recommend that scrub to anyone who has acne prone skin

I never realized WHY i was breaking out after i used this scrub, but now i know it's because it's very irritating...and harsh. I wouldn't use it every day if i were you. Once, twice a week is good enough.