Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bass3p

Can redness on the nose be caused by blackheads?

On my nose I have a lot of oily skin as a result i have a ton of small blackheads on it. My nose first started getting red about 2-3 years ago and hasnt gotten better since. I was wondering if redness can be caused by blackheads which would make sense since i rarely get pimples on my nose but the blackheads is a constant thing. Thanks for viewing my topic and thanks for any helpful replies.

I doubt it unless you have loads and they are inflamed.. it may have something to do with the inside of your nose (like when u get a cold). Se a doctor if it annoys you a lot.

Unless it's really really red i wouldn't worry about it, i dont remember the last time i saw someone with a completely clear nose without any redness at all anywhere..

If they're inflamed or you have so much it's insane, I suppose.

That happened recently ... but I think it was because I was partially sick and rubbing at my nose constantly caused my blackheads to become inflamed since I have a really sensitive nose -_- I looked like Rudolph the Red Nose Raindeer.

I wouldn't worry about it--if it's really buggin' you though, you could always go see a derm.

A heating mask for a minute helped with my redness though :)