Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
roxy250

clogged pores reason for acne.. just read

well I do think acne and diet are much related but i feel its more so certain foods you eat can make inflammation worse in your body.. But I feel clogged pores are the main cause of acne..This would make sense why people eat like shit and flood there body with Sugars and processed carbs and eat crap but keep a overall clear face.. maybe these people dont have clogged proes and there skin naturally does its job..exfoliation i feel is very vital in preventing acne.. Im think lately that clogges pores is like 75% reason for acne.. and the rest is like diet,stress,and sleep.. any people agree?...

well I do think acne and diet are much related but i feel its more so certain foods you eat can make inflammation worse in your body.. But I feel clogged pores are the main cause of acne..This would make sense why people eat like shit and flood there body with Sugars and processed carbs and eat crap but keep a overall clear face.. maybe these people dont have clogged proes and there skin naturally does its job..exfoliation i feel is very vital in preventing acne.. Im think lately that clogges pores is like 75% reason for acne.. and the rest is like diet,stress,and sleep.. any people agree?...

clogged pores are caused by inflammation, overkeratinization, skin hyperproliferation, overactive sebaceous glands---all treatable with diet and many times caused by it. Exfoliation is a way to hide the symptoms of these and not exfoliating is not the cause of clogged pores.

I agree with this now. Exfoliation (using babybrush/topicals) has helped me a lot and I have to say alot more effectively that cutting out dairy and gluten (plus all junk, various supps) - tho I still think they maybe contribute to the problem a little, I have gone back to having these occasionally (and my diet is otherwise generally very healthy) without serious probs since I began exfoliating.

Ryudoadema good point..

Ryudoadema can you give your main tips to preventing acne then? what you feel is the major causes..

Ryudoadema good point..

Ryudoadema can you give your main tips to preventing acne then? what you feel is the major causes..

I would, but not without a lot of controversy from some other members as what I am doing is very strict, though not hard at all since I got into it. It's all here if you want to look into it.

As for my response before, there could be several ways to go about fixing this problem with diet, so long as those factors are normalized. To quote Wiley Long of "The Dietary Cure for Acne"

"A paper was just published in the journal Expert Review of Dermatology, examining the relationship between diet and acne. To quote:

"More specifically, foods with high glycemic loads are known to give rise to hyperinsulinemia, which can then lead to an increase in plasma concentrations of insulin-like growth factor (IGF)-1. Free IGF-1 may promote acne by inducing hyperkeratosis and epidermal hyperplasia, which is an initial step in the formation of a follicular obstruction. IGF-1, in addition to insulin, can also stimulate androgens, which are known to cause an increase in sebum production. Clinically, there is evidence that patients with acne have higher serum levels of IGF-1, as seen in the Cappel et al. study evaluating postadolescent women aged 20-25 years."

Having read The Dietary Cure for Acne, you already know all this. High glycemic load foods that raise your blood sugar (such as bread, pasta, rice, potatoes, sugar) cause your insulin to go up, causing an increase in IGF-1. The IGF-1 then causes overproduction of skin cells, which can cause the pore to be obstructed. IGF-1 and insulin also stimulate increased testosterone production, which causes your skin to produce more oil.

Acne is clearly a result of eating a diet that is not compatible with our genetic make-up."

-While this is all fact and his proposed diet is good, I don't quite follow that as I believe there is a better diet (in the above link). So I pretty much follow "The dietary cure for acne", but change it to high fat, anti-candida diet of that link.

Could anyone tell me how to exfoliate my skin? Also, can you exfoliate without the use of face washes or soaps? Because soaps (even the sensitive skin ones) tend to bother my skin. So I usually just wash with water. But I heard something about a baby brush.