Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Fashionista

My back is clear of bacne!!

I haven't been on this forum for a long time. I've suffered from bacne for almost 13 years. It started off very mild and was nothing to worry about until I hit my late teens/early 20's.

The bacne was on my upper arms, chest, my entire back and sometimes the top of my stomach. I couldnt wear tank tops or bikini's in the summer and had to deal with the heat being completely covered up.

For over a year now I've been using Head & Shoulders Classic shampoo and I'm now clear of acne!! For the first time in soooooooooo many years I've been able to wear tank tops in public AND bikini's!!! It felt SO good to be able to wear whatever I want and not let bacne choose for me. It took about 5-6 months to be clear if I remember correctly.

Here is a link to my little blog about my acne progress (with pics): http://geocities.com/myacneprogress/

For those that have been dealing with acne for YEARS like I have, DONT GIVE UP!! I stopped caring about my bacne and just continued to use H&S every time I showered and then all of a sudden my body was clear!

I read your link and saw your pictures. I'm impressed. Since stopping spiro a couple of months ago my back, chest, top of stomach and upper arms are starting to break out. For the past week I've been using ACV as a toner in the morning and at night and it still looks crappy. I'll definitely buy H&S

this weekend and give it a try.

Congrats!!! I hope to one day be clear of my bacne also...I don't have any other issues besides my shoulder, upper back and top of my arms. Its a little more severe then yours was.

First of all, congratulations. :)

It's really interesting because I've used the classic clean H&S for about 8-10 months now, and my back has been almost entirely clear since a few months after I started using it. Maybe more people should try it because it has seemingly made the difference for both of us.

Thanks for the congrats!

I had to make a quick edit in my post because I've been using H&S for just over a year, not two years. If I remember correctly, my skin was pretty much clear after about 5-6 months. Keep in mind that I've been using H&S EVERYDAY! That is key!

I wash my hair, rinse, add condintioner, then apply H&S and leave it on my back as long as possible.

i'm so sick of bacne too! though antibitiocs are starting to help clear it up...

how long do you leave it on for, and do you rinse it off afterwards?

Okay, so I found someone who looks almost like me in acne and pictures.

I tried head & shoulders for weeks and it helped with redness but not new acne. I started a new regime which is working very nicely and I will continue for at least 6 months. I went to my GYN for my annual appointment who noticed my acne on my chest and back. She asked me why my face was 100% clear and I told her well, that's because I use baking soda as a cleanser & ACV as my toner. She then said, Why don't you try that on your body if it worked for your face? Good Point!

It will be 2 weeks on Saturday and my back looks really good. Most of what's there are marks. At the end of my first week I had more acne coming to the surface, but drying up at the same time. My chest is also much improve, however, that will take longer since I also have folliculitis and the acne is very severe on my chest area. My body acne looks like it did when I was on accutane after 3 months in just 2 weeks.

I do the baking soda with a little water and form a paste in the shower - let in sit for a few minutes - then wash it off. I spray the ACV/Water on afterward - allow it to dry before I put on my clothes and it doesn't smell afterward. I was spraying the acv/water mixture 2x daily the first week to give me a head start.

I hope this continues to work as it has and maybe even help a few others.

I read this thing, and its quite interesting how H&S worked, but can you please tell me, how did you use dis shampoo..Did you use it as a body wash or something else, that will be really helpful if you clear out this..

thnks

Sorry it's taken a long time for me to respond to this thread!

I use H&S as a bodywash. I leave it on for the entire shower and then rinse and pat dry.

It's kept my body acne under control although I get about 1 or 2 small pimples every menstrual cycle or so on my back or shoulder but nothing to worry over at all.

I think one of the best things to do is to just mindlessly use H&S every time you shower and not pay attention to the progress. That's what I did and one day I checked out my back and everything was gone :)

I will say that the first week or so my back broke out in acne, which is why I stopped using H&S at first. But then I noticed it cleared up so I started using it regularily again and now I'm acne free.

Congratulations! I wish it could have worked long-term for me too :( but :dance: for those people for whom it does work!!

I think i might try this. But does it have to be the Classic shampoo. I'm in Australia and i don't think that one is available. Can't see it in stores or on the H&S Australian website. So would any shampoo be alright to use or is the Clean & Balanced similar?? Any Aussies here that have tried it?

I think i might try this. But does it have to be the Classic shampoo. I'm in Australia and i don't think that one is available. Can't see it in stores or on the H&S Australian website. So would any shampoo be alright to use or is the Clean & Balanced similar?? Any Aussies here that have tried it?

Yeah, I'm from Australia, and I use it except I use the 'For Men' one, it's been about a week and it's actually really good, you should try it.

Congrats. I've lived with really severe (and I mean really severe) acne on my back, shoulders and sometimes chest for 12 years. I tried everything, absolutely everything, natural or pharmaceutical. I even tried Accutane, but it did not work well. Finally, years later, I met a very good dermatologist who advised me to try Accutane again. Fortunately, this time it worked. I still have some occasional breakouts, but it's nothing compared to what my skin was before.

P.S. Nice back.

i want to try this! a few questions...

when your using H&S can you use normal body wash too on your back? and can you apply lotion? how about nair hair removal to your back when using H&S??

Congrats. How did you get rid of scars? I've been using Bio Oil for a good 4 months and have seen very little improvement. :(

Ok it's been about a week so a bit early to tell, but i do think it's working. My back certainly feels smoother. I have a question for anyone that's tried it, does this get rid of any red marks and scars also, and does it work on the face too???