Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Synderella

Sick of healing acne externally!!

What is the best food/vitamin/supplement to get rid of acne?? All these proactiv and stuff only helps while your using them! so thats not really fixing the problem.

What is the best food/vitamin/supplement to get rid of acne?? All these proactiv and stuff only helps while your using them! so thats not really fixing the problem.

Follow a calorie controlled portion controlled diet spread over 3 meals with 2 to 3 small snacks.

Main meals should be 4 hours apart with snack 2 hours in between.

Excess calories create high blood sugar and and high insulin levels.

The high blood glucose is inflammatory and the high insulin is anabolic (think steroids and acne) by stimulating sebum production and skin shedding abnormalities.

Main meals should have a palm of lean protein, a small fist of starchy carbs and 2-4 fists of salad.

A snack is something like an apple or an orange or a small glass or can of fruit juice.

Pure alcohol (lowers blood glucose) such as vodka or whiskey which has no calories other than from ethanol and 0 cal diet mixers are allowed in moderation. Water and green tea allowed.

Dairy and gluten are highly insulintropic (anabolic) so should be limited or eliminated if you are highly sensitive.

I take 50 mg of zinc gluconate, some extra B5 (pantothenic acid), a probiotic complex including L. acidophilus, and green tea extract. They're more for my overall health than for the sole purpose of fighting acne (I don't get enough zinc in my controlled diet, B5 is water soluble, I don't consume any yogurt, and sometimes I don't drink as much green tea as I would like). I find that some people take dangerous levels of some things (namely vitamin A) that they wouldn't if they weren't being overwhelmed by their acne issues. Supplements aren't generally a bad thing; just make sure you do some research, ask plenty of questions, and ensure that what you're doing is safe and within reason.

Niacin and Vitamin D have worked the best for me.

Niacin 500-1000 mg/day and D 2000-10000 IU / day

Try the "Inositol hexanicotinate" form of niacin, it doesn't cause "flush" - the side effect of regular niacin, and it seems to be the best form for acne...

Also fish oil capsules are good if u don't eat much fish.

i use 30 micro g Vit d

50 m5 zinc

500 mg niacin Inositol hexanicotinate

and b complex

works for me! :)