Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so tonight will be my 2nd day taking accutane I just want to know when will I start seeing the side affects, my acne isnt that bad so is my IB if I get one going to be bad or is it hard to tell? Will I devlope sevre cystic acne for my IB at all? I ate a bunch of dairy for the past week and Ive been under a lot of stress is the accutane going to bring this all out on my face.... [stress and dairy causes acne] whats your best advice to me to make my treatment go smoothly? Thanks!

Okay so tonight will be my 2nd day taking accutane I just want to know when will I start seeing the side affects, my acne isnt that bad so is my IB if I get one going to be bad or is it hard to tell? Will I devlope sevre cystic acne for my IB at all? I ate a bunch of dairy for the past week and Ive been under a lot of stress is the accutane going to bring this all out on my face.... [stress and dairy causes acne] whats your best advice to me to make my treatment go smoothly? Thanks!

Hey! My acne wasn't terrible either (I am on day 81ish). I started on 20 mg and didn't get an IB at all. Everyone is different, but if you're on a low dose you're probably less likely to experience an IB. I asked my derm at the beginning if he thought I would break out and he brushed it off like it wouldn't happen with my dosage and I shouldn't worry. I have continually broken out throughout my course (nothing awful) and am now just starting to see significant results. Good luck! Clear skin ahead :)

My lips started getting dry after a week. I also had joint pain after the first few days, it lasted about a week. I started on 40mgs im 103lbs. I had no IB at all I started to clear up right away. I have 1 month left to go and im done. Good luck

I'm on day 48. After a few days I started to get dry lips and joint pain. I've just recently started to get super tired and feel the medicine wearing on my body.

To be honest -- My acne was not all that bad when I started my course. I went into my course expecting the worst possible IB and I have not gotten one (yet). I have had a few extra pimples now and then but they pop and heal. Nothing that I would call an IB compared to what most people have when they do have one. I'm sure you'll hear this a lot but everyone reacts to the medicine different.

I wish you luck on your course. These boards are very helpful.