Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

what hurts more for you, your accual physical pain of acne, or emotional pain? for me its the emotional pain.

i would rather have really bad physical pain from acne than have the emotional pain anyday.

There is no way you could have physical acne pain that bad where the emotional pain is better.

My face hurts SO fucking bad. I wake up in my sleep. I bleed EVERY day no matter how gentle I am. I get stinging in my face that brings tears to my eyes. There is no point during any day where I can't feel my acne and the pressure building in my face.

This makes the emotional pain that much worse because you can stop thinking about your acne but you can't stop feeling physical pain.

Right now I can't wear my contacts because of accutane. My doctor took me off after 5 weeks because of side effects. Now I can hardly wear my glasses either. My skin is so sensitive that I get huge pimples right where my glasses touch either side of my nose. They are so inflamed and swollen and have to slide my glasses down my nose like old lady reading glasses cause I can't touch them.

They both suck. I just recently dealt with a rough breakout around my mouth, which consisted of about 5 or 6 huge whiteheads. The pain while trying to eat was horrendous. That being said, the emotional pain is much tougher for me. People who may suffer from severe acne may feel differently.

Good topic, I think the physical pain is pretty horrendous, especially when you couldnt laugh properly unless you wanted to crack open a cyst, or when you have to eat slowly to make sure you dont stretch the skin and cysts around the mouth too much.

But the emotional pain is 100x worse, when the emotional pain is that bad the physical pain is nothing, absoloutely nothing. Emotional pain is the main destroyer.

Good topic, I think the physical pain is pretty horrendous, especially when you couldnt laugh properly unless you wanted to crack open a cyst, or when you have to eat slowly to make sure you dont stretch the skin and cysts around the mouth too much.

But the emotional pain is 100x worse, when the emotional pain is that bad the physical pain is nothing, absoloutely nothing. Emotional pain is the main destroyer.

Exactly, and the physical pain only adds to the emotional pain. But the emotional pain is so much much worse.

Emotional Pain. If I had my choice between tons of pain on my face but having non apparent pimples that never formed into bumps, I'd take it. I have the highest pain tolerance out there, but when it comes to emotional pain I break like a toothpick :(

i feel like my emotional pain came from having to see the acne everyday & knowing people would treat me differently because of it. that was definitely worse than the physical aspect. i hate admitting this, but if i had acne and neither i or anyone else could see it, it'd be more tolerable.

Emotional Pain. If I had my choice between tons of pain on my face but having non apparent pimples that never formed into bumps, I'd take it. I have the highest pain tolerance out there, but when it comes to emotional pain I break like a toothpick :(

i aggree i would much rather to have unseen painfull acne because then i would still be confident.

I would take the physical over the emotional. Sometimes I wake up in the morning thinking would'nt it be such a better day if i did'nt have acne all over my face. It's like that grey cloud over your head 24/7!!! ARGHHHHH!!!