Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AnabolicSlim

Your Feelings on Differin and or Cleocin T (Clindamycin)

so i went to the doctor for a physical so i could play volleyball this year and when he was done he asked what i was doing. and he was surprised i knew what i was talking about. and i thought my skin was looking up? so he gave me a prescription for differin and clindamycin. I am asking you guys, what are ur views on these 2 products?

so i went to the doctor for a physical so i could play volleyball this year and when he was done he asked what i was doing. and he was surprised i knew what i was talking about. and i thought my skin was looking up? so he gave me a prescription for differin and clindamycin. I am asking you guys, what are ur views on these 2 products?

The clindamycin, like all the antibiotics, will work for awhile and them stop. If you get clear on an antibiotic, prepare for the reality that it won't work forever.

Differin, despite the mixed reviews, works amazingly well. That's my experience anyway. The only problem with Differin is that it takes a long time to see results. You have be very consistent and not forget to apply it every night. Initial breakouts are very common as well. Some people freak out and stop using it when this happens. If you stick with it for 3+ months and continue with treatment, the results truly are worth it.

I've been on it for almost a year and a half. I'm clear a lot of the time and my breakouts have decreased in serverity by at least (estimate) 50%. It's also a good anti-inflammatory so I'm considering using it during the day as well since I don't spend a whole lot of time out in the sun (UV radiation deactivates adapalene).

Hope this helps.

Clindamycin is fast working if you have acne that has previously been treated by other treatments. Example: I took 4 weeks worth of Doxy and then discontinued them for health reasons. The Doxy helped in a very minimal way so when I started using Clindamycin, it just sort of picked up where the Doxy left off. I've been seeing pretty good results and it's only been about 2 weeks. Also, Clindamycin works exceptionally well with BP. So far I've had no side effects and no IB.

Not sure though about becoming immune to it but I would give it a try,

Clindamycin is fast working if you have acne that has previously been treated by other treatments. Example: I took 4 weeks worth of Doxy and then discontinued them for health reasons. The Doxy helped in a very minimal way so when I started using Clindamycin, it just sort of picked up where the Doxy left off. I've been seeing pretty good results and it's only been about 2 weeks. Also, Clindamycin works exceptionally well with BP. So far I've had no side effects and no IB.

Not sure though about becoming immune to it but I would give it a try,

That reminds me; Differin is also touted to work well with clindamycin, but I never tried it. I was on Benzaclin for awhile, but I might as well have simply used Dan's BP in conjunction with a clindamycin phosphate lotion.

Is that what you're currently doing, makeit?

I think any BP will work. Currently, I just wash my face with a gentle cleanser and I apply some tea tree oil mixed with my toner. I use Neutrogena BP 2.5% and then I apply the Clindamycin. I alternate BP with Paula's Choice 2% BHA. But I always apply the Clindamycin last. Seems to work well so far.

Thank you. I've come a really long way. I used to have nodular acne but now it's mostly red marks and small bumps with few whiteheads.

I guess you know you're doing something right when you've achieved long-term improvement. I remember I used to get those painful nodules once in awhile too, but haven't had one in a very long time. It's a good feeling not to be in pain, haha.

Thank you. I've come a really long way. I used to have nodular acne but now it's mostly red marks and small bumps with few whiteheads.

I guess you know you're doing something right when you've achieved long-term improvement. I remember I used to get those painful nodules once in awhile too, but haven't had one in a very long time. It's a good feeling not to be in pain, haha.

Tell me about it. I had one right in the middle of my cheek that would leak pus and then scab over, leak and then scab over, etc, etc. Pretty gross. Oh our acne woahs... :boohoo:

Same here, my face feels a lot smoother and I'm no longet in pain. Still quite a ways from clear skin though. I hope my consistency pays off. Not to mention I've only had acne for 3 months, it was a VERY, VERY sudden flare up that quickly went from mild/moderate to moderate/severe.

In my experience, consistency is definitely key. I've been dealing with moderate acne since high school and constant and regimented treatment has proven to be essential. Just keep it up and you'll be all right.

clindamycin sucks. broke my chin out horribly when i would apply it. as well as other problem areas. dunno bout differin tho.