Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
remag42

Are teens less likely to grow out of cystic acne than regular acne?

I am 18 and I have had large painful cystic acne for over 3 years. Just wondering if just because the acne is cystic if it effects the chances of me growing out of acne? Or does cystic acne go away completely for most people? This is really really important for me to know because I can wait another year or two just not 5 (or forever).

your chances of growing out of it is the same as people that just suffer from lower level acne... however by theory it will take longer as your acne will not just suddenly dissapear 1st it will go down to lower levels of acne till you only get 1 every few months then it will dissapear... however in the scope of being truthful some people dont grow out of acne... its only a small % wordwide however that is still several billion people.... for example dan is in his 30s and still suffers from acne.... not sure how serve his is though

Cystic acne will take a lot longer to go away than regular acne, and some people never grow out of it.Cystic acne is the type that can ruin you forever..so simply put if you have cystic acne your fucked!