Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
kayfi

2nd Round of Accutane; 20/f

So, I guess my story isnt too special.

I was on Accutane for around 7 months when I was 17. I only took 20mg a day. After the first course my skin was fantastic. Then I would get occasional acne in my hairline, then break out around my period, and now.... its back!

My acne is no where near as bad as it was when I first started Accutane. My derm thinks that a nice little refresher course will help out. So today I resigned up for iPledge, and tomorrow morning is blood test number one (wish me luck... the blood draws are the worst part of tane for me!).

So, I should start a month from now, but after my appointment today I'd rearing and ready to go!

I'm going to be on a higher dosage this time, I think 40mg. I'm 5'10 and 155lbs. I've got my first round of pictures, and of course this is the best my face has looked in the 2 months it took to get in to the doctor!

good luck to everyone!

also thinking of a second course, though my acne is not as bad as the firs time... please keep us posted. im a 23 year old female.

wat was your dose/how long did u take it first time around? i took a low dose for 8 months, and i dont think i reached the 120 mg/kg cumulative dose. its been a year since i popped my last pill. getting really depressed again, and am hoping for a second round, but my derma prescribed me praventin (some new oral acne pill thats like a food supplement, which i dont think has been doing much over the last three weeks since ive taken it). bla. ill go back again next week in the hopes of getting a second course ugh.

acne sucks.

also thinking of a second course, though my acne is not as bad as the firs time... please keep us posted. im a 23 year old female.

wat was your dose/how long did u take it first time around? i took a low dose for 8 months, and i dont think i reached the 120 mg/kg cumulative dose. its been a year since i popped my last pill. getting really depressed again, and am hoping for a second round, but my derma prescribed me praventin (some new oral acne pill thats like a food supplement, which i dont think has been doing much over the last three weeks since ive taken it). bla. ill go back again next week in the hopes of getting a second course ugh.

acne sucks.

My first round was 8 months and low, I think 40mg. I went in for my first blood draw this week. And when the derm got my results they called me because my triglycerides were quite high. I have to change my diet and really be monitored when they start me (my triglycerides went up because of accutane, pretty steadily each blood test.)

And apparently, I wasnt in compliance with iPledge. They called to registered me again and there was a flag on my old ID. So that might slow me down getting the drug. But my first round I was the first paitient in my small home town to be in the program (lots of problems at the Dr's office) as well as the pharmacy (bunch of problems there). I'm hoping that the only "noncompliance" was an error between my DR and Pharmacist.

So now I wait, and eat a diet much lower in fat and sugar. I'll let you know!