Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sid99

red marks almost faded but...

I wanted to know if anyone else witnesses this. Well after a few months off accutane some of my red marks have almost completely faded but still there. Now I have noticed however that when I rub my face or come out of the shower or exercise they seem to instantly become more red and visible. But as they have faded alot its still not very very red but still alot more red than when for instance I am sitting down and not causing a rush of blood to my face.

My question is from people who may have gone through similar experience, firstly will the marks fade until completely gone (they have been the same state for some weeks)? If not is there a way to fade them? Also what could be the cause of this? Is it still under going deeper healing?

Yeh i remember seeing darker marks when i came out of the shower post tane, they go away in time dont worry - they decrease in darkness constantly

I'm convinced the redmarks I acquired during Accutane have turned into ever so slightly raised skin, if that makes sense. Like you said, they've faded dramatically, but it seems as though they'll only fade to a certain extent. Maybe microdermabrasion will help.

PS. I've been on retinoids for my 4.5 months post tane.

I have the same problem with my marks left from acne, it's like they are just flat spots with more tiny capillaries than my healthy skin, and of course when you exercise you flush slightly and these areas look a lot more red. If I press them or stretch the skin slightly they go completely clear, it's just trying to find a way to fix them completely :(

tom03 you couldn't have said it better, when you stretch the skin they go completely clear for me too! I dont know what it is? Could it be broken capillaries? If so will it ever get better on its own or is it short of some procedure like vbeam. I dont even know if they have vbeam in the UK and whether it would be sutiable for asian skin let alone the cost. AHHHH... this is so frustrating! By the way how long have yours been like that for??

I have the same problem load of them on my cheeks. I name them marks of devil because they ruined ma life. I had them now like nearly a year after my breakout.