Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pwolly

B5 I'm clear and have been for a while - kinda forgot about you guys, woopsy.

I started taking Vitamin b5 550mg pills months ago - I took about 15-18 a day and when i had no acne left I just started taking 2-3 after every meal ( taking with food allows more of the B5 to be absorbed apparently ).

I stopped for a week at a point and my acne came back but now its gone again and i don’t give it a second thought so this might work for you too.

It is expensive to keep it up but just stop buying cleansers and other pointless stuff and I’m sure you could afford it.

Sorry I didn’t come by and report my acne was gone and how I did it, I guess a lot of people get rid and don’t come back to help, anyway I finally got round to it - can only apologise for not having done so sooner.

On another note i must add that for some reason i remember thinking if my acne was cured my life would just be great and everything would be perfect - well it isn’t - I’ve realised there are much more important things in the world than acne!

But anyways just don’t let acne get you down like I used to get - like I say there is more to life!

post-66472-1222288648_thumb.jpg

post-66472-1222288648_thumb.jpg

Nope, Ive been looking for changes but theres nothing niticable, the only thing is if i take 2-3 on an empty stomoch i get hungry, thats why i take them with food.

Awesome bro, I'm actually thinking of going on in this as well. How long did it take for results to become apparent, and how bad was your acne before?

Are you taking any other supplements?

I don't use any cleansers or anything, just water, sometimes with baking soda and sometimes with TT oil mixed in so I'm saving a ton of money as well...how much does a bottle of B5 actually cost?

Awesome bro, I'm actually thinking of going on in this as well. How long did it take for results to become apparent, and how bad was your acne before?

Are you taking any other supplements?

I don't use any cleansers or anything, just water, sometimes with baking soda and sometimes with TT oil mixed in so I'm saving a ton of money as well...how much does a bottle of B5 actually cost?

I saw results in days and was clear within 1 - 2 weeks.

My acne was cystic around my neck plus always had at least 2-3 whiteheads on my face.

I take a multivitamin each day also but just to be healthy inside i guess.

I buy 2-3 packs of 90 550mg pills at a time, costing £7.99 (uk) per pack.

That's actually not bad at all. What brand, if I may ask? I'm pretty sure Canada carries most of the brands that the UK would...I hope.

That's actually not bad at all. What brand, if I may ask? I'm pretty sure Canada carries most of the brands that the UK would...I hope.

Just do a google search mate, I get them from justvitamins.co.uk

I started on B5 just over a week ago and have noticed pretty good results in only a week. I tried B5 about 8 years ago and it did nothing so I gave up. I was reading up on it again recently and decided I would give the B5 powder ago, glad I did as it's so much easier to take. Just 3 teaspoons a day equals 10g, although the taste is absolutly awful but it's worth it.

If your from the UK I got mine from myprotein.co.uk, they do big tubs of B5 powder that will last about 3 months if you take 10g a day, think it cost me about £50 (try this code MP79389, you might get a 5% discount aswell, don't know if it still works though).

www.well.ca free shipping in canada

I'm obvious to this, so can you help? I'm on the dans regimen, which is helping, can i do this too?

Do i just take it with a meal etc? Bit confused! Also, does it help with redmarks/scars?

Thanks! And can you link to the one you buy on the website please in the UK, i can't find it and don't know what i am looking for :P

I'm curious too about the redness and scarring. Pwolly, did you have either of these when you had acne? Your face is remarkably clear, and I'm actually quite jealous, but happy for you at the same time.

I'm obvious to this, so can you help? I'm on the dans regimen, which is helping, can i do this too?

Do i just take it with a meal etc? Bit confused! Also, does it help with redmarks/scars?

Thanks! And can you link to the one you buy on the website please in the UK, i can't find it and don't know what i am looking for :P

I'd just quit dans regimen to be honest mate, but yes take 3-4 with each meal to begin with ( to be honest i just take whenever i want to now just as long as im not taking say...more than 15 in a day).

As for the red marks and scarring well...it does help red marks but i still have some dull scars that no one else would probably be able to notice but i know they are there.

My skin is far from perfect though and - i put it down to smoking mostly ( which i really want to quit).

And if you can't find it on justvitamins.com or anywhere else under he name viamin b5 try PANTOTHENIC ACID as its also known.

Hope that helps.

what about a Vitamin B complex pill? do you think that'd help at all

Yea those do contain b5 but not as high a dose.

20 pills a day?? that's insane!

Hmm...** I gaze into thin air and wonder while stroking my spotless chin ** :think: :dance:

20 pills a day?? that's insane!

Well, this method was proven to work through a controlled study by an asian doctor. I would trust doing it for the most part, and the thing is, you dont have to continue taking 20 pills a day after you clear, you just need maintaince doses.

"Are there any side effects to vitamin B5?

Vitamin B5 is all-natural and water-soluble. It has never exhibited any level of toxicity, even at extremely high intakes. For the vast majority of Clear5 users, the only effect is clear skin. A few temporary side effects may effect some individuals:

-Stomach irritation or diarrhea (Some people experience this as a temporary condition while your stomach adjusts to the increased levels of B5. Any discomfort usually disappears after just a few days. It is recommended that you take Clear5 tablets with meals and plenty of water in order to reduce the risk of these side effects. If persistent, reduce your dosage.)

All known side effects are temporary. Since vitamin B5 is a water-soluble vitamin and is not stored in the body, if you should stop taking it completely, you will not experience any lingering effects.

"

Some vitamins may aid in B5 intake. However, others may actually diminish the effectiveness of vitamin B5. It is not recommended that you take large doses of other vitamins while using Clear5. In order to best supplement your Clear5 tablets, we recommend a once-daily multivitamin or B-complex. This will help ensure you get a proper balance of all your daily vitamins and minerals.

Also,

Pantothenic acid, another B vitamin, is present in perhaps all animal and plant tissues, as well as in many microorganisms. Good sources of it include liver, kidney, eggs, and dairy products. It is a component of the important substance coenzyme A, which is involved in the metabolism of many biochemical substances including fatty acids, steroids, phospholipids, heme, amino acids, and carbohydrates. The adrenal gland is an important site of pantothenic acid activity. There is no known naturally occurring deficiency state and no known toxicity to pantothenic acid. The estimated safe and adequate daily intake for adults is 4 to 7 mg.

lol, the RDA is 4-7 mg. One capsule of b5 alone is likely to have 500 mg.

Reading the reviews however, one thing concerns me.

ALOT of people on acne.org's reviewing site, and pwolly himself stated that once they STOPPED using b5, they broke out badly. So, I don't know if that's a permanent deal or atleast until you grow out of it (if you're under 24ish)?

Ok, for a start i never said i took 20 pills a day - and the figures im throwing at you are just to give you an idea, I'm not possessive about how much im taking and when im taking them etc...

For example Im clear right now and i think i've taken 6-7 today and thats all i'll be taking.

As far as the breaking out without them, the breakouts as just the same as they would be without taking the pills - oh and i do hope i grow out of acne at some stage of course - don't we all?

Its not like i sell these pills or make any money from them, simply put - I just thought i'd share that i was clear, and i am clear doing something that to me seems to have no downside ( except paying for the pills but i was spending a lot more on other stuff that was doing nothing ).

It's as easy as swallowing a few pills everyday - maybe people are so skeptical because it seems to easy? Well i dunno but remember this isn't even a "drug" its a pill of natural ingredient.