Notifications
Clear all

Removed big blackhead- left with a hole but the hole looks dark and stands out from far away.

MemberMember
(@bass3p)

Posted : 09/23/2008 6:31 pm

i removed a massive blackhead on my nose and was left with a massive hole. however, looking from far away, i can see a black spot in the mirror where the hole is. i cant tell if there is stuff in the hole or not because it looks as if there is either stuff in the hole making it black or it looks black because of the hole. before when i removed the first blackhead on the surface of my nose, i got to the pus and thought i was done. but now i see this. is this a deep blackhead or something else? im getting acne facials and am on a plan they designed for me but there is no exfoliation since im using a gentle cleanser, and organic moisturizer, how should i approach to dealing with this?

MemberMember
(@roymunson)

Posted : 09/24/2008 8:30 am

That'll end up being a scarred pore. Forever a hole.

MemberMember
(@bass3p)

Posted : 09/24/2008 2:36 pm

That'll end up being a scarred pore. Forever a hole.

i know you cant shrink pores and the such but, the spot where the blackhead is, is black from far away and stands out, its not supposed to be black right? my current assumption is that it is blood from inside the pore or it is a deep blackhead that was under the previous blackhead ( does this make sense?). under any circumstances, i should not be attempting to squeeze the pore to get anywhere right?

MemberMember
(@stu2u)

Posted : 09/24/2008 3:57 pm

Sebum turns black in contact with air, holes are dark places.

If I were you I'd give it bloody good hard squeeze and see if anything comes out.

MemberMember
(@liveyourlife)

Posted : 09/24/2008 5:18 pm

Try a hot compression and then give it a squeeze. It's hard to tell since it's not my own skin, but there should be a point that you know that the squeezing is doing harm. Good luck.. let us know how it goes?

MemberMember
(@heyo)

Posted : 09/25/2008 12:55 am

If the blackhead is out that it might be kind of a normal thing. I had a really large blackhead that was extracted and it left a bit of a pit. Unless it's my imagination, it's filling up and going away. It's been about 3 weeks.

Give it a little time and see what happens before you make it worse.

MemberMember
(@bass3p)

Posted : 09/25/2008 2:11 pm

okay, ill wait for a bit, 1-3 months should do it i guess and see if there is any progress on the black spot on the pore, if not ill steam my nose to open the pores and squeeze to see if theres something in there

MemberMember
(@roymunson)

Posted : 09/30/2008 8:30 am

Don't squeeze, just don't squeeze.

MemberMember
(@stu2u)

Posted : 10/01/2008 11:16 am

Don't squeeze, just don't squeeze.

Do squeeze, just squeeze.

MemberMember
(@13kid)

Posted : 10/02/2010 8:35 pm

hey , i have the same problem with you , except the "hole" blend in with the rest of my skin . But when see closely, theres this huge hole on my nose T.T it was caused by picking blackheads .... its been more than 1 week now and it has not heal... im only 13 and i have this huge scarred pore on my nose ... i dont know if it would ever heal !! will time heal !?

MemberMember
(@gretzky99)

Posted : 10/03/2010 4:51 pm

It should go away. Its possible that you could have created a scarred/enlarged pore, but even if it is scarred or enlarged they do still shrink a bit. Its no different than popping a zit. There is always a hole after you pop it that fills in with time, its really no different. Its unlikely that popping a blackhead will scar you permanently, however the pore may be permanently enlarged because of it (something nobody will notice unless they are literally staring at that particular pore while making out with you (a very unlikely thing for people to do when kissing). And for the 13 year old, I don't think you really need to worry. At your age your rate of healing is far better than even someone of my age (only just turned 20), so its likely that you will not have any permanent hole on your face.

MemberMember
(@majormiles)

Posted : 10/03/2010 5:20 pm

i really ddont think that this will scar at all

i get this all the time, at first you think "crap i have a hole in my face" and then literally day after day you see it getting better

give it a week and it will be back to normal pore size

MemberMember
(@13kid)

Posted : 10/04/2010 9:18 am

yar i kinda know what your talking about , the other pores that i picked in the past , filled up in like just 1-2 days / scab and then form a new skin . But i think i picked this particular blackhead too deep and it have been more than one week and it still look kinda same to me o.0

MemberMember
(@lameleah)

Posted : 10/04/2010 10:20 am

Just don't squeeze. I got a wrinkling nose with tons of scarred pores so as some people here who fing squeezed their blackhead. It's your choice. Try to find other products to get rid if those but don't f'ing squeeze!

MemberMember
(@13kid)

Posted : 10/05/2010 6:24 am

well i just hope that it will go back to its normal size/fill up as time pass by but so far , i dont see much progression

MemberMember
(@naef-basile)

Posted : 10/21/2010 1:58 am

i removed a massive blackhead on my nose and was left with a massive hole. however, looking from far away, i can see a black spot in the mirror where the hole is. i cant tell if there is stuff in the hole or not because it looks as if there is either stuff in the hole making it black or it looks black because of the hole. before when i removed the first blackhead on the surface of my nose, i got to the pus and thought i was done. but now i see this. is this a deep blackhead or something else? im getting acne facials and am on a plan they designed for me but there is no exfoliation since im using a gentle cleanser, and organic moisturizer, how should i approach to dealing with this?

I am writing a response as though this individual were a recent post.

There is now a belief that it is not the oxidation of the sebum that causes the "black" which you see at the top of a blackhead, but rather melanin (skin pigment) infiltrating the plug of skin cells and sebum in the uppermost part of the plug. Nevertheless, if it is true that sebum does turn dark when oxidized, then perhaps that is a possible explanation for what you are seeing at the bottom

of the damaged tissue.

What I would do is to stop going for "acne facials". The person administering these to you must have been the most ignorant cosmetologist on earth to have ignored the presence of such a large blackhead. Never, EVER leave large blackheads or whiteheads just sitting there. The P.acne bacteria produce fatty acids from sebum and these acids break through the wall of the follicle. At this point, the resulting inflammatory response attracts white cells. Remember the pus you "...got to..."? The white cells in that pus were originally just outside of the follicle and released a substance that kills the acne bacteria, but also destroyed living tissue in the follicle wall. Then, the white cells that were surrounding the follicle---simply mix in with the sebum and dead bacteria. There are toxins left from the bacteria. These toxins are what caused the white cells to zero-in on the follicle following the initial inflammatory reaction. Trouble is, the sebaceous gland may still be producing the sebum which contains fats upon which the P.acne bacteria continue to thrive. Not only does this lead to more detruction by white cells, but the toxins released from dead bacteria can now cause direct destruction to any living tissue which they come into contact with.

Why am I telling this to you or anyone whose eyes have glazed over from reading the above?

It is simply that all of the above happens if you do NOT remove infected material from infected blackheads, whiteheads, closed pustules, nodules and cysts. Buy a small-size schamberg-type comedone extractor, and use it to safely extract all blackheads (BEFORE they become "massive"). Buy a deep-cleaning scrub with exfoliative particles in it to wash your face every day. As far as being left with a large "hole" from an immense blackhead, wait to see if it closes. If there is a significant scar remaining, find a plastic surgeon and ask how much he/she would charge to close it or inject it with collagen. They can do amazing things these days.

MemberMember
(@fedupofadultacne)

Posted : 10/21/2010 8:11 pm

i have afew 'holes' in my face from permanently scarred enlarged pores. :( funnily though they dont seem to get much dirt in the anymore, they just sit there wide open and hole like! im sure most people dont notice them. but my sister once said to me "you have a hole in your cheek!", i was thinking, oh great!

MemberMember
(@skinderella)

Posted : 10/21/2010 8:24 pm

I believe that if the skin is given a chance to heal it will heal itself. Relax :)

MemberMember
(@beanholes)

Posted : 03/30/2011 2:07 am

DO NOT SQUEEZE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Just let it be, man! PLEASE!!!!

I did this not too long ago, Except My skin gets oily, i cleanse, tehn it gets really gritty and dead skin flakes all over my nose. I washed my face n gently lathered over the "caps" of these dead skin flakes over the pores, n it left HUGE holes on the sides of my nose. like 6 on each side, DO NOT SQUEEZE no not tweez, jus tlet it be or u will forever regret it!

MemberMember
(@kathykelly)

Posted : 04/27/2011 2:15 pm

I use nose strips all the time and I have the exact same problem, it's almost not work pulling them out because the whole just looks like a blackhead still. I never thought this was a big deal though... that's just what a deep pore looks like?

Mine are only black in some lights though, dark rooms and stuff. In daylight my pores aren't black, just normal hole where blackheads have been... is this the same for you? If so I don't think it's anything, just the lighting...

Maybe you didn't pull it out from the root, just light some of the blackhead, I know nose strips work like this...

MemberMember
(@yooon)

Posted : 02/08/2019 4:22 am

I also have a hole due to blackhead. It's very visible so it looks horrid. I'm 14 years old and I've been worrying if it will return to its normal size.

MemberMember
(@geministoic)

Posted : 03/27/2021 12:05 pm

Okay, so squeezing blackheads on the nose may possibly leave permanent (unless you do surgery) holes if overdone...

But this might be out of topic, but what about the shape of the nose? Will it deform from all that sqeezing, pinching and pressing? What happens to the cartilage?