Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest ranger42

Retin-a is not good for texture/scars

Guest ranger42

I've been using retin-a micro for 2 1/2 months now (every other day) and while it is working for the active acne, I'm having shallow scars pop up everywhere that it has been applied (forehead, cheeks, chin). Some of them may have been there before, but the retin-a is definitely making everything more visible. I suspect that retin-a could even be creating them.

If you're thinking about using retin-a to improve the texture of your skin, I would say don't.

Retin-A is a harsh product and it may give you problems rather than help cure it. I will suggest you to try skinceuticals serum 20 if you do not have sensitive skin, else you could try serum 10. It helps alot on scars.

I've been on Retin-A for 28 months. It seems to "uncover" old scars when you first start using it, and this process can go on for over a year. It did with me. But now my mostly shallow scars are looking better each month. It works slowly, and you have to have a great deal of patience. As a wrinkle reducer, there is nothing better. I use the .1% cream.

taz/retin a definitely uncovered scars for me, so much so that i stopped using it because i wasn't positive that's what was happening. two tca peels also revealed more scars where i'd never seen hints of them. so, robert, reading your post is extremely interesting.

I've been on Retin-A for 28 months. It seems to "uncover" old scars when you first start using it, and this process can go on for over a year. It did with me. But now my mostly shallow scars are looking better each month. It works slowly, and you have to have a great deal of patience. As a wrinkle reducer, there is nothing better. I use the .1% cream.

Gawd I'm hoping this works. Been using tretinoin, same concentration as you, for a month now. Obviously can't see results yet -other than very dry skin sometimes- but I'm giving it a year. My scars are shallow.