Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
adidas7

Need Someone To Talk To NOW

I just moved in to my dorm a few days ago. I'm rooming with one of my best friends from high school. My acne has just begun to get worse than it's ever been, and I don't really have anyone to talk to. I just stay in my dorm the entire day, not feeling confident to meet new people. Not even confident to see the people i was friends with in high school. While my friend goes out, I just sit in the dorm and do nothing, and today I just broke down. I haven't been getting involved in activities, haven't gone out to eat, I just sit here thinking about how my life got to where it is and how acne has pretty brought everything I worked so hard for come to an end. I don't know where else to turn, so if there's anyone out there I can talk to it would brighten up my day just a little bit.

Get your butt out there! I know it's hard--and it's frustrating, and it's a huge smasher to your ego, but you're not the only acne sufferer out there; you just have to go out there and be yourself--without the acne. Meet new people, and the more social interactions you have and the more people you meet and talk to and become friends with, the better about yourself you'll feel. Locking yourself up in your room isn't going to help you.

I know, you probably don't want to, but is sitting by yourself in the dark going to help your acne? No. So get out there and help your self-esteem :)

hey man i feel you. When i was a freshman in college my acne flared up again after two years of being clear. Luckily i had an awesome roomate (we still are roomates) and he introduced me to a lot of people. Yeah, having acne is hard and you feel like meeting people is impossible, but in reality if you just sit in your dorm room you will never meet anyone and when you are clear nothing will change. you still will just sit in your dorm room but you will be acne free. trust me get involved in some things (i joined a frat and it helped me meet people) and you will feel better. also you should look into accutane, it cleared me up.

Guest missyjean130

go to my profile and add me to IM if you want.

If u have verizon u can even talk to me that way.

I love talking 2 ppl on this site lol

I just moved in to my dorm a few days ago. I'm rooming with one of my best friends from high school. My acne has just begun to get worse than it's ever been, and I don't really have anyone to talk to. I just stay in my dorm the entire day, not feeling confident to meet new people. Not even confident to see the people i was friends with in high school. While my friend goes out, I just sit in the dorm and do nothing, and today I just broke down. I haven't been getting involved in activities, haven't gone out to eat, I just sit here thinking about how my life got to where it is and how acne has pretty brought everything I worked so hard for come to an end. I don't know where else to turn, so if there's anyone out there I can talk to it would brighten up my day just a little bit.

Do not let acne stop you from going out and meeting new people, if you continue to shut yourself from the world as you are doing right now, before you know it time will fly by and you will have no fond memories to look back on from college but mere memories of how you wish you had of done this and that, don't let your acne take away your right to enjoy college cause mate it's the best craic you'll ever have.