Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Carson

Out of BP, won't have any for a few days

I ran out and ordered some more, but it won't get here for like a week :\ Who knew the biggest bottle would run out in a month and a half. What should I do in that period without any BP? I have some prescription BP that is 8.5%, should I use that? It's not quite as gel like as Dan's.

dude just buy some bp or use ur prescription strength stuff. You think it really matters what strength bp you use? Of course dan saysss it does but trust me it does not. He is trying to make money selling his products just like anyone else and he will of course say whatever to make money. His method is more about being gentle applying the bp and to use a gentle face wash and moisturizer. Notice how he says to use 2.5 percent bp and what do u know its the hardest one to find over the counter thus making it a must to buy it from him. Not saying dans regimen doesnt work or hes a bad guy but just remember hes out to make money just like everyone else.

I've read somewhere that Dan wrote that 2.5% BP is just as effective as 5% or 10%. He doesnt suggest specifically that you should only use the 2.5%. 10% will still do the trick but just be a bit more irritating. P.S. Dan's the man. His prices are VERY fair and justifable.

Ok, I used my 8.5% prescription BP. I read the directions and it told me to wet my face, and rub it on there for 10-20 seconds until it lathers, then wash it off. I did that. Why is Dan's completely different than that?

Ok, I used my 8.5% prescription BP. I read the directions and it told me to wet my face, and rub it on there for 10-20 seconds until it lathers, then wash it off. I did that. Why is Dan's completely different than that?

The 8.5 % BP your using is prolly a face wash. The benzoyl peroxide dan sells is a GEL and not a Face Wash.....

in defence of dan, i am currently using his brand of BP gel and it's a complete picnic to what i was using before - panoxyl 2.5 % gel, which made my face peel like crazy and appear completely sunburnt - not a good look when you work in a professional capacity and have to face loads of people everyday :(

dan FTW!

dude just buy some bp or use ur prescription strength stuff. You think it really matters what strength bp you use? Of course dan saysss it does but trust me it does not. He is trying to make money selling his products just like anyone else and he will of course say whatever to make money. His method is more about being gentle applying the bp and to use a gentle face wash and moisturizer. Notice how he says to use 2.5 percent bp and what do u know its the hardest one to find over the counter thus making it a must to buy it from him. Not saying dans regimen doesnt work or hes a bad guy but just remember hes out to make money just like everyone else.

The reason why he says to use 2.5% is because its just as effective at fighting acne as higher grades, and at the same time it causes less side effects(ie. redness, dry skin, peeling etc..). Thats makes perfect sense to me..

I don't know what country you are in, but 2.5% is easy to find here in Canada.