Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sallytomato

Why most docs think natural supplements are BS?

#1) There's not much studies or anything to prove it actually does what it says

#2) Don't know the interactions from your body to other meds

#3) Don't know what's a safe amount

#4) Don't know the long term effects

why would they want u to buy something for like 10 bucks while they can sell u something 50 bucks for a month worth?

Anyway be careful with natural supplments cause sometimes you don't know if it's safe for you. I was taking vitamin A and have a liver problem...my doc kind of went mad at me cause it's not recommended at all...but I didn't know!

Anyway be careful with natural supplments cause sometimes you don't know if it's safe for you. I was taking vitamin A and have a liver problem...my doc kind of went mad at me cause it's not recommended at all...but I didn't know!

so true.

ask yourself this question.

whe you had no acne, did you need vitamins and supplements to stay clear??

how about people you know who are clear?? do they need to take vitamions and supps to maintain their complexion??? probably not, so whats the difference then???

then why would you need them that bad now???

perhaps the supplement theory isnt a very good argument or explanation why you have acne now.

lack of vitamins and supplements isnt likely to be the reason you got acne, i still suspect a mental/psychological origin, or just pure genetics, diet may be involved but its not really that big of an influence, if it were just diet lots of people would have acne, their is more to it then that.

why would they want u to buy something for like 10 bucks while they can sell u something 50 bucks for a month worth?

There are enough ailments in the word, not including acne, to keep doctors in business. They don't need to rip off a few bucks from a person with acne when they can make much more from a person with a serious medical condition.

#1) There's not much studies or anything to prove it actually does what it says

#2) Don't know the interactions from your body to other meds

#3) Don't know what's a safe amount

#4) Don't know the long term effects

Well said :clap: .

There are enough ailments in the word, not including acne, to keep doctors in business. They don't need to rip off a few bucks from a person with acne when they can make much more from a person with a serious medical condition.

Um...do you think doctors actually care about us (HAHA thats funny). Doctors probably do care to an extent about our health, but believe me what THEY want is your money. Sure they can get much more from more sick people, but that doesn't mean they'll take an opportunity to fuck you over for granted. Why did you think so many doctors were against Hillarys plan to cut the wages of doctors? DUH they want money! If doctors TRULY cared about us they wouldn't care as much about wages. and dont give me that shit about liability because thats a sorry excuse.

And why do so many doctors provide pills for EVERYTHING? I am friends with a pharmacist and she says that people take SO MANY pills for all kinds of petty sicknesses that its not even funny. When I mentioned to her that most of those problems could be fixed with dietary changes she told me that it was 100% true and that people look for the easy way out. Its not as much people looking for the easy way out though as it is the doctors. Who signs the prescriptions for all those drugs? DOCTORS. Why don't they just ttell us 'change your diet and eat more of this or that' and tell us WHATS REALLY going on? Why don't they tell us the reason for so many of our problems is because of our insides? They don't CARE about us they care about their paychecks. They're as bad as lawyers.

Not to mention the ALWAYS mentioned doctors giving medication for acne as if some cream is going to help my face and taking some poison shit like accutane is going to heal me.

And why do so many doctors provide pills for EVERYTHING? I am friends with a pharmacist and she says that people take SO MANY pills for all kinds of petty sicknesses that its not even funny. When I mentioned to her that most of those problems could be fixed with dietary changes she told me that it was 100% true and that people look for the easy way out. Its not as much people looking for the easy way out though as it is the doctors. Who signs the prescriptions for all those drugs? DOCTORS. Why don't they just ttell us 'change your diet and eat more of this or that' and tell us WHATS REALLY going on? Why don't they tell us the reason for so many of our problems is because of our insides? They don't CARE about us they care about their paychecks. They're as bad as lawyers.

Not to mention the ALWAYS mentioned doctors giving medication for acne as if some cream is going to help my face and taking some poison shit like accutane is going to heal me.

Well said

They are unproven, long term effects are unknown... some of you dodos can keep thinking that its all about money and they always have money on their mind, or it might have something to do with there being no evidence of it being a good product.

Um...do you think doctors actually care about us (HAHA thats funny)... If doctors TRULY cared about us they wouldn't care as much about wages.

Yes, I do think they care. I actually know a couple of doctors personally, as well as one individual who is in medical school. The money is great, and a small number of doctors went into their profession for money. However, being a doctor is tough--especially in the US--where your hours are long, you probably won't see a lot of your family, and you're constantly being exposed to highly transmittable diseases. Their lives aren't like Grey's Anatomy. I think the majority of doctors care because they money isn't worth the sacrifices they have to make.

It's also natural to resist some one lowering your wages.

I am friends with a pharmacist and she says that people take SO MANY pills for all kinds of petty sicknesses that its not even funny. When I mentioned to her that most of those problems could be fixed with dietary changes she told me that it was 100% true and that people look for the easy way out.

So you're saying schizophrenia can be fixed with diet? Lol.... Some things can be helped with diet, lots can be prevented with diet, but changing your diet probably won't cure most of the things the pharmacy treats.

Um...do you think doctors actually care about us (HAHA thats funny)... If doctors TRULY cared about us they wouldn't care as much about wages.

Yes, I do think they care. I actually know a couple of doctors personally, as well as one individual who is in medical school. The money is great, and a small number of doctors went into their profession for money. However, being a doctor is tough--especially in the US--where your hours are long, you probably won't see a lot of your family, and you're constantly being exposed to highly transmittable diseases. Their lives aren't like Grey's Anatomy. I think the majority of doctors care because they money isn't worth the sacrifices they have to make.

I am friends with a pharmacist and she says that people take SO MANY pills for all kinds of petty sicknesses that its not even funny. When I mentioned to her that most of those problems could be fixed with dietary changes she told me that it was 100% true and that people look for the easy way out.

So you're saying schizophrenia can be fixed with diet? Lol.... Some things can be helped with diet, lots can be prevented with diet, but changing your diet probably won't cure most of the things the pharmacy treats.

Yes...schizophrenia can be cured holistically

and pharmacy's don't actually cure these mental illnesses, they just prescribe pills that mess up your brain chemistry, and you have to take them everyday the rest of your life, and if you stop it comes right back..thats not CURING anything

If you want to cure something like schizo you do it holistically and actually fix the problem

Our bodies have not evolved off of that shit we call medicine. You can do almost anything naturally to heal your bodies unnatural functions

And the reason there are a lot of even more harmful bacteria and more sickness is more common is because of antibiotics. Doctors prescribe them like its nothing and so the bacteria in our bodies becomes more and more adaptable and new diseases come out. New medicine, new diseases. Eventually we will lose and we will be stuck with incurable diseases because nature will always prevail over anything the human mind can conjure up. People should think about this, perhaps in about 100-200 years it will be too late.

LOL @ people actually defending doctors in all this.

Sorry, but, if your doctors really were looking for your best interest, you wouldn't be on this site. Think back to the first time you went to the doctor for acne...what'd he do? Perscribe you something. Nothing to do with diet of course, because applying something on your face and attempting to fix an internal problem in an external manner does the trick, obviously. If the perscription somehow works for a while, good for you, but you're going to have to keep on applying that sh*t on your face for the rest of your life.

However, as MANY experiences have proved, nothing perscribed by a doctor really works continually, not even Accutane in many cases.

Really, stop being so niave to the world around you and truly think about it. We have advanced so much technologically and in other aspects of science and medicine, yet you think it's really believeable that we can't figure out a synthetic cure for something that's a COMMON skin disorder? However, you forget the question of "where's the money in fixing it for good?"

Usually teenagers get acne, so of course, the "acne business" will be on and in full swing as long as teenagers are around, which will be ALWAYS. Curing acne would be too simple. Hence, to get the most money out of consumers while they suffer from acne, there are MILLIONS of products and synbthetic treatments out there, all designated to get rid of your acne. How much of that percentage actually works? Your own experiences should answer the question to this topic for you.

Acne has occured with people in the past, but it's never been as prevalent as it is in the Western world at this moment and time. Please think about that, because there's obviously a reason for it.

My only regret in terms of acne are the days when I was 14 and refused to follow my Dad's skincare advice because I naively thought that everything my doctor perscribed to me would help or were in MY best interests.

Yes...schizophrenia can be cured holistically

Really? Please tell me how so I can help the thousands of individuals who are inflicted with this disorder.

and pharmacy's don't actually cure these mental illnesses, they just prescribe pills that mess up your brain chemistry, and you have to take them everyday the rest of your life, and if you stop it comes right back..thats not CURING anything

You're right. Many mental illnesses happen within the body, often without the interference of foreign substances or organisms. But pharmacy drugs are far more effective than so-called "holistic" treatments. Pharmaceuticals are potent, and they do have some terrible side-effects, but at least they treat the disorder. "Holistic" treatments offer a myriad of solutions to deal with mental illness, and offer almost nothing but anecdotal evidence about how many people have been "cured" or "treated." Many of these "holistic" solutions come from a misunderstanding of mental disease and of basic science, and the only way to explain the lack of documented and researched "holistic" success stories is to point fingers at the pharmaceutical companies.

Our bodies have not evolved off of that shit we call medicine.

A good number of medicines are found in nature and are derived from nature. If we've evolve off medicine then we'd be aliens.

And the reason there are a lot of even more harmful bacteria and more sickness is more common is because of antibiotics. Doctors prescribe them like its nothing and so the bacteria in our bodies becomes more and more adaptable and new diseases come out. New medicine, new diseases.

Sorry, most of what you wrote here is BS. Pharmaceutical grade antibiotics were introduced during the 20th century, but diseases and germs didn't come into existence by the truckload because of antibiotics. We know of so many diseases and microscopic organisms because medical technology is more advanced. As a result of these advances, ailments without any noticeable physiological symptoms have been detected and eventually treated. In addition to "new" germs and diseases, new technology has also helped us to find vitamins and other nutrients and biological functions we had no idea about.

You're right. Many mental illnesses happen within the body, often without the interference of foreign substances or organisms. But pharmacy drugs are far more effective than so-called "holistic" treatments. Pharmaceuticals are potent, and they do have some terrible side-effects, but at least they treat the disorder. "Holistic" treatments offer a myriad of solutions to deal with mental illness, and offer almost nothing but anecdotal evidence about how many people have been "cured" or "treated." Many of these "holistic" solutions come from a misunderstanding of mental disease and of basic science, and the only way to explain the lack of documented and researched "holistic" success stories is to point fingers at the pharmaceutical companies.

While I will agree that some mental illnesses do require medical attention on a pharmaceutical level, there are plenty of others that can simply be solved by non-synthetic means. Case in point: my ex girlfriend had some issues with her family at certain points in her life. While we were going out, she decided the best way to deal with the depression she felt while at home was to go to a psychiatrist, who, upon the first 10 minutes of her explaination, wanted her to pop some stupid pill to cope with the situation. Eff that.

I talked her out of that sh*t, and told her it was the most stupid thing I'd ever heard. If she was maniacally depressed and was hanging off windows every night hoping to die, then yes, she would require medical attention, but just because a person has a personal issue that makes them sad doesn't mean the cure to thier problems is a PILL.

I used to get depressed at times because of my acne; what should I have done? Go to a doctor so he can make me pop some pill? People on this site talk about having things like social anxiety and this and that because of acne. Popping a pill will supposedly help me with all that? No, things like anxiety are things you can fix on your own. Who says it's easy? But I'd rather work at something I have a problem with then try and just pop a pill to solve it.

What I find funny is that, somehow in our new world, everything that worked in the past in regards to personal problems is being tossed out the window and instead replaced by the view that "if there's a problem with you and your body...JUST POP A PILL!".

Pills don't cure everything, nor are they always needed. Just because a guy who studied and got a degree told you what you need, doesn't necessarily mean that it is. These kind of issues have showed in MANY fields of medicinal treatment, including autism. I was watching a show the other day where the guest talked about how she cured/aided her son's autism NATURALLY, when the doctors wanted to treat it the way they regularly treat it.

This same thing goes for acne. Just because a doctor says the best thing you can do is take an antibiotic doesn't mean that popping minocycline 2x a day for the next 3 months fixes your acne. Oh, it might decrease, but it WILL come back...you know why? Because it's an INTERNAL problem. Of course, no money would be made that way.

For the record: My issue is not with the medicinal community in general...it is with the medicinal community when it comes to ACNE. I think it's ridiculous how much they're ripping people off with thier "solutions".

Really? Please tell me how so I can help the thousands of individuals who are inflicted with this disorder.

I will tell you and i'd be glad if you helped thousands of people cure there schizophrenia

schizophrenia is the majority of the time caused by parasites that have migrated to the brain. Sometimes they lay egg sacks, cause cysts. or eat at your brain.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/001849.html

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2006/1/25/154715/753

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008...-schizophrenia/

http://www.livescience.com/technology/0602...echnovelgy.html

parasites and systemic candida infection are the cause of most other mental disorders as well

Doctors aren't good for anything except injuries or medical emergancy's...anything else can be fixed through diet, cleanses, or getting rid of parasites/candida

Disease's are found in nature, Therefore the cure will also be found in nature.

What you do during the day is better then any medicine. Unfortunately many people would rather live a quick fast paced life and take short cuts. But every short cut you take will lead you closer to your death.

schizophrenia can be cured holistically, using Ayurveda. Here is proof

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTPt9gVTGF0&feature=user

(Fast Forward to 1:25)

Also ayurvedic doctors have studied different plants, minerals, gems for 5000 years

They also know exactly what the drugs will do to their patients, they also prescribe drugs to thier patients by first analysing their conditon, thier body type and other things too. They also never prescribe anything they themselves have not taken before to confirm its safety. They also never test on animals because humans are not animals and its fuking retarted to test medicine on animals and selfish.

Also ayurvedis medicine is 5000 years old western medicine in only a century or so. Do you know how many things that our doctors and governments thought was bad or good for when really it was the opposite. western medicine does help in some things but we could gain a hundredfold from ayurveda

I will tell you and i'd be glad if you helped thousands of people cure there schizophrenia

schizophrenia is the majority of the time caused by parasites that have migrated to the brain. Sometimes they lay egg sacks, cause cysts. or eat at your brain.

http://www.schizophrenia.com/sznews/archives/001849.html

http://www.kuro5hin.org/story/2006/1/25/154715/753

http://psychcentral.com/blog/archives/2008...-schizophrenia/

http://www.livescience.com/technology/0602...echnovelgy.html

parasites and systemic candida infection are the cause of most other mental disorders as well

Doctors aren't good for anything except injuries or medical emergancy's...anything else can be fixed through diet, cleanses, or getting rid of parasites/candida

fballer12 :wub: I heart you! This is exactly the way I feel... doctors need to stop handing out antibiotics like candy... it's effing rediculous and THEY KNOW IT.

Most pharmaceuticals are based on herbs, at least the most effective ones. Doctors use what they are taught to use--drugs that are based on herbs. It's that simple. But that is is not to their discredit. If schizophrenia were really as easy to cure as you guys have suggested, there would be news about it. By throwing a few links together showing that its caused by parasites is doing actual sufferers a huge disservice. Do you honestly believe that if there was a schizo patient in front of you right now you could treat him with 100% confidence?I'll have to call you on that bluff and I'll have to say that you are being too rash. Throwing a huge umbrella over all things is our tendency, but that's just not right. Can almost everything be cured by cleanses/anticandida diets? I'm afraid that is just absurb and an overconfident assertion.