Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
pogiboi

what to use for red marks on asian skin

HELLO EVERYONE I HAVE ASIAN SKIN BUT LIGHT ASIAN SKIN AND IVE BEEN SUFFERING WITH ACNE MARKS FOR THE LONGEST TIME DOES ANYONE KNOW HOW TO GET RID OF MARKS LEFT AFTER ACNE I HAD THESE BROWN MARKS LEFT OVER ACNE NOW FOR 4 OR 5 YEARS I TRIED EVERYTHING EVEN GLYCOLIC ACID PEELS AT 60% I EVEN TRIED USING HYDROQUINONE I MEAN EVERYTHING I FEEL HOPLESS PLEASE ANYONE HELP ME!!!

Guest missyjean130

Hello Asian <3

Have they become lighter AT ALL over the years?

I wouldn't use the hydroquinine or w/e for long periods of time, its not good for the skin. Instead I'd suggest a product with licorice extract.

Another thing you can do that's really cheap is use ACV(apple cider vinegar) as toner. Just dilute it with water first. This is very popular method.

Always wear sunscreen as well, as long periods of sun exposure may darken them.

hey lol thnx for your suggestions but i have done all of those already and it didnt really make a difference and hydroquinone just made the marks really red then they just returned to normal im using kojic acid right now its kinda working but the slowly though yea i use acv now but it doesnt really seem to be working these are wierd acne marks there not scars though just brown marks i think they are like way deep in my skin or something uhhh life is tough with acne and thanks for replying missyjean =)

Guest missyjean130

Haha, well good luck to you! leftover marks are so annoying =P

I may even consider that kojic acid if all my methods fail me,so thanks for that!

I have the same problems brown marks for over 6 months with no fading. Surely if they are brown they are epidermal so should atleast hav lightened in that time. I sometimes think they are permanent or because of cell memory the body keeps creating the same level of melanin in that area. By the way when you tried hydroquinone did you pair it up with Retin-A? I heard its not very effective without it. I also tried 4% hydroquinone 2 weeks ago and my marks appeared very red when applied so stopped using it. I have recently gone back to trying it in hopes that it was jsut my skin getting used to it. We'll see, keep us updated!

i used a combiniation of Bio-oil and Meladerm, and it worked pretty well. you have to wait a couple of months, but after about 20 weeks (5 months, i know!!- but nothing works overnight...) all the marks were very much improved and some of them were almost gone.

P.S. just to give an indication of the effectivness, ive yet to come across a person who had darker and generally worse pigmentation than i had. not that there aren't cos im sure there are many, but looking back from where i was, i dont think 5 months was that bad..

hey hodget17 thanks for the heads up yea im currently using that meladerm from civant right now i been using it for about 2 weeks now i guess its kinda working but very slowly so how did u use the bio oil with it?? and thanks man for the heads up =) and hey sid99 yeah i stopped using hydroquinone it doesnt really work that well for me plus its really bad for the skin and no i paired it up with glycolic acid so it can penetrate the skin better but i guess hydroquione just blocks the melanin then actually bleaching the skin i have a friend in the philippines that used hydroquinone now he has irreversable discoloration damage on his skin. and your welcome missyjean130 i wish u the best of luck!!!

I've tried so many products to find my red marks too! Nothing is working on my skin either, even TIME :|

i've had the same red marks/brown marks for 6months or more n it hasn't even faded the slightest bit.... I've tried Bio-oil, vitamin e, emu oil, gycolic acid, mama lotion (but only once because it automatically got a rash the next day!! horrible) ... right now i'm using Diacneal... i've been using it for about 3 months... no improvment either... what's wrong with my skin ! btw, im asian too *sigh*

i know seriously these marks is like punishment from hell but lately i have had success on my marks by using civant cream then after that i use dans glycolic acid on top of it. i guess the glycolic acid helps to make the cream penetrate deeper since thats what glycolic acid does so its pretty much working one of my marks i had for 5 years is virtually gone

I don't have "asian skin", but I have a pretty light complexion for an indian guy...im like yellowish/brownish if that makes sense...any ways I just dab a little lemon juice on my red marks whenever I get them...I remember this summer I had like 3 huge pimples that left a pretty deep red mark on one part of my face...I used lemon jjuice on it everyday for a week and by the 2nd week they were pretty much gone...dont use it everyday for a long period of time though, it's really drying and only use it at night (if ur skin can handle it) cuz if u use it during the day....ur skin will literally have a black spot over it for a LONG time...

Pare, itry mo yung C.Y Gabriel soap..ung medicated o kaya ung special...mura lang un...