Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ChicagoB

Accutane Questions ?

please answer my questions if you have the answers to them ...

will a dermatologist prescribe me accutane if i get like 7 pimples a month ?

if so how much will the dosage be ?

so the higher the dosage the more expensive the pills will be ? and the more sife effects i can get get ?

have you tried other products? 7 a month doesn't seem very much, considering i could possibly get that much in a day. but no matter what it still affects everyone.

do you get them all at once or like 1 - 2 new ones a week? are they cysts or white heads? is it just on your face? how old are you? and have you tried other methods to solve your problem?

anyone can go on accutane, but for mild acne like yours seems to be, sometimes can be cured with other methods. accutane is generally a last resort.

and yes the higher the dose the more it will cost, and more possible side effects. you would probably be on a very low dose though.

If you are female, you would have to follow the iPledge system. That is a lot of hoops to jump through just for 7 pimples a month.

I have had cystic acne since I was 12 (I am now 33), and only now was I able to get on it. We had to use it as a LAST RESORT because of all the side effects and the hazards to women in particular.

will a dermatologist prescribe me accutane if i get like 7 pimples a month ?

If they were cysts or large lumpy spots, possibly. Because then you'd be at risk of scarring. If they are regular spots like pustles, probably not.

if so how much will the dosage be ?

Dosage depends on your weight and how you respond to the drug.

so the higher the dosage the more expensive the pills will be ? and the more sife effects i can get get ?

It depends on how you pay...if you pay out of pocket, then yes. Higher dosages generally mean more side effects, but even low dosages usually give side effects.

have you tried other products? 7 a month doesn't seem very much, considering i could possibly get that much in a day. but no matter what it still affects everyone.

do you get them all at once or like 1 - 2 new ones a week? are they cysts or white heads? is it just on your face? how old are you? and have you tried other methods to solve your problem?

anyone can go on accutane, but for mild acne like yours seems to be, sometimes can be cured with other methods. accutane is generally a last resort.

and yes the higher the dose the more it will cost, and more possible side effects. you would probably be on a very low dose though.

yea @ like 1 - 2 new ones a week? are they cysts or white heads(both) ..small whitheads on back and sometimes on chest too but those are nothing ...moslty worried about the ones on my face..

im a male im 28 years old and i weight around 156 ...5'9

ive only used 10% benzoyl peroxide by Clean & Clear ....