Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awalbridge

Can you use topical medication (lotion) while taking Accutane?

I have been on Accutane for 2 weeks now and as expected, my breakouts have gotten a bit worse since starting my treatment (I have read many posts that say it can get worse before it gets better :cry: ) Every night I have still been applying the medication (Benzaclyn) to the break outs on my face. I am just wondering if people on Accutane should be using topical acne medication? If I can't use my Benzaclyn it is going to drive me nuts to go without physically putting something on all these new breakouts!!

Any clarification would be so helpful.

Thanks!

I have been on Accutane for 2 weeks now and as expected, my breakouts have gotten a bit worse since starting my treatment (I have read many posts that say it can get worse before it gets better :cry: ) Every night I have still been applying the medication (Benzaclyn) to the break outs on my face. I am just wondering if people on Accutane should be using topical acne medication? If I can't use my Benzaclyn it is going to drive me nuts to go without physically putting something on all these new breakouts!!

Any clarification would be so helpful.

Thanks!

Thanks for your response! But can you tell me why only a moisturizer?

Guest missyjean130

You can use something, put not prescription acne stuff- it's too strong and irritating. Spot treat with a tea tree oil product (not 100% concentration) it's much more gentle.

I spot treated during my IB and it was ok...but I only did it during IB...I want to let accutane do it's thing.

If your acne breaks open, I rec neosporin...it helps heal

Guest missyjean130
my derm gave me differin to use while on accutane, and she said it was okay and other people use differin while on accutane too(read someones log awhile back).

damn, you better use SPF!!!