Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
LATOO

AFTER your IB

Did you clear up from that point?

Reason asking, I had a real bad one with a ton of cysts from day 4 to 13. Now I'm just breaking out like how I used to before tane.....I just finished month 1 at 20 mg and am about to start 2 at 40 mg.

Help?!

for me, the IB i got starting on week 1 was really intense and rapid. then it started to slow down in month 2, but i was still breaking out. I am at the end of month 2 and I haven't had any breakouts in about 1 week. hopefully it stays this way.

It varied from person to person. Some people don't even get an IB. Some people start clearing from day one and others don't clear for their entire course. It's all a waiting game really I'm affraid!

I had my IB for about the first two months. Once I started month three I was all clear though (I am two weeks into month 3) except yesterday I got a little PMS whitehead but that was it!

My first IB was terrible, started at about day 7 then all the way to day 17. I was clear for a week then I lowered my dosage. I broke out a bit after that and by week 7 I got another big breakout with oily skin and all. Been clear then for another week and now I just raised my dosage to speed things up and I fear another breakout is starting since I'm getting oily again.

im kinda in the same situation as u im on my 37th day of accutane and im STILL breaking out. never had acne on my cheeks / chin before but now i do but the forehead is lightning and not as bumpy... im pretty concerned as well, but we cant do anything other than keep taking the medication and wait until the third / fourth month where things START to really improve (START means that it wont all have gone away BY the third/fourth month it means its gonna heal rapidly for the remaining 2 months or so) =P GL! and GL to me as well... haha :)