Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Poiccard

Pixel VS Peeling

Hello guys. So here it goes my story: i had almost no acne until i was 18 so i've never thought about going to accutane or somethin'. So, when i went to college the nightmare begun and i started to have a lot of acne. That time, I had two great inflammation that got scared and bother me much these days. I decided to try pixel this year. I have done two sections and felt that the scars on the left side of my face improved, but improved slightly (it did a month since the last application). However, I heard that peelings are better than the ablative lasers and now I am in doubt whether I will still have pixel or go for the peelings. Another thing, you guys recommend some other treatment? especially for the red marks. I took these photos quickly,they are not the worst angle.

Thank you all!

post-83391-1221938555_thumb.jpg

post-83391-1221938564_thumb.jpg

post-83391-1221938555_thumb.jpg

post-83391-1221938564_thumb.jpg

I would have to disagree with the notion that peels are better. What peels will do is perhaps make them shallower depending on strength but they will not fill them in. A laser like fraxel would be much better in rejuvenating skin and inducing collagen production. I am not to familiar with pixel but, I have not heard great success stories from it. I think a few strong fraxel treatments would be very beneficial especially for the ones on your chin.

You will probably catch some flack from people saying that your scars are not noticable but, they are your scars and no matter how small if they bother you, you should get rid of them.

I would have to disagree with the notion that peels are better. What peels will do is perhaps make them shallower depending on strength but they will not fill them in. A laser like fraxel would be much better in rejuvenating skin and inducing collagen production. I am not to familiar with pixel but, I have not heard great success stories from it. I think a few strong fraxel treatments would be very beneficial especially for the ones on your chin.

You will probably catch some flack from people saying that your scars are not noticable but, they are your scars and no matter how small if they bother you, you should get rid of them.

Nate, thanks for the reply. I also think that the lasers are better and safer, but as i´ve heard this statement from someone here from the forum, i´ve thought it would be better to consult other reviews. Thank you for the fraxel suggestion, I also think that it can give better results.