Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hiding in the front

My life right now since the fraxel repair

Well many of you might remember me from my fraxel repair thread back in june. I did go missing afterwards and this is why.

July- I moved back to florida from north carolina to start life after 4 years in the military. after the repair i had 60-70% results on scarring and had not really broken out in a while.

I got here and life fuckin rocked. I was noticing improvement everyday. I had not broken out since I got here. I was hanging out with my old friends going to the beach, going out to all the old bars everynight seeing old faces rekindling old flames if ya know what I mean. life was awesome.

recap: acne ruled my life i thought about it in my sleep, anywhere it did not matter i hated it. i found myself thinking of acne even during crucial times. during mission briefs in iraq it did not matter the importance of surrounding events it was only acne on my mind. 23.5 hours a day. it ruined my marriage and many good times which should have occurred but did not due to the seclusion that acne caused.

it started to subside down to one or two new ones a day so i went for the repair because the scars were the main reason for my insanity. well life changed after the repair.

like i stated i was loving it i finally had my life back, ii never thought of acne or scars ever, (reason for not coming back to the org sorry)

so life was grand and i could not have been happier. i landed my dream job making 134,000 dollars a year and was preparing to start november 1st. again life is grand.

met a few new nice girls that i have been casually hanging out with on a regular basis. again life is grand. finally my prayers are answered.

i can look at people not think of acne, and the best part is i eat what i want, i sleep where i want without washing my face, i put my face on pillows because it is fucking comfortable.

bottomline acne in the past.

for those reading this whole thing it does not end where you think it does acne is still in the past, no this story is far better than that.

ok so where were we oh yeah life was awesome...................

well apparently i was too happy for someone because i started to develop these white spots on my hands and forearms. no big deal but the more i divulged in long days on the boat or beach cold beer in hand girls in bikinis they spread. i thought huh weird, so being used to skin questions i seeked advice from this drunk doctor at a bar on the river. he said oh that is just like fungus use selsun blue on it. i thought huh cool. so i did and nothing.

well as weeks passed i remained jolly and life remained the same haze of happiness. the more people that noticed it would say oh my friend had that once or i knew someone who had that they put selsun blue and it worked. why not workin but at this point i dont care its NOT ON MY FACE SO I DONT CARE.

i go to the doctor anyways its free the VA ya know. they tell me you guessed selsun blue.....well now i'm getting a bit pissed because

1 i'm tired of explaining to people i dont know what it is but its getting better.

2 its not getting better its spreading

so i do my favorite thing in the world and what i thought had been an obsolete ritual i go to a dermatologist.

she takes a look and goes that looks like vitiligo......(wtf?)

results take a week so in the mean time i look at this disorder online...uncureable unstoppable micheal jackson pigment loss covering body spreading holy shit.....

or its tinea versicolor which looks exactly the same. one is common and cured with selsun blue

the other well 1% of america has it.

so i'm thinking theres no way.

well this morning dermabitch yep vitiligo this is how the convo went

derm: yea its vitiligo (smiling)

me: what

derm: well its this pig...

me: i know what it is

derm: theres really no cure or anything...

me: i know

derm: i would just get a job inside stay out of the sun cover up as much as possible, like micheal ha ha (laughing)

me: furious (imagining punching her through the wall getting hot turning red.

derm: any questions

me: no

so i come home and look online only to find a forum on vitiligo just like the fucking org i sit in my room close the door turn off my phone on a friday and wonder why am i damned to be stuck in this fucking head of mine secluded. i was finally free now i'm stuck forever again awaiting a cure.

thanks big man....oh yeah and i just found another white patch....ON MY FUCKING FACE.,......

i'm going to drown myself in cheap whiskey and live a careless and harmful life oh yea and i forgot to mention that great job....its all outside hahahahaha fuck me right..... mcdonalds at least is inside....god i want to punch the screen...

well i guess i'll go introduce myself to the other org for my new band of disordered brothers...don't worry i'll never forget the true org of disgruntled health hunters.....god speed

Please get a second opinion, from the very best doctor you can find.

Your derm was not only insensitive -- she doesn't seem to have been very knowledgeable, either. There ARE treatments for vitiligo, and I'm sure that you will learn much more about them at the other board.

Don't give up. It's a cruel twist of fate, that's for sure. But don't give up.

I'm really sorry you have to go through this :( I know how you feel.... it's like one door opens and the the next one closes... it's not supposed to be THAT way. It seems like there is always SOMETHING. I happen to know two people with vitiligo though and they seem to deal with it quit well :). My friend, has it and she has two white cricles around her eyes and she has them on her legs and some on her arms... I BARELY notice it, and when I do I think it relaly makes her who she is and gives her character. She is a confident person and she gets guys ALL the time... hahaha. I know it sucks because you just found out you have it, but I really think you are going to be okay :). Who knows maybe there is a way to treat it.

Good luck :).

hate to say this but it sounds like the vitiligo may be related to your recent care free sun exposure in florida. i see a lot of young kids with it, older adults, people with all skin types. the only common factor is they spend a lot of time in the noonday sun without protection. i have some sun spots that get a lot worse when im out in the sun. thank god i only have a few and i keep covered up.

i dont think the repair caused it but i dont think the sun helped at all.....thanks for the replies im trying to figure something out now....

are u dark skinned to being with?

I personally *ignore me please if u dont like it* like light skin more than dark skin...

I am a fairy toned person and I dont understand why people are crazy about tanning

maybe if u avoid sunlight for a while..ur skin tone will match up by themselves

I doubt the repair caused a disease like vitiligo.

However. WTF?! I'm so sorry to hear about this bizarre turn of event for you. Sometimes you really think, life can be so random and cruel and bizarre.

still, you care to post some pics of your fraxel / pre/post op? :P

I doubt the repair caused a disease like vitiligo.

However. WTF?! I'm so sorry to hear about this bizarre turn of event for you. Sometimes you really think, life can be so random and cruel and bizarre.

still, you care to post some pics of your fraxel / pre/post op? :P

dont have any...i never got close to a camera before the op....sorry wish i could be more helpful.....

hi

there's probably an underlying cause to losing skin pigmentation. What i have learned is that many skin problems are the result of toxins in the liver and kidney. If i were you i would go to see a natural practitioner to help you get nutrition into your body and detox your liver and kidney. In Florida..Dr. Ulan in clearwater is the pioneer of "nutritional response testing". He may be able to diagnose what is going on in your body. He's a chiropractor who also does this testing. He started doing it after he cured himself of heart and other ailments. I highly recommend this. i havent seen him. but i am going to a holistic practioner that trained under him in PA. I think it's the best thing i've ever done. She found that the reason i had acne was a lowered immune system due to high mercury levels in my body due to my dental fillings that were in my teeth. This caused my liver, kidney and thyroid and most importantly my heart to be distressed. I'm now getting help and it's been the best thing medically i have ever done. Good luck.

still fighting this sometimes i wish i still had acne at least there was hope it would go away...........each spot with acne lasted a few days this lasts maybe forever it sucks....plus the support org blows people are dumb.....

Thank you so much for the update - so many members want to know what happens to those who leave! I'm going to move this to the appropriete forum so you'll get more responses!

your new skin issue can be linked very closely to poor health...what is your diet like? Also I would def take vitamin D, cal/mag and zinc in chelated forms

get sleep, eat greens, lay off too much alcohol, alkalize your body

still fighting this sometimes i wish i still had acne at least there was hope it would go away...........each spot with acne lasted a few days this lasts maybe forever it sucks....plus the support org blows people are dumb.....

Sorry bro, that really sucks you're still dealing w/it. Our bodies are all different and for some it's downright unpredictable. I get a violent reaction to food immersed in flavor (salt, spices, cream, etc). A while back my immune system broke down and I got sick easily, had constant stomach pains, and felt like death for four years in the military. I finally found that a raw diet and some enzyme supplements have cured my many ailments, bringing me back to life little by little. Throughout it all I also dealt with crazy acne breakouts and now with scars.

Well, at least you got rid of your scars, right? BTW Are you still satisfied with the Repair treatment after all these months? Take care

I am so sorry this has happened to you. You seem like an amazing person though and just know we are all here for you. A message board or group may help you though and be able to give you some advice on it. Oh and btw your derm seems like a jackass.

Good luck

~Eyes~

Hey Mate- how sucky. One thing down and another blow.

If its any consolation, i wouldnt be put off by the condidtion!

Seems some of us are destined to face one hurdle after another eh...

chin up, see a good derm when you can. Im SURE theres some hope for ways to deal...

im dealing with scars...

(((hugs)))

get rid of that dermabitch. that alone will make you feel better. you do not have to be in seclusion, just hang with folks that dont do the sun thing. i am sure there are many.

im sorry to hear this! i hope everything works out for you. i'm having a rough time with acne scarring and saw your post because i really want to do the fraxel repair, but...the fact that some people are seeing results right away bt 6 months or so later it goes right back to how it was kinda scares me, my mom will literally shit a brick if she finds out that i spent $5,000 on something that doesnt have a permanent result. she already yelled at me earlier today just for bringing it up. :/ but anyways, im glad to hear it worked for you and wanted to know what you would recommend.

and i really wish you the best and hope they find a cure for vitiligo, i did a research project on it in class so i can only imagine what you are going through, be strong and have faith. :)

hello, im sorry about what you comment. my mom has really really bad acne scars, and recently vitiligo on her face. i recently had fraxel done, and the doctor suggested my mom to get fraxel both for the scars, age, and to even her face skin color to the one on her neck (her natural skin is a little tanned) ill let you know how it goes for her.

Look, I know it's not a cure, but maybe you might be interested:

http://www.microskin.com.au/

Hey, dude, I know at first glance, this looks like makeup, but it's technically not. Microskin is made up of actual skin cells that match your skin tone that you spray over your skin. It looks totally natural, stays on for 3-4 days, hair can grow through it, and it's waterproof. Pretty cool!

The downside is that it's only presently available in Austrailia and costs $700 for the whole kit for facial spraying ($3000 for full-body).

Look, I know it's not a cure, but maybe you might be interested:

http://www.microskin.com.au/

Hey, dude, I know at first glance, this looks like makeup, but it's technically not. Microskin is made up of actual skin cells that match your skin tone that you spray over your skin. It looks totally natural, stays on for 3-4 days, hair can grow through it, and it's waterproof. Pretty cool!

The downside is that it's only presently available in Austrailia and costs $700 for the whole kit for facial spraying ($3000 for full-body).

wow that looks prett cool, I dont see any prices anywhere? Like how expensive would it be to do it continously for a year?