Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
RQ77

Hi! Needle Success & Q

Hello . Hope everyone is healthy and happy. Was going to post in the intro yourself for my first post but its a ghost town down there :angel: . Decided I had sign up to thank you guys and tell you of my success.

Firstly wish to thank peoples advice on this site. I would struggle to get help otherwise.

Ok my success story. I have/had one indented scar, small hole type(boxcar,icepick!?) on bottom part of forehead close to eyebrows. It really bothered me so much that I decided to search the net for ways to get rid of it. After looking at all the methods out there I decided to go with the needle yourself technique and if it failed I would've considered taking to a doc about scar excision(stiches)-no lasers peels because my skin is way too sensitive and fine like a girls I was told by a doctor once, kinda embarrassing.

I needled this one scar last sat' -1 week ago, thanks to everyone in the needling forum.

One week later scar is so much shallower than before and level,filled in, results are so good.

Q.)I have one question to ask. From what I understand this type of scar is permanent and all we can hope to do is find ways to improve its appearance. I have done that. I read that you guys needle more than once. I'm so happy with my results but if I decided to go through the entire process a second time wont I risk making it worse. I read some posts where one person made some worse and some were better. What Im saying is that My scar is a lot more less noticeable. Is that the best I can hope for as indented scars can never be completely taken away. If so then im good as I do not wish to make it worse by needling again.

thanks for your help guys and take care. ;)

Congrats! Needling is really a good method. I used it on a gnarley scar on my forehead and it def made it much shallow and less knotted looking. I found the first needling gave the most improvement, but more treatments did not worsen it, and perhaps slightly improved it. I would wait a bit before trying it again, maybe a month? Good luck.

Thanks for the advice. Would love to visit Australia one day. Although it would probably rank oustside my 10 ten country's to visit when I can afford it. :angel: Only because of the spiders, creepy crawlies and home & away and neighbours but mostly the spiders. Take care

if you did it one week ago then it is most likely still swollen or micro-swelling. people on here say it takes a couple months to see what the true results are

Thanks for sharing your success story! Just wondering, where did you buy the needling "kit" (if that's what they are called)?

I used a sewing needle from my mums sewing box.

ninjazx To be honest I just went for it without knowing exactly what is the correct way. About the healing well I try my best to be healthy and I heal quite quick from cuts etc maybe that's why not sure. Its blended with my skin tone so I must heal quick, only minute pinkish in middle I was so scared of what Id done and didn't know to expect but thankfully scar was better and not worse than before.

Its not magic the scar is still visible. Although a lot better and smoother than before