Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've thought about it before. And I assume it's happened to people. The idea of going through life having never truly shared it with anyone, scares the shit out of me to say the least. But I can see why such a thing would happen.

The topic of love is always of interest in this forum. (Why suppose that is?) Perhaps there's a correlation between acne, depression, anxiety and unrealistic outlooks on love. (You can blame the media all you want.) I don't have much acne anymore; I'm not depressed; I'm less anxious; I have confidence, and I can't tell you how hard it is to find somebody. Still.

After all the rejections and clashing personalities and discoveries that they're already taken, you actually begin to think you're this unique, gifted, mysterious person. (It's called cognitive dissonance. Look it up.) And surely God has some kind of special plan for you. He's only giving you the sour so the sweet will be that much sweeter.

I've yet to experience the sweet (obviously). It's something I only want to experience once. But I wonder if I'll ever get to. I've learned to pull out before getting hurt. I know when I'm not getting what I want/need from my partner. I've become defensive, somewhat thick-skinned, but I'm still open-minded and honest. I'm just so used to things not working out that I question whether love and reality can coexist in certain cases.

i know things look like that now.... but i don't believe you'll be alone forever. if you have the desire to find someone, then i think it's gonna happen for you. maybe it'll take awhile, but just think about how sweet it'll be to finally have it after so long. don't give up :)

You can feel this way for so long, and then one day something happens and everything changes. Just live your life and enjoy it, dont think about meeting someone you will spend your life with. Its the thinking part that can cause you to feel down and feel as if you will be alone forever. Whilst living and having fun, you will meet someone whom you have a strong connection with. Dont believe it wont because it will if you believe in it.

I've learned to pull out before getting hurt. I know when I'm not getting what I want from my partner. I've become defensive, but I'm still open-minded and honest. I'm just so used to things not working out that I question whether love and reality can coexist in certain cases.

I relate to all of this, but especially this part. I have a wall up, so to speak, and I know that is a part of why I cannot connect with someone. But it's hard to make yourself that vulnerable when you usually feel completely misunderstood by most people. You do get this sense of being some sort of tragic, mysterious figure that no one will ever really "get" & so you'll always be alone...or you know, you just fee like a loser :doubt:

i know things look like that now.... but i don't believe you'll be alone forever. if you have the desire to find someone, then i think it's gonna happen for you. maybe it'll take awhile, but just think about how sweet it'll be to finally have it after so long. don't give up :)

Nothing in life is guaranteed except for death. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

Sorry, pessimistic as usual.

Nothing in life is guaranteed except for death. I'm not holding my breath on this one.

it's okay.... i'll just believe it for you until it happens and i get to say i told you so lol. don't give up ;)

You can feel this way for so long, and then one day something happens and everything changes. Just live your life and enjoy it, dont think about meeting someone you will spend your life with. Its the thinking part that can cause you to feel down and feel as if you will be alone forever. Whilst living and having fun, you will meet someone whom you have a strong connection with. Dont believe it wont because it will if you believe in it.

This is sound advice, but the thinking part is kind of hard to avoid after a while.

I've learned to pull out before getting hurt. I know when I'm not getting what I want from my partner. I've become defensive, but I'm still open-minded and honest. I'm just so used to things not working out that I question whether love and reality can coexist in certain cases.

I relate to all of this, but especially this part. I have a wall up, so to speak, and I know that is a part of why I cannot connect with someone. But it's hard to make yourself that vulnerable when you usually feel completely misunderstood by most people. You do get this sense of being some sort of tragic, mysterious figure that no one will ever really "get" & so you'll always be alone...or you know, you just fee like a loser :doubt:

Yep, totally know how you feel. Sucks.

it's okay.... i'll just believe it for you until it happens and i get to say i told you so lol. don't give up ;)

Don't you ever get tired of believing in other people?

honestly dude i feel the same way...acne has ruined my confidence around females, i've never had a partner my whole life and i'm fukn 19.

Please dont stress over this...I was a walking zit and red rash factory until I was in my 30s...never had a relationship that lasted more than 2 months....had my heart broken countless times...but Im here at 40 and life has completely turned around for me, before I had nothing, no money, no love, no prospects, no hope....and today I have all of that. Dont any of you ever give up!! I wanted to die for so long, cried so much about my affliction, there wasnt a day that went by for more than 15 years that I didnt suffer some kind of humiliation. BUT YOU CAN OVERCOME!! You MUST be PATIENT and DETERMINED. Seek out any and all remedies, try them all...and then keep going foward!! This disease will make you a stronger person, and defeating it is one of the great victories in life, you can do it!!

BFM

Don't you ever get tired of believing in other people?

Honestly, no. If I didn't believe the things I was saying, then yes I'd get sick of it.... but when someone's lost hope when it's so clear to me that they're not hopeless, then I gotta speak up... even if it makes no difference to you.

Eeek you just outlined one of my fears! And yes it’s definitely hard to lose the thoughts once they’re in your head. Even if you try to believe it will all work out one day there’s still the bad feelings of how long!

I guess all you can do is take it one day at a time and try to think about something totally unrelated but more positive anytime this worry threatens to bring you down. Take some of the pressure off yourself and hopefully soon the saying ‘someone comes along when you least expect it’ will come true for you.

Please dont stress over this...I was a walking zit and red rash factory until I was in my 30s...never had a relationship that lasted more than 2 months....had my heart broken countless times...but Im here at 40 and life has completely turned around for me, before I had nothing, no money, no love, no prospects, no hope....and today I have all of that.

Are you a man or woman (if you don't mind my asking)?

Anyway, I do find it comforting when people talk about finally finding love and making a happy life at an older age, simply because it shows that even if you're past the "normal" age for experiencing these things, it doesn't mean you are a lost cause & will die alone.

As a woman though, there is an added anxiety about age, because you feel that as you get older you become less & less attractive. Men don't have the same standard of looking young to be attractive...

It just seems like meeting people will get harder with age :doubt: