Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Shanon

Venturing into Powder foundation

I tried to just search the board, but i did not find any answers.

Currently I use L'Oreal True Match liquid foundation and pressed powder, in like the lightest shade possible. A few weeks ago was the very first time i tried powder of any kind, over my foundation, and i love it. I hate liquid though and I'm not going to use it at all. I just need to find a good powder.

I'm afraid to just use the True Match pressed powder alone because it has cornstarch in it, I'm afraid that will irritate my skin.

My skin reacts to everything. Its so ridiculously sensitive. I've been trying to stay away from things like Bismuth oxychloride (which is like in every single mineral make up) cus i know thats irritating to most people, cornstarch, etc.

I'm not sure about Mica (that seems to be in everything as well), is that a possible irritant too?

I'm considering Physicians Formula mineral loose Powder, since the pressed has squalane in it. Last time i used a moisturizer with that in it, it burned really bad. maybe it wasnt the squalane though, i dont know.

Any Physicians Formual mineral wearers?

What about Neutrogena Healthy Skin loose powder?

Just any powder users advice would be nice. Whats the safest, gentlest powder you know of and/or use?

For drugstore makeup, Physicians Formula seems to be the winner of the powder mineral makeups. People who find themselves sensitive to mica seem to take well to it.

People who are sensitive to mica are in the vast minority, it's not on the same level as bismuth oxychloride, which can be very irritating to people. If you're super sensitive & concerned, try testing a small patch area for a week & see how it goes. People who are sensitive to mica usually get a reaction pretty quickly.

I use Everyday Minerals, which has no bismuth oxychloride. It's pretty popular around here as far as mineral makeup goes. You can get samples for the cost of shipping only. I highly recommend it.

There are a lot of mineral makeup companied online that offer makeup without bismuth oxychloride though.

I heard the true match powder is very chalky, and oxidizes. A friend at work swears by the Maybelline Dream Matte powder - her skin looks absolutely amazing. I have not personally tried it, but her testimony is that it has excellent coverage and does not break her out.

I like Prestige wet/dry foundation. It's a pressed power that you can apply wet to achieve a more sheer, natural look. I love it - it never oxidizes (turns orange). The Ulta near me sells it.

I'm a physicians formula mineral user. i dont wear make up everyday, and used to dislike wearing any powder or foundation as they all felt horrible on my skin.

The loose powder i like though, feels light, looks good, and I find it wears well though the day.

hope you find one your skin aggrees with!