Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
nate28

I Wonder......

I was thinking about different treatments for scars and pore size and got to thinking. For the most part laser tratemts are best for scars but, as a side result many peoples pores reduce in size due to the tightening and growth/rejuvenation of new skin. So I was thinking if one has fraxel or C02 done and then waits 3 months to be fully healed would taking a micro dose of accutane (0.5-1.00 gram) shrink the pores even more or keep them as they are after treatment? I would think it would be great, you would just have to wait until you are fully healed as to not interfere with the healing process.

Any Thoughts?

I'm curious as well, and more importantly, whether any treatment actually shrinks the pores permanently, or just make them appear smaller for a while. I'm thinking about either performing needling or TCA cross myself, since these two procedures to me might help fill out a pore?

I'm curious as well, and more importantly, whether any treatment actually shrinks the pores permanently, or just make them appear smaller for a while. I'm thinking about either performing needling or TCA cross myself, since these two procedures to me might help fill out a pore?

Well I do not think any treatement will shrink them permanently but, what a treatment like CO2 or fraxel does is rejuvenate the skin and take the pores back to where it was years ago depending on the strength. So my conclusion is that if it reduces pore size to where they were before age and access oil stretched them a very low dose of accutane will shrink oil glands and inturn shrink pores or keep them where they are by controlling oil production.