Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anon2

Anti candida vs. Anti dairy

This may sound stupid but I am kinda new to the whole nutrition thing healing acne. I kinda want in on this, like maybe my diet has been the cause of my acne. I am on Dans Reg right now but wanted to know what exactly these two diets consist of, how to apply them to everyday meals, and if anyone has had any sucsess with either two of these diets. Please let me know....sorry to sound so misinformed

sorry im just responding but i have tried the anti-candida diet for 3 weeks now and i can admit that the number of cysts on my face significantly dropped. i havent treid the anti-diary one tho but i dont think that has an effect on my since i have milk and cheese here and then in my diet

Most anti-candida diets don't allow any dairy anyway because of the sugar. They might allow some live-cultured yogurt for the probiotics. But you'd be better off taking a capsule and skipping all dairy.

But an anti-candida diet is pretty extreme.

I wanted to know what exactly these two diets consist of, how to apply them to everyday meals,

Dairy-free diets are simply dairy-free. No milk, cheese, yogurt, cream, whey/casein protein, or any food products made from dairy. Some dairy-free diets still allow butter, but if you are testing to see how you respond to a dairy-free diet for the first time, you should cut out butter as well.

The anti-candida diet is different depending on your source. The one I'm most familiar with is the low-carb anti-candida diet, where all starches (grains, bread, potatoes) are cut from the diet, as well as all sugars (fruit, beverages), all dairy, all processed meat, and most processed food in general. Mostly it is just meat, vegetables, and healthy vegetable oils (coconut/olive oils). There are other anti-candida diets that are high in starch but low in sugar; high in sugar but free of starch; juice fasts; etc. The low-carb one that I just described is in my opinion the safest, as it provides all essential nutrients. No matter which one you choose, it will likely be extreme.