Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovepinkkx17

TOOTH-BRUSH METHOD TO SMOOTHER/CLEARER SKIN

Just did it with a manual brush to try it out, decent enough.

I guess breaking out after doing this is normal? Like the odd new spot, until your skin gets used to it.

I will try this twice a week i think.

An electric toothbrush may be more effective since it's the spinning that exfoliates, similar to the clarisonic technology.

Yeah just got my crest brush, amazingly smooth.

Is it wise to do this everyday though? Didn't think you got dead skin that quick or?

I am thinking, maybe every other morning or?

My two cents.....

I started doing this (using an electric) once every two days, about two weeks ago. Thanks to DKR i had no active acne, but still lots of big red marks and patchy skin tone. This really does seem to be doing my skin some good. The pores on my nose do seem less clogged and obvious, and overall my skin tone is much more even, those marks seem to be fading! Must be something in that increased circulation maybe?! I think that my skin much prefers me using this method instead of using another product to exfoiliate or peel.

Thanks for the tip lovepink!

x

I'm still doing this every few days, my dead skin build up seems to be quite quick!

Helps with smoothness, i have a big cyst on my cheek though never had one like it before, really knocking my confidence BIG time like no other.

Now I can't decide on what to use baby brush method or toothbrush method? >_<

I'm sure the baby brush method is great also, but i can tell you one thing for sure- no baby brush will ever vibrate on your skin nor will it ever be small enough to fit into small crevices. But i encourage you to try both and see which on works best for you:)

I'm still doing this every few days, my dead skin build up seems to be quite quick!

Helps with smoothness, i have a big cyst on my cheek though never had one like it before, really knocking my confidence BIG time like no other.

yea the tooth-brush method works best for directly sloughing off dead skin cells and ofcourse leading to better healthier skin, but i'm sorry to hear about your embarassing cyst:(. try icing it down a bit and if you have any clay mask .. try dabbing it on there as a spot treatment and it really should decrease in size quite a bit. hope that helps!

btw, if thats you in the picture, your skin looks INCREDIBLE!

Yeah and i have a big party in London next week! If not, cover up will do the trick i guess. Need to do a hardcore exfoliation tonight, put on BP and moisturiser today before work, but dead skin was still really visible so i barely talked because opening my mouth would stretch the skin therefore flakiness!

The camera is really flattering for me as the flash takes away my marks. (I'm the boy btw lol) however sometimes if the camera is too close = no no lol

My mum said my skin looks good today for the first time in a while, this sudocreme addition is helping nicely aswell.

Yeah and i have a big party in London next week! If not, cover up will do the trick i guess. Need to do a hardcore exfoliation tonight, put on BP and moisturiser today before work, but dead skin was still really visible so i barely talked because opening my mouth would stretch the skin therefore flakiness!

The camera is really flattering for me as the flash takes away my marks. (I'm the boy btw lol) however sometimes if the camera is too close = no no lol

My mum said my skin looks good today for the first time in a while, this sudocreme addition is helping nicely aswell.

wow, i wish i lived in London! i think i'll go there someday... :)

but yeah BP will work, (i'm allergic to it, but i know lots of others who have had success with it... especially with Dan's Regimen.) and any other spot treatment you have.. as long as you are treating it every nigh and/or day, it should be hardly noticeable by the time your party comes.

about the dead skin/flakiness problem, make sure you exfoliate every morning as well and then immediately following, apply a good moisturizer. i think the BP you applied is the culprit of your flakiness! lol. but as long as its working, i wouldnt stop, just make sure you're not over-using it. i did that once.... it wasnt pretty hehe.

whether or not the flash wipes out all the flaws... you still look great:)

i'm glad things are working out for you.. for the most part! i hope your skin continues to improve and i hope you have fun at your party as well! i'm sure your skin isnt as bad as you see it.. you're pretty a pretty attractive person:) so even if you do have a few little blemishes i'm sure wont be noticeable that much at all. people will be looking at your face as a whole and not concentrating on silly blemishes.

hope all goes well for you:) let me know if you need more skin advice... i'd be happy to help!

OK I have noticed that my skin is looking old, leathery and generally gross. I cleanse, tone and moisturise every day (x2) and I exfoliate every other day. Normally I have great skin but I don't know whether it is age or hormones or lack of excersise or what...!

This morning I was looking in the mirror getting sad at the fact that at 34 I have horrible skin (combination of acne scarring, excema and mild rosacea).

I went online and found this video of a girl exfoliating her face with her electric toothbrush (

or enter search term: Michelle Phan Toothbrush Skincare Treatment in youtube), it was a epiphany for me as I was seriously considering the Sonic face brush or Microdermabrasion for the scarring, deep greasy pores and leathery look I am cultivating these days.

So.... I went into the bathroom, got out my cleanser, slapped it on, got the sensitive toothbrush attachment from the stash we have, washed it, and turned it on. Now my electric toothbrush (Braun 8500) has 2 speed settings, so what i did was to put it on the slower setting and started to exfoliate.

I did sections at a time, cheek, other cheek, nose, chin and forehead. Then I repeated, rinsed the brush, rinsed my face and using my muslin face cloth I wiped the product off then rinsed my face with cold water.

WOW. Oh boy. This is going to work. BUT. Only if I do it a few times a week. My skin is soft, the pores are clean (and smaller), the skin is glowing (even with all the scarring) and it feels new.

Only try this if you have somewhat clear skin, do not use this method on skin that has broken out and avoid it on eye area.

Good Luck

Oh and if you travel you can buy a cheap electric toothbrush (round one not sonicare type) the one with batteries in the Uk it costs £10, but in the US you should be able to get it for $15 - 20 or cheaper!

k i tried this last night for the first time, my skin gets really flakey because im on retin-a which makes my skin shed faster..

i just used a softer bristle toothbrush (not electric) and brushed my skin with dove soap and water (because i dont use a cleanser) and today my skin was not flakey at all :)

im going to keep trying it and hopefully it reduces any breakouts too.

Thanks for posting this! I bought one today and tried it, and I really liked it! It felt way softer after trying the first time, but do you use it wheb u put your moisterizer on? Or is it only for your face wash

i personally think twice a day is to much! just stick to once a day! i did it twice a day for about a week and my skin was really red and irritated but my acne was gone!!! soo!!! i have a quick guestion though! so can you use the toothbrush method with the acne.org cleanser???