Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lovepinkkx17

TOOTH-BRUSH METHOD TO SMOOTHER/CLEARER SKIN

hey lovepinkkx17 you should make a video you brushing your face because im kinda of confused and i would like to try it but im not sure how to do it so can you please post a video

Hi,

Unfortunately i dont have any kind of video-taping device but if anyone else does and feels comfterable with the method, feel free to post!

Meanwhile, i can explain step-by-step the method.

1. Apply your daily cleanser to face.

2. Take tooth-brush, wet it, and gently massage it around your face in circular motions for about a minute while the cleanser is still on your face.

3. Rinse thoroughly off.

4. Tah-dahhhh you're done:)

Hope that helped.

ok i just attempted this method and it seems solid for removing flakes and scabs about to come off but 10 minutes after my face felt dry and hard to move(for such things as talking and the worst would be when someone makes u laugh). maybe if i used the toothbrush for before or after cleansing instead of applying cleanser like brushing your teeth lol

This is interesting that this happened to you.

Perhaps your bristles were to harsh? Either that or its gotta have something to do with your cleanser.. that its too drying or something. Try either buying a softer tooth-brush or more of a gentle cleanser. (or both) Hope that helps!

FOR EVERYONE WHO IS CONFUSED:

here is a youtube video on xanga.com that uses the same exact, exact method and this is how i encourage you all to do it!! It isnt necessary to use the products she suggests and the steps and what not.. the important part of this video is the tooth-brush scene! lol.

http://www.xanga.com/RiceBunny/603656971/e...clean-skin.html

here is a youtube video on xanga.com that uses the same exact, exact method and this is how i encourage you all to do it!! It isnt necessary to use the products she suggests and the steps and what not.. the important part of this video is the tooth-brush scene! lol.

I've been using this method on and off since RiceBunny posted the suggestion on her Xanga in '07. I have sonicare toothbrush and I use neutrogena daily scrub. I think the toothbrush bristles are too abrasive on my skin. I just ordered the clarisonic skn care brush for $165 off beautychoice.com though. With the pursebuzz promo code you get $30 off the orig. price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwLf35QtRJE

Good Luck!

okay, so i had a lot of dead, gross flakey skin and a good amount of pimples/blackheads/clogged pored pretty much all over my inner cheeks, nose and.. basically all over the t-zone area. my skin was blotchy, irritated, and there were just so many flakes of dead skin just all over... even my favorite daily scrubs weren't doing the job like i thought they were. my skin was really looking under the weather. i also really felt the need for a facial.. to pop all those little suckers. at the time, i was away from home so i couldnt easily get to a beauty salon and get a professional facial *sigh*. i knew i needed to do something because my skin just felt disgusting and looked that way as well. i couldnt stand it.. so i scratched my chin.. took a look around my bathroom sink and then all of a sudden a light bulb went on in my head. the electric electric tooth-brush! i know you're all proabably thinking... what the hell is this girl thinking, but i tell you, it works miracles. ever heard of the clarisonic face brush? ok let me give you a little summary of the product: basically, it was inspired by the electric tooth brush, it's designed to exfoliate, and has fancy brush heads and cleansers that come with. sounds cool, no? 200$ for the whole thing. you can get some deals around the internet but thats the general price. i was like hah... you gotta be kidding me! and thats why i thought of the electric tooth-brush. first off, great vibrating spinney (if thats even a word) kind of motion, great for circulating the skin and sloughing off all the dead skin cells and dirt thats clogging your pores. and the bristles on the brush are just great! sometimes i even use it without the motor. i actually think tooth-brushing your face is even better than the famous "clarisonic face brush" for the very reason that its small and can get into small spaces so this way, you're sure to exfoliate every pore on your face. i actually visited my derm a few weeks ago, and she said, wow! your skin looks great! what have you been doing? so i tiold her cetaphil mixed with jojoba PLUS the electric tooth-brush method. i said to her "now.. you might think this sounds a little crazy, but i've been tooth-brushing my face" and she replied, "that's actually a great idea, that will help exfoliate, unclogg, etc." so if my derm approves of it then it must be worth a try! so now, the condition of my skin is absolutely fenominal! (i'm also using differin and exuviance vespera bionic serum as well) but the tooth-brushing method is really what's making the difference. i even got rid of most of the tough blackheads on my nose! i have no more blemishes on my cheeks... also thanks to the products listed above. but again, my face cant survive now without this face cleaning method. i'd love to see some of you give it a try and let me know how it works out. a little warning though: you dont want to scrub too hard, just massage it around in little circles all over the face with your cleanser already applied. so not too abrasive! and immediatley you are done brushing, your face might be a little red but i'm pretty sure that it's from the increased circulation of blood from the vibration of the toothbrush and possibly the abrasiveness of the bristles but that will obviously go away within about 5 minutes. ok well, just wanted to share with all of you ladies and gentlemen my beauty secret:) hope it works for you!

P.S- think about it, if a toothbrush is designed to get all that food junk and crap all off your teeth, and prevent cavities (with the help of toothpaste of course) ... think what it can do for your skin!.. (with the help of your daily cleanser)

before tooth-brush method and exuviance vespera bionic serum: blotchy, uneven, blackheads, pimples, dead/flakey skin, dry skin, clogged pores.

after tooth-brush method and exuviance vespera bionic serum (along with cetaphil cleanser for gentle skin mixed with a teaspoon of jojoba oil): smooth, soft, 99.7% clear skin, brighter, more evenly toned, hardly any redness, 95% of blackrheads gone, pores are 10x smaller.

my regimen:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser mixed with teaspoon of jojoba oil

Tooth-brush method

Differin every other day

Exuviance verpera bionic serum (AMAZING STUFF!)

^^i usually put that on top of differin. however, those with moderate-severe acne should not layer that if you even chose to use differin.

so all that for me= clear, healthy skin=)

i really hope this method works for you, let me know how it goes! if you have any questions feel free to ask!=)

Where can I buy that serum? Id like to look into it

okay, so i had a lot of dead, gross flakey skin and a good amount of pimples/blackheads/clogged pored pretty much all over my inner cheeks, nose and.. basically all over the t-zone area. my skin was blotchy, irritated, and there were just so many flakes of dead skin just all over... even my favorite daily scrubs weren't doing the job like i thought they were. my skin was really looking under the weather. i also really felt the need for a facial.. to pop all those little suckers. at the time, i was away from home so i couldnt easily get to a beauty salon and get a professional facial *sigh*. i knew i needed to do something because my skin just felt disgusting and looked that way as well. i couldnt stand it.. so i scratched my chin.. took a look around my bathroom sink and then all of a sudden a light bulb went on in my head. the electric electric tooth-brush! i know you're all proabably thinking... what the hell is this girl thinking, but i tell you, it works miracles. ever heard of the clarisonic face brush? ok let me give you a little summary of the product: basically, it was inspired by the electric tooth brush, it's designed to exfoliate, and has fancy brush heads and cleansers that come with. sounds cool, no? 200$ for the whole thing. you can get some deals around the internet but thats the general price. i was like hah... you gotta be kidding me! and thats why i thought of the electric tooth-brush. first off, great vibrating spinney (if thats even a word) kind of motion, great for circulating the skin and sloughing off all the dead skin cells and dirt thats clogging your pores. and the bristles on the brush are just great! sometimes i even use it without the motor. i actually think tooth-brushing your face is even better than the famous "clarisonic face brush" for the very reason that its small and can get into small spaces so this way, you're sure to exfoliate every pore on your face. i actually visited my derm a few weeks ago, and she said, wow! your skin looks great! what have you been doing? so i tiold her cetaphil mixed with jojoba PLUS the electric tooth-brush method. i said to her "now.. you might think this sounds a little crazy, but i've been tooth-brushing my face" and she replied, "that's actually a great idea, that will help exfoliate, unclogg, etc." so if my derm approves of it then it must be worth a try! so now, the condition of my skin is absolutely fenominal! (i'm also using differin and exuviance vespera bionic serum as well) but the tooth-brushing method is really what's making the difference. i even got rid of most of the tough blackheads on my nose! i have no more blemishes on my cheeks... also thanks to the products listed above. but again, my face cant survive now without this face cleaning method. i'd love to see some of you give it a try and let me know how it works out. a little warning though: you dont want to scrub too hard, just massage it around in little circles all over the face with your cleanser already applied. so not too abrasive! and immediatley you are done brushing, your face might be a little red but i'm pretty sure that it's from the increased circulation of blood from the vibration of the toothbrush and possibly the abrasiveness of the bristles but that will obviously go away within about 5 minutes. ok well, just wanted to share with all of you ladies and gentlemen my beauty secret:) hope it works for you!

P.S- think about it, if a toothbrush is designed to get all that food junk and crap all off your teeth, and prevent cavities (with the help of toothpaste of course) ... think what it can do for your skin!.. (with the help of your daily cleanser)

before tooth-brush method and exuviance vespera bionic serum: blotchy, uneven, blackheads, pimples, dead/flakey skin, dry skin, clogged pores.

after tooth-brush method and exuviance vespera bionic serum (along with cetaphil cleanser for gentle skin mixed with a teaspoon of jojoba oil): smooth, soft, 99.7% clear skin, brighter, more evenly toned, hardly any redness, 95% of blackrheads gone, pores are 10x smaller.

my regimen:

Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser mixed with teaspoon of jojoba oil

Tooth-brush method

Differin every other day

Exuviance verpera bionic serum (AMAZING STUFF!)

^^i usually put that on top of differin. however, those with moderate-severe acne should not layer that if you even chose to use differin.

so all that for me= clear, healthy skin=)

i really hope this method works for you, let me know how it goes! if you have any questions feel free to ask!=)

Where can I buy that serum? Id like to look into it

You can pretty much get it at any Sephora or big department store that sells top brands. It got amazing reviews on ww.makeupalley.com! it got 4.8/5 stars for 22 reviewers. <--- deffinently says a lot! but i must warn you... it is very expensive, however, very much worth the money.

good luck:)

I've been using this method on and off since RiceBunny posted the suggestion on her Xanga in '07. I have sonicare toothbrush and I use neutrogena daily scrub. I think the toothbrush bristles are too abrasive on my skin. I just ordered the clarisonic skn care brush for $165 off beautychoice.com though. With the pursebuzz promo code you get $30 off the orig. price.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwLf35QtRJE

Good Luck!

Sounds great! I actually like the abrasivness of the bristles, i feel like it really does a good job of sloughing off all the dead skin and junk and what not. but i guess they can be too abrasive for some people. anyway, congrats on your new clarisonic!:) let me know how it works for you!

Hey, lovepink. I want to know if i can use this method without a cleanser. I use water for my face at the moment, because cleansers dry my skin out. Is their a way i can do this with just water??

I've been using a normal toothbrush with baking soda. It seems to work okay in some parts of my face, but I've only done it a few times so far. I'm worried about doing it too much, maybe every two or three days?

Well, I bought a new toothbrush for my face and tried it out today. Skin feels goooood! :) My pores didn't get any smaller though... yet(?). What exactly makes the pores smaller?

Well, the one reason the tooth-brush method shrunk my pores (and other people as well) is because i had a lot of junk in them to begin with, and my skin wasnt looking that great. (because of clogged pores and dead skin.) so i mean, depending on whether you started out with good or bad skin, the tooth-brush method will make the biggest improvements on the people with not-so-good skin. not to say they wouldnt help the people with normal skin, but if you have initially good skin then obviously there wouldnt be much to improve. however, it would improve the clarity of the skin i'm sure. but the more you use the tooth-brush method, the more improvement you'll see. doing it once will make your skin feel nice and smooth, but it will take more than just once to actually improve the skin internally and then externally. and to answer your question directly, the clearing out (with the help of the tooth-brush) of junk and dead skin cells will help make the pores appear smaller. hope that helps! good luck:)

Well, I bought a new toothbrush for my face and tried it out today. Skin feels goooood! :) My pores didn't get any smaller though... yet(?). What exactly makes the pores smaller?

Well, the one reason the tooth-brush method shrunk my pores (and other people as well) is because i had a lot of junk in them to begin with, and my skin wasnt looking that great. (because of clogged pores and dead skin.) so i mean, depending on whether you started out with good or bad skin, the tooth-brush method will make the biggest improvements on the people with not-so-good skin. not to say they wouldnt help the people with normal skin, but if you have initially good skin then obviously there wouldnt be much to improve. however, it would improve the clarity of the skin i'm sure. but the more you use the tooth-brush method, the more improvement you'll see. doing it once will make your skin feel nice and smooth, but it will take more than just once to actually improve the skin internally and then externally. and to answer your question directly, the clearing out (with the help of the tooth-brush) of junk and dead skin cells will help make the pores appear smaller. hope that helps! good luck:)

Hey, lovepink. I want to know if i can use this method without a cleanser. I use water for my face at the moment, because cleansers dry my skin out. Is their a way i can do this with just water??

Hi:)

I actually have the same problem. EVERY cleanser dries my skin out, even the gentle cetaphil cleanser. ridiculous right? well you see, i wear makeup, so washing my face with just water isnt an option. now with the help of jojoba oil added to my cleansers, my skin is no longer lacking moisture from those drying cleansers. i always add a teaspoon of jojoba oil to my cetaphil cleanser everyday. so maybe you might want to look into that? but if you find that the water is really working out for you, then by all means stick with it. but yes, it is possible for this to work with just water. you might not be getting all the dirt out of your pores with just water but using the tooth-brush will certainly help! i garuntee you, the tooth-brush will not dry your skin out!! lol. but just make sure that after you brush your face (hehe that sounds funny) i encourage you to just lightly rinse your face immediately following because the tooth-brush may really slough a lot of dirt and what not off your skin and you dont want it to just be sitting there on top of your skin.. beacuse that would pretty much defeat the purpose wouldnt it? lol. hope that helps! good luck:)

lol wow, finally who has the same problem with cleansers as me! :D

Yeah the water is really working out for me and i dont want to jinx it lol. but today i will try it with just warm water, and a light rinse afterwards to rinse off the dirt and stuff off my skin.

I think you might be on to something with this method, I really appreciate you taking time to help us out with it. : )

I've been using a normal toothbrush with baking soda. It seems to work okay in some parts of my face, but I've only done it a few times so far. I'm worried about doing it too much, maybe every two or three days?

You shouldnt have to worry about doing it too much because i use it 2 or 3 times a day and my skin looks&feels fabulous! i find a lot of people are worried about it irritating their skin or drying it out, but the truth is, it's really not possible to do those such things for the very reason that the tooth-brush contains no chemicals or weird ingredients unless theres left over tooth-paste or unless you didnt clean your tooth-brush out carefully the last time you used it whether it was for your face or your teeth. as long as you have a designated tooth brush for your face and clean it out after every use, you should be just fine. also, just make sure your not obsessivley scrubbing your skin to the point where your actually creating problems. (very rare, but it can still happen if you decide to take your anger out on brushing your face! lol) Your skin will improve the more you use this method. the first time you well see some improvement, but like i said in a previous post, over time your skin will begin to improve not only on the outside but internally as well. this is when you well see the biggest and most imrpovements in the quality and health of your skin. using this method one time will not make a significant difference, using it many times over a long period of time well really turn things around. hope that helps! good luck:)

Does it need to be an electric tooth-brush or can it be a regular one?

Well i find that the vibrating motion really helps the health & quality of my skin and helps increase the circulation of blood which is very important when trying to improve your skin. i also feel that my pores would not have been as small and cleared as they are without the vibrating motion. now, i dont know for a fact that the vibrating motion is what reallty helped clear things up but when i brush my face, i can feel the vibrating motion just open up things and clear other things out. so i beleive that it really did contribute to my good skin. it's really up to you whether you use an electric one or a regular one (because both will exfoliate) but i find that the vibrating motion of the electric one will do a better job. and remember, everyone's skin is different so it is possible that you might like a regular one better, but what i would reccomend is that you buy both and see which one you like best. hope that helps! good luck:)

I tried this out with a regular tooth-brush and it's working great.

My skin is already clearing up!

Thank you so much lovepinkkx17

Same for me!. I started doing this 2 nights ago and my skin already feels alot better. Its not completely healed but its about 80 percent.

And is it more effective than a baby brush? O.o

well this is a hard question for me to answer seeing as i've never tried the baby brush method before. um, i heard it's pretty successful for the most part.. i've always just thought it was too soft to make that much of a difference, but i mean who knows i could be wrong and it could be just as good as this method but a baby brush i assure you will never vibrate and i find that that part is what helps the most, atleast for me. and probably others as well. also, a toothbrush is a lot smaller compared to the babybrush and therefor can get into smaller spaces all over, even the little crevices around your nose. (hope thats the right word!! lol) but the smaller head (of a toothbrush) will allow you to be more presice, allowing you to exfoliate every pore on your face. hope that helps!!

great! i'm so glad this is working out for a lot of people!

hope you continue to see improvements... =)

Hey, is it ok if i do this on dans regimen also? I'm basically just red marks left now with the odd spot.

I take it this will help speed up the healing process for these damn marks to dissappear, i hope before next year uni!

Hey, is it ok if i do this on dans regimen also? I'm basically just red marks left now with the odd spot.

I take it this will help speed up the healing process for these damn marks to dissappear, i hope before next year uni!

Yes, you should be fine using it with dan's regimen. i dont really think it matters what cleanser or regimen you use it with because it can only help! it's not even like your applying anything so it cant interfere much with any regimen out there unless your like allergic to tooth-brushes! LOL.

But yes, i mean although the electric tooth-brush or regular tooth-brush for that matter doesnt have any special healing powers, the sloughing of the dead skin cells and the clearing of the pores will help your skin clear away the old/dead, dull skin cells, (more specifically the red marks that you specified) revealing new skin that will regenerate new, healthier skin cells and hopefully gradually diminishing the red marks with that process. so yes, this will most likely help speed up the healing process. sorry if the above didnt make sense... i'm kind of half asleep here hehe but i just wanted to make sure i answered everyone's questions for tonight. anyways, i hope that helped! good luck to you... let me know how it goes:)

One more quick question - can you recommend a good, cheap electric brush to use? I'm from the UK btw!

Thanks.

I think all electric tooth brushes are pretty much the same. I mean you just want it to have a spinning/vibrating motion and good bristles. By good bristles i mean not too soft, but not rock hard. good exfoliating bristles. if you buy one and find out that the bristles are too hard then try running it under hot water and that should soften them up a bit. i use crest spinbrush pro-whitening. i assume that they have that brand in the UK. but i'm pretty sure all electric tooh-brushes have the same basic qualities for the most part so it's not that crucial that you buy that specific one but i mean which ever one is most pleasing to you:) have fun! lol. & goodluck:)

Just did it with a manual brush to try it out, decent enough.

I guess breaking out after doing this is normal? Like the odd new spot, until your skin gets used to it.

I will try this twice a week i think.

I think the toothbrush method may spread bacteria so make sure you clean it properly. I know this is obvious but also do not cross contaminate your oral toothbrush with the one you use for your skin. =)

I think the toothbrush method may spread bacteria so make sure you clean it properly. I know this is obvious but also do not cross contaminate your oral toothbrush with the one you use for your skin. =)

yeah your right about that, to ensure that i dont spread the bacteria i usually boil some water and set the toothbrush in it for around 10 seconds. This not only kills the bacteria but softens up the bristles to the point where the brush will exfoliate your skin but not irritate it. Im so glad somebody thought about this method of exfoliation, its a big help.