Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hennie11

Ladies & Facial Hair

How do the girls out there take care of unwanted facial hair while on accutane? I usually wax, but obviously that's no longer an option. I'm ok with tweezing my eyebrows, but what about hair on the upper lip?

I tried a depilatory cream last night that did not work at all and just irritated my skin more. I'd appreciate any suggestions!!

I know this is going to sound horrifying but...

I shave, but I don’t use shaving cream or go against the hair. I use warm water and go with the hair in very light feathery movements. It has worked out very well for me. I am very pale with dark body hair so if I don’t take care of it is very obvious!

I know there is an urban legend out there that shaving makes the hair grow back thicker, not true. But what it does do is creates a blunt end on the hair that makes it feel "thicker" (as apposed to waxing or using depilatories) Since this is not a permanent thing I am okay with doing this just during treatment. And for the occasional larger hairs I pluck with tweezers...carefully.

Good luck! :)

It is not very pleasant but I tweeze my upper lip. Once you have done it for a while you get use to it. Just sit in front of a window (so you get natural light) with a magnifying mirror and your tweezers. I can hardly wait to get waxed again!

Im going to get threading done hopefully in the next week or so, I've heard good things.

I use one of those motorized hair trimmers for the upper lip. Works pretty well since my hair is so fine there (but dark). As for the thick strays on my chin, those suckers get yanked with tweezers.

Thanks for all the suggestions! I will try them all and see what works for me.

Wednesday - Don't feel bad, I have definitely resorted to shaving in the past but with all of the active spots around my mouth from the accutane that just won't work right now!