Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sahara

Best way to achieve volume?

Go on people - enlighten me. In your opinion, what works best for volume? My hair is always so flat - I hate it.

Apply mousse in damp hair at the roots, blow dry, then gently back comb at the crown. Then use a light hair spray on it.

You can also set hair on big hot curlers (much better than a curling iron for volume). Getting layers in the back of your hair helps.

is your hair straight or curly?

Moreso straight, but not perfectly straight.

I currently use Tresemme healthy volume shampoo which does help, but my hair is still horribly flat.

the only one i truly recommend to my clients is the amplify line by matrix. a lot of volume shampoos just strip your hair to make sure there is no build up to weigh it down. amplify actually opens the cuticle of the hair and deposits proteins to plump the hair shaft. you do have to use the conditioner that goes with it as well because it is designed to seal the cuticle back down. they have a product called thicklift volumizer which i love and their mousse is also wonderful. hth!

ok this is what i do-it really works :)

1) use a volumising moose-i use herbal essences body envy (orange bottle)

2) blow dry with ur head upside down

3) if u use a sraightener- when u straighten it pull hair up with straightner instead of straightning it down

4) backcomb hair-take hair pull it up and take a comb and comb down the hair.

5) "pouf" your hair (lol)- push it up, like pouf it, then spray with hairspray.

horray! volume! :)

Guest kiwikali♥☼

Use a volumizing mousse, blow dry with a round brush, use hairspray at the roots, tease the hell out of it... hmm what else. Oh when you are done just flip over and shake it out. Lots of hairspray is the key. ^_^

Use a volumizing mousse, blow dry with a round brush, use hairspray at the roots, tease the hell out of it... hmm what else. Oh when you are done just flip over and shake it out. Lots of hairspray is the key. ^_^

your posts are so helpful girl