Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunrise25

Cortisone shots while on tane??

Hi all,

Sorry for the many posts today, my mind has been wandering it seems.

Can I get a cortisone shot for a pimple while on accutane? I have this pretty red still a little under the skin pimple coming up smack in the middle of my cheek and its not really helping the fact that I have a huge presentation to do for a corporate client at work tomorrow.

Anyone tried it while on tane or has any ideas?

Thanks a lot!

I have gotten them while on my course and I was fine. I have found though that some people say they get really bad scars from the shots while on tane. It has been the opposite for me, when I was not on accutane I would get an injection and sometimes they would leave pretty nasty scars. While on tane and getting a shot I have not had any scaring. I notice that the shots work alot faster while on tane as well.

Thanks for the info Devendralover! I'll prob pay a visit to my derms office this afternoon if I can escape from work for a little

Hope you're doing well. I'll check in on you soon

yes i got one and it was fine. i recommend it for a stubborn pimple or a painful cyst that won't go away!! i loveee injections ;)

how are you sunrise?! come by my page & update me!

hehe, thanks again for the info Sophiena!

I just updated my blog yesterday so u can check it out. Im ok -- going through mini breakout today -- but not doing too bad. Being back at work is actually better than vacation since its keeping me quite busy and making me spend less time worrying about the state of my face. It is a little weird seeing coworkers and friends with acne since I've been very clear for my whole first year at work basically. Oh well, thats life..