Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey... I completely understand what you're dealing w/! Acne and relationships just don't mix... well, atleast for me. Also, my bf knows basically everything about me too... but I never really mention acne, ever. It makes me really uncomftorable and embaressed, and normally I won't even see him unless I'm having a "good skin day". I can't tell you how many times I was supposed to meet him somewhere only to suddenly not be in the "mood" to see him... it's really sad, I can't even count how many times I've done this, and he always takes offense to it, but I can't really explain the reason you know? it's just embaressing... like hey, sorry I don't want you seeing me because my skin looks like total shit today and everyday :(. I can't say that, and I don't think he would begin to understand how down it gets me. Plus, it's just ike damnit! I want to just be able to throw on something, put on some mascara, eyeliner, and lipgloss and go see him! AT ANY RANDON TIME I PLEASE. But, thats not how it works for me sadly =/. Not at all.. Sigh. If he likes you for you though, Idk... I don't think he'd care much if you had a pimple or a few clogged pores to be honest... actually, alot of people are able to look past acne relationship wise.... when it comes down to it, it's really just a matter of US beging able to look past it, and that is just not something I can do right now. :( Well anyway, goodluck and I hope that you do decide to go see him, even if it means waiting for a "good skin day" if thats all you can handle for the moment. Btw, you're lucky... love is rare these days. I would know. :wub:

Since you say you're both very comfortable with each other and you've been friends for such a long time, why can't you just tell him the truth? Do you really think he'll think negatively of you after talking for so many years? I highly doubt it :) As hard as this is for you, i think honesty is the best policy, in this situation. Good luck, tell us how it goes :)

I think you should take his word and trust him. The beautiful thing about you two's situation is that your bond has been formed by your personalities and character.

You're both self conscious. Why? If you deeply care for each other, insignificant physical attributes are rarely the end of a relationship. You both have built trust. He wouldn't be disappointed. Disappointment from meeting the girl he's loved in person for the first time is not a recipe for disappointment.

The most tired cliche in the world is "Tomorrow may never come". However, it applies in this situation. Two people who love each other as much as you two do deserve to be able to see each other in person and have a great time together. I bet he looks right past your acne. I don't notice it. I think of how warm I feel when speaking to a girl I like. It's something that only happens a few times in our lives. I'd say it's about time you take that chance.

See... this is soooo true jezebel! I think you should go for it! I read you're post and again, totally relate.. I was thinking after I posted that, "a pimple and a few clogged pores"??? What I wouldn't kill to have that, lol! :(. But anyway, nike is right... you do have something VERY special. My bond w/ my bf is also mostly mental/emotional and I realize that I will most likely never find a person I connect w/ on the level I do w/ him... but it's just me myself, and I... I look at myself in the mirror and I don't want him having to look at this person. :( I know he doesn't care and has seen me w/ my skin bad, but still, its *me who isn't able deal w/ it... he loves me despite all my flaws, and viseversa. I think the same is true to you're guy too.. I honestly do. Also, like nike said... "tomorrow may never come"... if you don't see him, and something happens, w/ out doubt you will regret it. So, although I do relate and understand what you're dealing w/ try not to let you're mind get in the way. Plus, if you're anything like me I know you're probly a makeup pro by now from having to apply it so much so I'm sure you can get you're skin looking half decent even if you're breaking out really bad. :D So yeah.... another vote for go for it. :)

Hey Jezebel, it's been a while since you posted this so I don't know if you're seeking opinions on it! But anyways, I was once in your situation, I kept putting it off - and in the end it just threw us apart! I've never met that person to this day because of that. So I say learn from my mistake and just go for it :D! There is really nothing to lose if you do, and perhaps a lot to lose if you don't :(.

The funny thing is, she was an acne sufferer too! Had been on accutane twice. Oh the fool I was :P.

Good luck either way, i'm sure it'll be great :).