Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jtremere

HELP ME PLEASE! (title edited)

I have some small dots on my face that I want to go away, but they wont. Ive been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, but havent seen much too improvement. I was using Oxy Deep Cleanser Salicylic Acid 2% for awhile, and saw some redness go away within a week, but I broke out a few weeks ago from it, and discontinued it. However, I could say that the redness that was there was very bad, and the SA dramatically changed it.

Any ideas on what to use?

True 'dat, Jezebel.

Have you simply been using the Oxy Clean? Most people here who are using topicals need to use some kind of cleanser and then medication, and then perhaps some kind of moisturizer if your skin gets dry.

SA and my skin do NOT react well together, it gets very tight and red like you mentioned. Have you tried BP?

Just needed to get attention to my thread. I wouldnt say that the SA causes redness in my skin, it actually reduced the redness I had. I have tried BP but Im not finding it works for my situation with small dots(same colour as skin) and clearing redness.

I recently had a Glycolic peel and it could be the redness might be there for a few days, but the Cetaphil might not be working either. Suggestions?

Just needed to get attention to my thread. I wouldnt say that the SA causes redness in my skin, it actually reduced the redness I had. I have tried BP but Im not finding it works for my situation with small dots(same colour as skin) and clearing redness.

I recently had a Glycolic peel and it could be the redness might be there for a few days, but the Cetaphil might not be working either. Suggestions?

You need to stick to an exact regimen for eight weeks before you can determine whether it worked or not.

1. your thread probably would have gotten replies without making a life or death headline. I know mine did. That's EXACTLY what this site is for.

2. stick to one treatment for at LEAST eight weeks before jumping to conclusions. Changing your regimen so often will only cause more damage to your skin.

3. Start with a basic, mild cleanser. Then use a Salicylic acid or bp treatment. Wait fifteen minutes for your face to air dry. DO NOT USE A TOWEL. it aggravates the skin. after it dries, use a good toner, toners are miracle workers when it comes to redness. Don't use too much because it can make you oily. But not using ANYTHING to moisturize will also cause more oil. Your skin will be too dry, which will put it into overdrive and you'll get really oily. If you think the toner isn't enough for moisture, use a moisturizing cream or lotion too, preferrably one with time-released BP, to keep fighting acne through your day. use it very lightly.

Also, another tip, don't rub stuff into your skin, it aggravates it. be gentle. always.

1. your thread probably would have gotten replies without making a life or death headline. I know mine did. That's EXACTLY what this site is for.

2. stick to one treatment for at LEAST eight weeks before jumping to conclusions. Changing your regimen so often will only cause more damage to your skin.

3. Start with a basic, mild cleanser. Then use a Salicylic acid or bp treatment. Wait fifteen minutes for your face to air dry. DO NOT USE A TOWEL. it aggravates the skin. after it dries, use a good toner, toners are miracle workers when it comes to redness. Don't use too much because it can make you oily. But not using ANYTHING to moisturize will also cause more oil. Your skin will be too dry, which will put it into overdrive and you'll get really oily. If you think the toner isn't enough for moisture, use a moisturizing cream or lotion too, preferrably one with time-released BP, to keep fighting acne through your day. use it very lightly.

Also, another tip, don't rub stuff into your skin, it aggravates it. be gentle. always.

1) I posted other topics here before and it never got replies.

2) I went from using SA acid before, than using PanOxyl/and Bio Oil and saw instant improvements within the next day. While waiting 8 weeks for something to work, it may make my face worse beyond repair. Switching to the SA acid and trying it out for a day wont hurt.

3) The cleanser I have has SA in it. Its Deep Cleansing Oxy with SA in it. Right afterwards, I use Biotherme Homme Moisturizer.

Im just stating that with the OXY SA Cleanser, within a few days I saw redness on my skin fade away. Ive been using the Cetaphil for 2 weeks now, and while it has made my face smooth feeling, its not doing much for the redness. I dont know if the Glycolic peel is making stuff worse(as they suggested it would) but I have been getting new ones everyday.

I have some small dots on my face that I want to go away, but they wont. Ive been using Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, but havent seen much too improvement. I was using Oxy Deep Cleanser Salicylic Acid 2% for awhile, and saw some redness go away within a week, but I broke out a few weeks ago from it, and discontinued it. However, I could say that the redness that was there was very bad, and the SA dramatically changed it.

For real, this is not even worth peoples time to read when you draw such unwarranted attention to your posts.

Hi, I finally figured out the SA irritates my acne. i love the Acne.org cleanser, it has really cleared me up more than the Cetaphil. The Cetaphil is just not effective with acne in my experience. Try that cleanser and benzol peroxide instead of SA :-)

pathetic.

we all have acne on here... what makes your "small dots" a life or death situation?

I have more than "small dots". This shit has just been heckling me for way to damn long and Im just tired of it, as Im acne has been a problem for everyone here. The thread title was meant to bring in people, and it achieved that. Sorry if it offends anyone in any way.

The SA acid helped reduce the redness in my skin before quite favorably. Within 2 weeks I looked great. I only broke out majorly once and that was probably due to me showering 2 times a day, and also using very hot water.

People just need to calm down a bit here, as I do have more than some "small dots" on me, but merely wanted to know how to get rid of the pesky things. Trust me, Im in the exact position as everyone else here.

I just broke out a few days ago.....CHILL OUT!!!

Its NOT the end of the world.

I feel like SHIT when im at the gym in the locker room.

My fucken back is SOOO scared up. It looks like SHIT!....

NOT the end for me.....im just different from everyone else there.

I just keep facing the world and smile at everyone i see.

:)

:)

Hang in there NIck, and try and keep your morale up...worry and stress make acne even worse.

Other SA might have been too strong - this one works well for me....

http://www.drugstore.com/qxp163358_333181_...e_treatment.htm

Hey jtremere,

If you have small flesh-colored pimples that seem to fluctuate and never go away completely, it might be fungal folliculitis and not acne. You'd need a doctor to do a culture to be sure, but here are some of the possible characteristics of folliculitis:

-small, numerous flesh colored bumps (sometimes hundreds!)

-bumps sometimes flare red and/or itch

-there is dandruff on the scalp or eyebrows

-the skin sheds oily flakes

-you can sometimes squeeze a hard white/yellow plugs from bumps

-does not respond to regular acne medication

-there's a history of antibiotic use (for acne or other)

It can look different on the body, where folliculitis often forms hard, itchy red bumps.

If you think you might have it, go check out this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Pityrospo...is-t208147.html

Go down to the second post, where I posted a picture of it and how I got rid of mine.

Best,

akko

Hey jtremere,

If you have small flesh-colored pimples that seem to fluctuate and never go away completely, it might be fungal folliculitis and not acne. You'd need a doctor to do a culture to be sure, but here are some of the possible characteristics of folliculitis:

-small, numerous flesh colored bumps (sometimes hundreds!)

-bumps sometimes flare red and/or itch

-there is dandruff on the scalp or eyebrows

-the skin sheds oily flakes

-you can sometimes squeeze a hard white/yellow plugs from bumps

-does not respond to regular acne medication

-there's a history of antibiotic use (for acne or other)

It can look different on the body, where folliculitis often forms hard, itchy red bumps.

If you think you might have it, go check out this thread:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Pityrospo...is-t208147.html

Go down to the second post, where I posted a picture of it and how I got rid of mine.

Best,

akko

Thanks for the interesting post, but I dont think its that. The bumps arent noticable except in some mirrors when I tilt my head towards the light. Some mirrors suggest that I look good, while some dont. On most cases, I get the mirrors that make me look good. I will probably go down to local dermatologist and see what he has to say about it. Again thanks for the informative post.

Other SA might have been too strong - this one works well for me....

The Oxy SA Deep Cleansing has worked wonderfully in the past and I expect it will work great this time too. Infact I just started to re-use a few days ago, and have seen improvements. The percentage is only 2%, so its not like Im using a ton of it. I put a little bit in hand, gently massage into a lather, and rinse off in the shower. I will look into other products If I have to but so far, this stuff has been okay for me.

I am chilling out, its most people on here that need to chill out. I explained the title and I needed some quick answers. If it offended people, Im sorry. This isnt all about the minor dots either as Ive been dealing with this crap since I was 13, and its just gotten worse as I hit about 19. Fact is, I live with complete morons, and pigs and yet they cannot attract this, but Im clean and want to do my dream, but cant because of this? Doesnt make any sense to me, how fair he is up there.

I was going to admonish you but others beat me to it.

Dont ever take it lightly, there ARE people who this HAS become life or death.

Trust me, Ive literally thought a million times, that maybe ending my life is the best decision for me, and I never do it due to my girlfriend. Im not taking this lightly at all, its serious and I just seriously want this all to be gone.

For the future posters, please read this whole topic before posting "pathetic" or any other retarded remarks. Ive pretty much explained that I'm sorry, but am sure I will get some that wont be able to read. Anyways, thanks for anyone that has helped out. Keep the suggestions coming.

fyi, I edited the title. And yes, I read all of your reasoning ... and I still thought it was out of line.

Sounds to me like you have comedonal acne. SA is pretty good against it, as it exfoliates the pores. Topical retinoids are another good option.

fyi, I edited the title. And yes, I read all of your reasoning ... and I still thought it was out of line.

Sounds to me like you have comedonal acne. SA is pretty good against it, as it exfoliates the pores. Topical retinoids are another good option.

Again, im sorry for that, and thanks for changing the title. Yeah, Im almost exactly sure that its comedonal acne. The SA is working good also to clear up red marks as it did in the past. My dermatologist in Kingston kept doing glycolic peels, and I think those help, but the people there are rude. So Im going down to one in my city, and wanna see what they say.

I will post some links to how I look. Also note that you cant see them very much in the pictures. Its really only under intense light.

Heres a link to multiple pictures of me;

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/quick-t209762.html

Again, some mirrors, and most cameras depict me as looking clear. Infact I counted them all, and it outweighs the ones that suggest I look bad. I could always be paranoid, but it just frustrates me.