Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Would you accept an entire face covered in severe cystic acne which could never be cured if it meant that no one else on these forums would ever suffer from acne again? No one would ever know your name, and you may never receive a word of thanks.

Would it be worth it?

This is a question I've been wondering inside since I joined these forums over a year ago. I've never yet posted it here because I've never known the answer. But after reading the accounts of so many suffering souls I think I can finally say that I would make the sacrifice. I like to think so anyway. When else would I have the opportunity to improve so many people's lives?

What would you choose?

i know everyone's probably going to post the "easy to say that now, but......" response,

but i'd do it in a heartbeat. how could i not?? if i didn't, i'd think about it every single day. if there was a reason behind the suffering, i'd be okay.

No, I wouldn't take the face full of acne. It sounds so selfish, but I wouldn't. I guarantee everyone on these forums will one day find their cure for acne, so why would you sentence yourself to a life of hell?

No, I wouldn't take the face full of acne. It sounds so selfish, but I wouldn't. I guarantee everyone on these forums will one day find their cure for acne, so why would you sentence yourself to a life of hell?

..... because of all the emotional damage it does to people who suffer from it. yeah, you'll probably get rid of it down the road somewhere, but so many people are missing out on their lives because of it in the meantime. not saying they should, but they are. it'd get to me, but i have faith and that can get me through anything......... so if i had to suffer a little to save everyone the stress, then i'd definitely do it.

buuuuut i guess it doesn't actually matter either way, cause it's not happening

Amen! I do really hope everyone in this forum will find the way to cure their acne (same with me). I was really depressed recently, because I just had acne recently, and it's quite bad. But, I felt like it's part of life. No one could be perfect forever. I didn't have severe acne last time. It's a bit hard for me to accept, but then I learn how to accept. I believe it will go soon!! same with everybody, I do really hope they wouldn't feel stress, though it's hard. Well, it's human body, cannot expect to be perfect all the time, isn't it?

there is no way in hell I would do that.

call me selfish if you like but ive lived with bad cystic acne and subjecting myself to having whole face covered with it, even if its for a greater good id rather be dead because we only get one life on this planet and i would not choose to suffer willingly for the sake of others.

I would however, die to give everyone on the face of the earth clear skin and so that no one would ever have to worry about it. I would rather be peacefully in heaven than living a life of hell with cystic acne. Just my opinion.

Okay. Thanks all for your honest responses. Many of you reacted violently to the thought of having severe cystic acne for life. Many here may not know what that is like, so let's switch it up.

Let's say that the cost was only that your acne remain as it is for the rest of your life. You couldn't cure it, but it wouldn't necessarily be severe, just remain as it is right now. I can say yes to that easily because my acne is so mild right now. How 'bout you?

Has anyone else noticed, they dislike people with acne? In theory I should sympathize with them and what not, but when I see someone with acne, I just instantly have bad feelings/thoughts of them. Perhaps it's because I've spent the last 5 or so years of my life cursing acne every single hour of the day.

But in reply to the question, of course I would. Without hesitation either. But I would probably jump off a building after doing it.

there is no way in hell I would do that.

call me selfish if you like but ive lived with bad cystic acne and subjecting myself to having whole face covered with it, even if its for a greater good id rather be dead because we only get one life on this planet and i would not choose to suffer willingly for the sake of others.

If Im being completely honest I would agree with this guy, but having said that Id probably live the rest of my life racked with guilt that people are suffering because of me.

This is a beautiful post. It makes me happy about the state of human nature to see someone say something like this.

By the way, love the username.

I was thinking about making this topic for a few months but you beat me too it. In the end, I don't think I'd make the sacrifice. If I can't be happy (and I never would be with the current state of my skin) then it isn't worth it. I guess that's brutally selfish but I deserve clear skin just as much as anyone else.

And with severe cystic acne, the chances are quite high you'll have a miserable, unbearably lonely life.

And with severe cystic acne, the chances are quite high you'll have a miserable, unbearably lonely life.

Ughhh... People on this board have such stinkin thinkin.

Truly happy people aren't happy based on any outside condition. I'm not saying acne can't make you miserable, because it very much can. It's easy for me to get sucked into self pity too... but then I have to snap out of it and realize that the purpose for living is to be the kind of person God intends... and he never says you gotta look like a model while doing it.

I think if you're alive, then you've got the tools within yourself to find happiness. Period.

I know people get sick of me answering this way, but it's how I feel.

This is a beautiful post. It makes me happy about the state of human nature to see someone say something like this.

By the way, love the username.

Was that an honest response in reference to my post or a sarcastic one in reference to the post before yours? ;)

Has anyone else noticed, they dislike people with acne? In theory I should sympathize with them and what not, but when I see someone with acne, I just instantly have bad feelings/thoughts of them. Perhaps it's because I've spent the last 5 or so years of my life cursing acne every single hour of the day.

But in reply to the question, of course I would. Without hesitation either. But I would probably jump off a building after doing it.

no, i feel a lot of sympathy because i know what they are going through, but i know many people dislike me for my acne(clear skin people). I can see it on their faces when they see me coming: It's like "here comes this face infested girl, why doesn't she go away". People are very shallow.

Now to answer the op's question, no i would not do it. I think i suffer enough already. :cry: