Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If your entire body, head to toe, was utterly infested with the most extreme case of cystic acne (which leaked blood/oozed pus uncontrollably and to no end), how would you feel if you knew, deep within the bowels of your heart, that you would never...ever...get rid of it?

Would you feel...damned...?

Nope. I'd spend a good long while feeling sorry for myself..... questioning why me...... and then I'd realize that you gotta just accept the things you can't change. It wouldn't be easy, and some days would suck more than others, but I'd just have to realize that who I am has nothing to do with my face or body.

It sucks living in a world where most people don't realize that, but I'd also be in a world where there are a pretty awesome minority who don't care about appearance. I'd count my blessings.... because in spite of it all, I'm incredibly blessed. I'd live my life on this Earth as God intended, doing the best that I can with what I've got. Oh, and lots of prayer. I know not everyone on this site agrees with me on this issue, but I'd strongly suggest it :)

Is this just a hypothetical, or is that your story? Because if it is, you're not damned, nor are you even damaged. You're dealt a rough hand in life, but you're strong enough to create an amazing life no matter what life throws at you. And even if you feel deep down that there's no hope, there IS hope. Maybe not for an instant fix...... but I'd never stop looking for something to help ease the situation. It's exhausting...... but the human spirit is stronger than most people give it credit for.

I probably would. Hell, I don't have that kind of acne and there have been plenty of points in my life where I feel damned....but in the end, it would have to come to working through it, somehow...

Guest missyjean130

lol

do you have an account on answerbag by any chance?

Guest missyjean130
lol

do you have an account on answerbag by any chance?

Yes I do, why do you ask?

Someone googled ur username cos' we're THAT obsessed with you. :ninja:

Hmmm, I see. Well I suppose that you all know exactly what goes on through my mind now.

Meh.. we're all a little psycho inside. Anyone who says they're not are the real ones I'm worried about. Can't always help what goes through our minds. I mean, yeah it was a little disturbing...... but you're getting help with the meds and stuff, so feel free to let your freak flag fly as long as you like lol ;)

If your entire body, head to toe, was utterly infested with the most extreme case of cystic acne (which leaked blood/oozed pus uncontrollably and to no end), how would you feel if you knew, deep within the bowels of your heart, that you would never...ever...get rid of it?

I would end myself.

I would end myself.

Well that sucks, because it'd be such a waste of a perfectly good life.

I would end myself.

Tell that to John Merrick.

I would end myself.

he didn't kill himself... and he even still found beauty in life... even though he suffered.

I would end myself.

he didn't kill himself... and he even still found beauty in life... even though he suffered.

"Could Merrick have taken his own life?

Treves never says so directly, but he certainly implies as much in his 1926 pamphlet, "The Elephant Man." Written nearly three decades after Merrick's death, the pamphlet retrospectively strives to account for its circumstances. Treves claims of Merrick:

He often said to me that he wished he could lie down to sleep "like other people." I think on this last night he must, with some determination, have made the experiment. The pillow was soft, and the head, when placed on it, must have fallen back-wards and caused a dislocation of the neck. Thus it came about that his death was due to the desire that had dominated his life -- the pathetic but hopeless desire to be "like other people." [Howard & Ford, 210]"

http://www.victorianweb.org/books/suicide/06b.html

I would end myself.

this

ugh... come on. yes, he wanted to be like other people. who the hell doesn't. i feel for him... he got dealt a crappy hand in life, but towards the end, he was getting more and more comfortable around people. i don't believe that he went into it with the intention of killing himself... but that's just me.

YOU FIND A WAY TO DEAL. in my opinion, it all comes down to faith. if i had none, then yeah i'd probably want to end it too... but because my faith is strong, i know that i can get through anything... and that no matter what, the best is yet to come. agree or disagree, but it's what gets me through everything, and it'd get me through that too.

No I agree with art of drowning's general mentality, if there was no end to the physical suffering that you were being put through, then what is the point of carrying on? Rejected by soicety, rejected by yourself, why would you want to continue existing in that kind of reality. I thankfully have never had to go through that my pain myself- but I can at least understand why people would feel damned if life made them suffer with that kind of existence.

No I agree with art of drowning's general mentality, if there was no end to the physical suffering that you were being put through, then what is the point of carrying on? Rejected by soicety, rejected by yourself, why would you want to continue existing in that kind of reality. I thankfully have never had to go through that my pain myself- but I can at least understand why people would feel damned if life made them suffer with that kind of existence.

Yeah I totally understand it too. I'm sure I'd spend a hell of a lot of time being miserable.... but it's all about your attitude. Being rejected by society sucks, and you can't always control that.... but I'll NEVER be rejected by myself. That's completely within my control. Faith keeps my mind strong so this stuff can't break me. Not that it doesn't suck and get me really pissed off and insecure, but overall I just know that none of this matters in the long run. God doesn't make mistakes. If I'm on this earth its for a reason, no matter what kind of crappy conditions I'm here in. Like I said though, I know not a lot of you feel like I do as far as religion.... so I get why you'd feel that way.

I just know that none of this matters in the long run. God doesn't make mistakes.

Exactly. Think about it: You're covered head-to-toe in the worst imaginable cystic acne. Do you know how lonely you'd get?; How chronically untouched you'd be? Intimacy would be painful -- literally! So why put up with it (if none of it matters)? I see no God in this would-be case.

I just know that none of this matters in the long run. God doesn't make mistakes.

Exactly. Think about it: You're covered head-to-toe in the worst imaginable cystic acne. Do you know how lonely you'd get?; How chronically untouched you'd be? Intimacy would be painful -- literally! So why put up with it (if none of it matters)? I see no God in this would-be case.

I mean having acne doesn't matter in the long run. It really doesn't. The effects we let it have on our minds and thought patterns matter, but that's something we can choose to control.