Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm clearing up and I'm so worried that I will break out again and even worse!

I'm so clear that I only have red marks healing! all I want is time, I need time so my marks and scars heal completly.. I don't care if I get more acne after... I just need a break

I don't want acne to come back!

I'm clearing up and I'm so worried that I will break out again and even worse!

I'm so clear that I only have red marks healing! all I want is time, I need time so my marks and scars heal completly.. I don't care if I get more acne after... I just need a break

I don't want acne to come back!

i think that fear will always kinda stick with us...... like a messed up form of PTSD or something. :(

Nah, the fear acne will come back isn't as bad as actually having it, but it still sucks big time.

it's been like a month or so since I had big zigs on my cheeks, still break out a bit on my jaw but I don't care about those bcause they're small and the they heal fast.. and I'm not even breaking out a lot lately. my cheeks are so clear and it's nice.. every day they heal

I guess Jez is right.. fear will be always there for us.. haunting

Interesting topic, Ive been clear for about a month or so now thanks to tane, but when I am in the shower Im always feeling every bit of my skin to see if there is a new one coming anywhere, its not a nice feeling to have in the back of your mind all the time but at the same time, when you start thinking those thoughts you know that your skin must be getting better!

Also Ive had a lump under the jawline that hasnt developed into a spot yet but has gradually got bigger and bigger, I know that soon it will turn into a spot or maybe even a cyst. But the weirdest thing is, I almost felt relieved about getting it, its like Im so used to having big spots and cysts on my face that I feel slightly uncomfortable with clear skin. Of course I snap out of that mindset pretty quickly and get pissed off that my skin is brewing another zit up but damn its a weird feeling.

Also Ive had a lump under the jawline that hasnt developed into a spot yet but has gradually got bigger and bigger, I know that soon it will turn into a spot or maybe even a cyst. But the weirdest thing is, I almost felt relieved about getting it, its like Im so used to having big spots and cysts on my face that I feel slightly uncomfortable with clear skin. Of course I snap out of that mindset pretty quickly and get pissed off that my skin is brewing another zit up but damn its a weird feeling.

I know the feeling! Sometimes when I've been clear for a while I get anxious and uncomfortable. My skin isn't screwed up like usual... what's wrong with me?? And then the acne returns, and while I'm ticked off, a bit of me is relieved.

Tane has granted me clear skin for now, but I'm still uncomfortable looking in mirrors. Just today I was brushing my teeth and combing my hair and I kept my eyes in the sink, per usual. Glancing up I caught sight of my acne free complexion and flinched, not looking up again. I still don't like mirrors.

We find security in our insecurities. The heck?

Paradoxically I used to get really afraid when my skin started clearing up, because I knew inevitably it would be only a short break before my skin self-destructed once more, and I would go through the whole process of self-loathing and wondering what the hell was wrong with me. Now I just try to enjoy those brief moments of clarity when they happen; I think we owe it to ourselves to at least be happy when we are clear.