Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Violetmoon

Getting TCA peel today

Hello everyone,

I am getting a 7% TCA peel done today and I thought that I would share my experience with everyone out there that is thinking about getting one. First I decided to go with the TCA peel becuase it was fairly cheap only $150 and I haven't had very good luck with lasers so hopefully it does the trick.

So I am getting it at about 3 p.m. and I have to go to class right after so hopefully I won't look like a monster. I will report back later with pictures.

Here is what I look like to start with post-74082-1221580735_thumb.jpgpost-74082-1221580853_thumb.jpg

A better picture of my scars http://img37.picoodle.com/data/img37/3/9/2...12m_75dfb00.jpg

post-74082-1221580735_thumb.jpg

post-74082-1221580853_thumb.jpg

I must have took the picture in really good lighting because I have really bad scars. It really looks like freddy krugger when my skin hits the light just right.

Anyway I had the peel. It took about an hour, the esthetician did 3 layers of 7% TCA. The first layer wasn't really bad, the second layer hurt and burnt a little more, and then the 3rd layer really really hurt for about a minute before she neutralized it. I can't wash my face tonight and she gave me this stuff to wash with in the morning. I couldn't wear makeup tonight which really sucked because I had to go to class. I have to go to class tomorrow too so hopefully I will look better. So far I am not in pain I just feel a little tightness.

Oh and I couldn't attack anymore pics through acne.org so i did them through picoodle so let me know if they don't work out well.

http://img34.picoodle.com/data/img34/3/9/1...16m_96615d2.jpg

http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/1...17m_d94be97.jpg

http://img28.picoodle.com/data/img28/3/9/1...18m_9a4fb83.jpg

did the esthetician give you any idea how well your scars would respond to the treatment?

She said that I should see about 70%-80% scar/red mark reduction on my forehead and chin, but my chin and forehead didn’t look too scarred to begin with. Here is a before pic of my forehead. http://img33.picoodle.com/data/img33/3/9/1...13m_a7321c5.jpg

My cheeks, however, are a different story, she said that I may not see as much improvement as I would like, maybe 10%-20%. We are planning on doing the venus laser next month on my cheeks. So basically, I am not really sure how much improvement I will see on my face, I think I will have to wait and see. She did say though that my type of scarring usually responds well to the TCA peel, so I am hoping for the best.

So here is my update, I am 17ish hours post procedure. I just feel really tight and I am starting to breakout, probably because I couldn't wash my face last night. The redness has gone down but I am still a little red, at least I get to wear makeup today. I notice that my pores look a little bit smaller but that could just be because my skin is so tight.

left side http://img28.picoodle.com/data/img28/3/9/1...19m_dbf04c3.jpg

right side http://img34.picoodle.com/data/img34/3/9/1...20m_ce7f0f4.jpg

forehead http://img27.picoodle.com/data/img27/3/9/1...21m_c453e8e.jpg

I was going to ask when i get my dermo appt to get one of those peels... now im second guessing myself...

Keep us updated!

violet, the peel might help alot due to you have very mild scars. give yourself plenty of time to recover. dont even pay attention to improvement a day, a week, 2 weeks after the treatment. I would give a month minimum before you see the acual results. peels take time. Ive heard it takes 7-10 days and so on and so fourth. its not true, give it a month. I would eat healthy and take lots of vitamins to help recovery.

violet, the peel might help alot due to you have very mild scars. give yourself plenty of time to recover. dont even pay attention to improvement a day, a week, 2 weeks after the treatment. I would give a month minimum before you see the acual results. peels take time. Ive heard it takes 7-10 days and so on and so fourth. its not true, give it a month. I would eat healthy and take lots of vitamins to help recovery.

Thanks, yeah the esthetician told me that I would see results in 7 days but I think i am going to give it a month now before I decided to do any other treatments, that would be great if i could see the results i wanted from just the peel. I am a vegan so healthy food is all I eat, but I am only taking E, C, A, and zinc, hopefully that will help. I am not sure what else I should be taking.

My update, it has been 27 hrs since my peel. I am still breaking out a little, but I think that will go away when I stop using all this heavy moisturizer. I woke up feeling really tight. My skin looks like i'm 70, it is very wrinkled. I think I should be peeling by tomorrow. This is the best I could get it to show. http://img37.picoodle.com/data/img37/3/9/1...17m_0291ccc.jpg. Most of the redness is gone, I just feel really tight. I have to work tonight so we will see how I look by the end of the night.

Oh and Rai, the peel honestly isn't that bad I know it looks pretty horrible, but it really isn't that bad. The only thing I would suggest is not doing anything the day that you actually get the peel, but I will let you know if my results were actually worth the money and the time.

glad to hear you take care of yourself with diet and supplements/vitamins. it really makes a difference. hope it goes well and you get sollid results.

little late now, but bromelin is supposed to be good for inflammation and the swelling

hope the peel turns out good for you

Here is my update for today, I am starting to peel a lot, well actually I started last night at work. Anyway, I am trying not to peel a ton because I don't want to leave any other scars. I am really glad I am peeling though because my face was so tight that I could barley open my mouth. I think the worst of the peel is over now though, and it wasn't too horrible.

The skin where I have peeled looks the same as before I had the peel so I don't know if this even did any good, but I am going to wait it out at least a month before I decide if the peel was worth it or not.

So I am freaking out a little right now. I'm four days out and I am completely peeled. I tried called esthetician's office and they aren't there today. I thought it would take a lot longer to peel off all my dead skin. In fact she said it should take me seven days to be completely peeled. I know there is a risk that I could get brown marks if something goes wrong, and my skin already is really red.

Does anyone know if this is normal or did my skin peel to fast?

So I am freaking out a little right now. I'm four days out and I am completely peeled. I tried called esthetician's office and they aren't there today. I thought it would take a lot longer to peel off all my dead skin. In fact she said it should take me seven days to be completely peeled. I know there is a risk that I could get brown marks if something goes wrong, and my skin already is really red.

Does anyone know if this is normal or did my skin peel to fast?

if u don't apply any moisturizer then it will peel fast and the skin will turn brown before it's peeling too

to start with u barely even have scars hence theres nothing to be worried about. i'm sure ur skin will be perfect after the treatment.

but after reading about the peeling; i'm actually scared to embark on this treatment. redness, peeling oh my.... and having to live with it for a week and having to go in for work in this state.

to start with u barely even have scars hence theres nothing to be worried about. i'm sure ur skin will be perfect after the treatment.

but after reading about the peeling; i'm actually scared to embark on this treatment. redness, peeling oh my.... and having to live with it for a week and having to go in for work in this state.

I hope my skin will be perfect but they way it is looking right now it's not going to happen. I am actually seeing a small improvement though.

I know the peel looks bad, but it really wasn't too horrible. Pain wise it didn't hurt at all although it was a little uncomfortable being so tight. It only really keep me looking funny for 4 days and on the 5th day I was completely peeled.

As for the social aspect, the day I did the peel I actually went to class really really red and got a few funny looks, but I really didn't care. I even scared someone coming out of the bathroom.

I work at a Blood bank and I had to go out on a blood drive to a mormon church on thursday when I was peeling pretty badly and I got some funny looks there too, but I guess I just kind of looked at it like I will never see these people again so what do I really care about what they think about my face and that in the long run, even though it sucked for a couple of days, my skin would look better. Oh and I told everyone I work with that I was getting the peel so I would look like a monster for a couple of days and that really helped. I guess you just have to think more about yourself and the results you will have it you do the peel rather then what people think of you for a week.

So far I would suggest at least trying the peel, but I still may be swollen.

Peels will do nothing for the shallowest of scars, whether you use 7% TCA or the stronger phenol, AKA exoderm which many have had on this board. They achieved 0 improvement even with the $5000 very potent exoderm peel. All your doing is risking damaging your skin, having orange peel texture and maybe add a few more scars.

Mine has been red for two weeks and that was with 30% Glycholic but apparently either too much got in this area or its sensitive. Mine is not as red as before but its still a light red with some skin looking dry and ready to fall but nothing like a sun tan peel. I use Emu oil twice a day and copper serum once a day. When I touch that area it feels hard like leather skin or something like that. I hope this area is going to get better since my co-workers have been asking me what happened there.

Mine has been red for two weeks and that was with 30% Glycholic but apparently either too much got in this area or its sensitive. Mine is not as red as before but its still a light red with some skin looking dry and ready to fall but nothing like a sun tan peel. I use Emu oil twice a day and copper serum once a day. When I touch that area it feels hard like leather skin or something like that. I hope this area is going to get better since my co-workers have been asking me what happened there.

Hopefully, everything will turn out good for you, what do you think of your results so far? I'm mean other then the parts that feel like leather.

Here is my update. It has been a week since I had my peel. I am breaking out like crazy so I went back on my DKR products, which i wasn't supposed to do till wednesday, and hopefully I will clear up soon. I am still pretty red though but my skin is really sensitive. When I first get up in the morning and I am not red, I'm pretty happy with my results so far, but I am going to give me a full month before I judge if it worked or not.

left side http://img26.picoodle.com/data/img26/3/9/2...19m_7d6eeaa.jpg

right side http://img28.picoodle.com/data/img28/3/9/2...18m_d721be5.jpg

I just wanted to give everyone a quick update. It has been almost two weeks since I did the peel and I am breaking out so badly. It sucks because I had been 100% clear for more then a year and now I am so broken out that I don't want to even leave the house. My skin hasn't looked this bad since I was a teenager.

So far I personally think that doing the TCA peel was a waste of time and money. It really hasn't helped my scarring any and it has just created new scarring because I am breaking out so bad. So right now it looks like a made a bad decision but I am still going to give it two more weeks and hopefully my skin will clear back up. So far though I wouldn't recommend having a peel done.

Sorry to hear it didn't work out for you. :(

Your scars are pretty similar to mine, so I was quite hopeful while reading through this thread. Can it be because of 3 layer peeling done at once?

I had 3 sessions of fraxel and light glycolic acid peelings in six months time. The improvement is not as dramatic as I hoped but I'm not wearing make-up anymore. I was looking for a way to get rid of my scars a bit more and came up to the TCA method here.

Take your time and start working on break outs. Believe me I know how it feels. I experienced the same thing last summer -after quitting accutane, I had a major break out that I never ever had before using accutane. Try to chin up, low mood only gives you more break outs. :)

Thanks for your support, my skin is starting to clear up now, Thank god!

I hate to discourage you from getting something done, just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean that it won't work for you. Plus i only did a 7% peel so maybe a higher percent or a cross would work great. I might have had a bad effect because we did three layers I'm not really sure, it was a little harsh for my skin though, I could feel it.

so now that your skin is cleared up, would you say your scarring is same, worse or better? I did a tca peel one/two layer, and I believe my skin was better for the first couple of weeks but now it looks the same. I contemplating on whether or not I should keeping doing the peels now.