Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
punchito

Best post-Accutane treatment?

Hey guys,

my course of Accutane is almost over - fingers crossed things stay as they are now!

After Accutane I don't want to end up treating my body like a toilet, I think having Acne for 8 years now has taught me the importance of taking care of myself! So I want to give myself as good as possible chances of not having this nightmare start again.

So basically I need a good regimen without any harsh stuff. BP turned me red and wrecked my skin tone, and Antibiotics/Differin were beyond useless.

So... what's a good non-harsh way to keep my skin healthy and (hopefully) under control? I'm thinking Cetaphil plus........... ?

Please note that I live in Japan and have no credit card (thank you Mizuho bank...), so any exotic stuff e.g. from America only won't be much good for me. Maybe some vitamins that work great or a kickass regimen that someone from Japan has found.

Thanks!

Hey guys,

my course of Accutane is almost over - fingers crossed things stay as they are now!

After Accutane I don't want to end up treating my body like a toilet, I think having Acne for 8 years now has taught me the importance of taking care of myself! So I want to give myself as good as possible chances of not having this nightmare start again.

So basically I need a good regimen without any harsh stuff. BP turned me red and wrecked my skin tone, and Antibiotics/Differin were beyond useless.

So... what's a good non-harsh way to keep my skin healthy and (hopefully) under control? I'm thinking Cetaphil plus........... ?

Please note that I live in Japan and have no credit card (thank you Mizuho bank...), so any exotic stuff e.g. from America only won't be much good for me. Maybe some vitamins that work great or a kickass regimen that someone from Japan has found.

Thanks!

Perhaps just a gentle cleanser like the Simple products and possibly a Retina-A topical. I was asking my derm for Retin-A after I finished my course and he said no it wasn't needed. I wish I had put more pressure on as then I wouldn't be in the state I am now. I'd ask your derm for a topical like Retin-A to keep those pores clear.

Cheers for the lightning-fast response! :D I'm not sure if I'll be able to find those things, I'll be asking my Derm (whose English isn't the best :o).

If my skin reacted very badly to Differin, would Retin-A be better? Is it more gentle?