Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
B-rit

I am ready to feel pretty again! (PICS included)

Hi my name is Brittany and here I am devastated. My skin has turned me into someone I am not…and that is someone who is not confident. I have very mild acne, but I have suffered from cystic acne in the past. I was put on Minocycline and it cleared me marvelously for a year and then stopped working…. So here we are again (but experiencing such different skin issues) My acne is mostly clogged pores (the kind that looks bad in sunlight) and recently these pores have started to become inflamed and I am breaking out all over my face.

I no longer go out because I am afraid of what people would think of my skin...and it's so stupid, cause it's not even that bad compared to many on this site- so what's my problem? I strive for perfection, and when my skin is not perfect I break down.

I went to the derm… and he gave me Clindamycin phosphate lotion and retin-a. I have not used the retin a because I am terrified of what might happen… I figured I would start one product at a time, so I added the lotion to my regimen (see signature)

I have been on this new regimen with the lotion for 10 days now, and all of the clogged pores have turned into little (some big) inflamed pimples, that seem to take weeks to go away and leave a lovely red mark.

I am thinking this might be an IB to the Clindmaycin lotion? Since nothing else in my regimen has changed, or perhaps my acne is evolving and getting steadily worse. Oh joy

Nevertheless I have decided to keep a log to keep my sanity and also track the progress/ retreat of my skin.

Comments are always welcome.

Current Photos:

Left Side: Worse Side

post-83873-1221511718_thumb.jpg

Right Side: Better Side, despite one lingering cyst, and red marks

post-83873-1221511793_thumb.jpg

Forehead: Itchy, Bumpy....depressing

Last time I felt good about my skin (My Birthday) April 2008:

post-83873-1221511666_thumb.jpg

post-83873-1223331243_thumb.jpg

post-83873-1221511666_thumb.jpg

post-83873-1221511718_thumb.jpg

post-83873-1221511793_thumb.jpg

post-83873-1223331243_thumb.jpg

Honestly, the 1st 3 pictures all look fine. I don't see anything wrong....... and in the last one it's not that bad at all. I understand that it bothers you, but take a look around this site at some of the pictures you'll see. What you have is such a small problem..... you're lucky! Don't let it stop you from living your life :)

Honestly, the 1st 3 pictures all look fine. I don't see anything wrong....... and in the last one it's not that bad at all. I understand that it bothers you, but take a look around this site at some of the pictures you'll see. What you have is such a small problem..... you're lucky! Don't let it stop you from living your life :)

I know...but it's something that bothers me non the less and the thing is, even though this doesn't compare to the acne i suffered from over a year ago I feel like thats what is still covering my face...it makes me anxious that this could slowly turn into my cystic acne again... its a horrible feeling... to go from cystic to clear and then to slowly start to develop acne again....

i am paranoid

this log is more for me then anything...its a way for me to start writing down how i am feeling

Day 14 of Clindmaycin Lotion

So today was better then yesterday...even though the mess on my forehead is getting worse. The little pimples are becoming more inflamed: some hurt, while others are forming white heads. To be honest I am just glad that they are doing something...the sooner they become full blown pimples the sooner they can heal and go away.. seriously they have been lingering in that area as small clogged pores for over a month now!! I am hoping that the Clindmaycin is pushing them to the surface.

The rest of my face is okay at the moment...the left side is still alot worse then the right.

I think what has made today a better face day is the fact that I was attacked by mosquitos while I was sleeping last night (in my own room!).. I always react horrible to bug bites....they swell to the size of quarters... anyways the constant itching has distracted me from my face.

Hi Brit... I also have clogged pores, and actually mine are much bigger/deeper than yours and also unfortunetley COVER my cheeks/forhead/chin/jaw... it's very strange not to mention extremely depressing to have skin that doesn't even look like skin in all these areas then have poreless perfect/smooth skin elsewhere. So I can relate to what you're dealing w/ in that aspect. To be honest though if I could get my skin looking 1/4 as good as youre I would be so happy I can't even tell you. I also deal w/ inflamed acne, whiteheads, and under the skin little bumpies... and to put the icing on the cake my skin is extremely sensitive, and therefor always red and blotchy. :( So please, try not to let this get you down.. you are beautiful and I'm telling you, you're the only person who notices these very very minor skin imperfections.

Try to keep you're head up. :)

PS: You have a very nice tan, clogged pores or not... do you live in a sunshine state???

Blackness- I actually don’t spend that much time in the sun…but I do live in a sunshine state and have a new puppy…so I am always walking her…I guess those 15 minute intervals add up to a tan? But thanks for the uplifting words

Nike73086- well the whiteheads are no longer whiteheads some have decided to almost vanish, while the majority have turned into inflamed painful zits… I really hope that the lotion is pushing them out…cause this sucks

Morning 15 of Clindmaycin Lotion

Well everything on my forehead has become inflamed within the last two days…and painful!!! I really hope that these go away within the next week…cause they are horrid. This photo was taken right after I got out of the shower so they might be a little redder then usual…but not by much. uh

post-83873-1221661795_thumb.jpg

post-83873-1221661795_thumb.jpg

B-rit you are a very beautiful girl. Breakouts do suck just try to keep your chin up. We are our own worst critics. You should go out and enjoy life because once your skin is clear you will look back on this time and wish you had "lived" a bit more. I wish you the best!

?????????

I wonder why these are located in such a specific place on my forehead....?

I also wonder if something as simple as changing the lotion you are using can give you an IB?

When pimples hurt I think it's because they are infected....how long does it take for this pain and swelling to go down if they remain untouched?

hi brit! i know you're frustration, but you really do look great, and i wouldn't let the little acne you have hold you back. i know the days i feel ugly but push myself to go out even though i don't want to are always such fulfilling times. it will get better, just keep pressing on.

p.s. i have mild acne and wish i looked as good as you!

hi brit!

you are very beautiful and so is your skin! i'm a perfectionist though too so I know exactly how you feel.

i would beware the retin-a. my skin was like yours when i went on it in may and it has only gotten worse and worse and worse and worse! and, for whatever reason, when i started using retin a my skin started leaving behind red marks with each pimple, which is literally a nightmare. if you decide to switch things up i think something like a 2% salycilic acid might help with the clogged pores (or so you say have...lol!)

i tried clindamycin too and it worked okay, but it made my skin very irritated and then it started breaking out worse.

since your skin was so clear on minocycline, maybe you could ask abot doryx (doxycycline)?

best of luck!!!

I know what you mean. Mine are all on my chin.

?????????

I wonder why these are located in such a specific place on my forehead....?

So this weekend was quite interesting... filled with many highs and lows... I went from feeling okay to feeling like shit. Everything was healing nicely and within a couple hours more clogged pores formed into little inflamed whiteheads. My chin has been pretty painful even though there are no visable pimples...I can just feel them brewing.

I still have hope though...once all these clogged pores reach the surface... they will be gone and then there will be some healing...and then clear skin. I know it. I have to stay positive.

That's really strange that the clindamycin has been making you break out. Do you apply it everywhere or just to the effected areas? I've been using the solution instead of the lotion and it's been working really well so far. By the looks of your pictures, you really don't have anything to worry about AT ALL. Trust me, many people here including I have it much worse. You still have hope.

Hey. I think you should try the Retin-A. I'm on Ziana which is Clindamycin and Tretinoin, so basically its retin-A with Clindamycin. It's great. I've never tried Retin-A, but Ziana is basically the same thing. It makes my skin glow and gets rid of pimples. I am curious, what strength Retin-A did the derm give you?

I spread the lotion over my entire face...but honestly I have little pimples everywhere..not just onmy forehead. They go through cycles on what areas they break out in

and the retin a is .04%.... don't think i will ever use this though...too many horror stories

I have the same problem as you small little bumps that may seem minor but they are just imperfections to your face. I have clear skin once and the feeling was great but now they came back and ruin my life haha but hey i guess they will clear soon so dont be too caught up with them yeah. i also in the same regimen as you just that i add in drinking Apple Cider Vinegar 3 x 2 tbsn per day.

Best of luck

Hi Brit,

You should check out my log- I think you have very mild acne like I did-mostly clogged pores. I am using retin-a successfully. I think if you have mild acne that is mostly clogged pores, it should work for you. The initial stages are definitely tough but I think you shouldn't let others' horror stories scare you from possibly clearing up your acne. Retin-a has really worked for me and I have tried so many benzoyl peroxide stuff that didn't work anymore. The great thing is that you can use it forever- it has wrinkle benefits too and gets rid of some past sun damage.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/Success-R...ac-t208576.html

Thanks yazgirl... i will def look into it.

so my forehead is starting to clear a bit... and now the right side of my face has taken off... there are several inflamed pimples at the moment that are very hard to cover up and it looks horrible

my chin has also never looked this bad.... it feels so bumpy... tiny bumps and huge bumps...

and i am breaking out around my mouth..

pretty much my skin is sh** today.

"just around the riverbend" ..... oh do i hope

I agree with one of the previous posters that said we're our own biggest critics, especially for those of us that are concerned with being as perfect as possible.

You're acne isn't bad. I bet you the topical retinoids would really help considering that you're not in really bad shape. Differin or Retin-A Micro would in all likelihood be really effective on mild to occasionally moderate lesions.

WOW.

I would give almost ANYTHING to have your skin. Honestly, I bet you that no one walking down the street would look at you and think, "wow she has horrible skin."

You don't have bad skin at all.

You are very pretty.

Dont take me wrong, you are beautiful ( and i guarantee you that about 99% of the people in this site would love love love to have the skin you have). But please come on you only have like 3 pimples on your entire face and they are on your forehead. So can you please stop being silly/paranoid because you are making other people in this site (like me) who acutally have horrible acne feel even worse about ourselves.

Dont take me wrong, you are beautiful ( and i guarantee you that about 99% of the people in this site would love love love to have the skin you have). But please come on you only have like 3 pimples on your entire face and they are on your forehead. So can you please stop being silly/paranoid because you are making other people in this site (like me) who acutally have horrible acne feel even worse about ourselves.

This site is designed for all types of people...not just people with severe acne!

This is a personal regimen log. my personal regimen log. If it makes you feel worse then you don't have to read it.

But i think we all have something in common... that we want to feel better about our selves, and we want clearer skin. People with mild acne and non inflamed acne shouldn't be shunned from posting.

Being a women I will struggle with hormonal acne and pains probably the rest of my life.. you on the other hand will probably out grow your acne which has to be a nice feeling. I am here to record and vent about my feelings... I don't see how this is being seen as a negative thing?