Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Has anyone in here tried meeting someone over the world wide web. well im currently 19 my last relationship was more than a yr ago. I don't have the courage anymore to meet people in the real world. so i gave this crazy thing known as internet dating a try. im not gonna say yet what happened, but i wanna know ur stories. how did it go, did u meet that person in real life, did it work and how did it worked out having acne and all. :surprised:

I met my boyfriend online. I wasn't actually looking for a relationship but it just happened. We even met each other in real life for the first time in July :D. He doesn't even care that I have acne.. he was even there for me when I took accutane. He understands me and knows all that there is to know about me :). It really means so much to me because he loves me for who I am.. not what I look like (however i still think he could do better than me since I feel ugly -_-). But yeah, he's really great to me :). He tells me I'm beautiful and I always will be no matter what. We're planning to meet again soon. Meeting in real life was awesome because it actually strengthened our bond. <3

I tried it....I don't recommend it, and yet I also wouldn't discourage someone from it either. It doesn't hurt to try, but just be safe about it ;)

I talked to some cool people....all too far away to actually date.

The few people in my area were as lame as the ones I could meet in person on my area :P

I still think the best way to meet people to date is sort of naturally through others you know and everyday situations. Just go about living your life basically ;)

nice responses from everyone. but im very happy for amanda actually. its really nice to have someone that understands you deeply and with ones' flaws can still love you no matter what. anyways no to my story.

I met this person on graigslist. i know not the best place to meet people, lol. but then again i was just messing around with it. had just created an account on it. so i posted an ad saying, no kidding and i quote, " I HAVE ACNE SO WHAT". lol. and if someone was able to move past the in ur face title, i wrote "if u are interested reply back" lol. i got a whole bunch of replies which was unexpected. but out of 30 something replies i met this guy who, unlike the others wasnt interested in a one night thing, neither I'm i. so we started talking and everything and its now been almost 3 weeks. non stop, pretty much every night. so he wants to meet me but even though he knows about my acne, Im still terrified. so im not sure what to do. he really sounds to good to be true. he doesnt care about my problem and we enjoy the same interest. so i dont know.

amanda ur story was really nice and gives me hope that u know meeting this guy may not be such a bad idea. he likes me for who im i and knows about my acne, thank gosh! but still when he sees me face to face, u may never know how his perception may change. he actually doesnt live two far lucky for us, if anything happens. reply back amanda, counting on you, to give me ur opinion.

Okay, here's my "be safe" lecture for online dating:

1. Exchange photos before meeting, if you haven't already. This guy could be like 60 or 12 yrs old otherwise.

2. Plan to meet in a very public place, and somewhere low pressure & somewhat brief, like for coffee. If you like each other, then you can always plan a longer 2nd date. If you don't like each other, then neither of you wasted too much time.

3. Get his full name & phone number & give it to someone you know, with his photo, and tell them what time, date, and place you will be meeting him.

4. During the date, casually mention that someone knows where you are & who you are with.

Okay, here's my "be safe" lecture for online dating:

1. Exchange photos before meeting, if you haven't already. This guy could be like 60 or 12 yrs old otherwise.

2. Plan to meet in a very public place, and somewhere low pressure & somewhat brief, like for coffee. If you like each other, then you can always plan a longer 2nd date. If you don't like each other, then neither of you wasted too much time.

3. Get his full name & phone number & give it to someone you know, with his photo, and tell them what time, date, and place you will be meeting him.

4. During the date, casually mention that someone knows where you are & who you are with.

and before meeting, require that they show you a picture of their id.

UMMM....those are some rules. i appreciates everyones comments and helpful advices. but i know this guy is the age he told me for a fact. i know i dont know him but i do believe him. its not like im going to do it this weekend either, prob in 3 or more weeks. waiting for my face to get a bit better, lol . so i dont have to worry too much about those things yet. i told him a date for me would be at the movies and he agreed. so a very public place it is indeed. and not to forget theres no well in hell anyone can know im going out with someone i met in the internet. specially a guy. I'm closeted so i cant be telling my family that im going out with a guy that i met online. that would be out of line and of course will not concur with the definition of being closeted. lol. anyways. i appreciate ur guys advive, ill take them all for consideration(except the last one, lol) and ill let u know when it will happen and if it does how it went. lol.

i just wanted to know if any of u had done something like this. just curious and wanted to know ur stories and experiences. lol

amanda ur story was really nice and gives me hope that u know meeting this guy may not be such a bad idea. he likes me for who im i and knows about my acne, thank gosh! but still when he sees me face to face, u may never know how his perception may change. he actually doesnt live two far lucky for us, if anything happens. reply back amanda, counting on you, to give me ur opinion.

Hmm well before I met him I was EXTREMELY worried about what he'd think of me after he saw my face.. I thought he'd want to call it quits but thankfully I was wrong. But, we were talking (msn and sometimes phone) practically everyday for 2 years before actually meeting in real life. So we really had a lot of time to get to know what each other is like on the inside. I even told him my fears about the whole meeting process and he reassured me that it would all go great and nothing could change the way he feels about me.

If I were you I think I'd give it a little more time before actually meeting in person because 3 weeks doesnt seem like much.. although it may feel like it dont get me wrong there.. but that's just me lol. I'm really shy so maybe that has to do with my opinion on that and i just like to take things slow. However, If youre up for meeting him now though go for it if thats what you want (just make sure its a public place as mentioned before). It's already a plus that he knows about your acne so there should be no surprises there :). Just exchange pictures so you both can get an idea of what one another looks like. I wish you the best! I hope it all turns out great :D

BTW Sorry for the delayed response!

I find that you don't really know someone until you talk to them face to face (something like 40% of meaning is lost through communication through text), but to each their own.

Never tried it but I suppose thinking about it rationally online dating has quite a few benefits. It certainly must open up a lot of people who have similar interests, who you just probably would not meet otherwise.

On the other hand I don't think I could get over the potential for passing yourself off as something your not. Pics taken from an obscure angle that flatter the subject(or so they think) as are so often seen on Myspace etc and untrue interests as well as a titanic list of 'favourite bands' or whatever. Generally I find if people are given a website to advertise themselves they will lie to cover their insecurities, this must surely be made worse on a dating site where there is a somewhat competitive aspect involved. It's like those ads that are the paper but x10.

Maybe I'm being too cynical? :P

Has anyone in here tried meeting someone over the world wide web. well im currently 19 my last relationship was more than a yr ago. I don't have the courage anymore to meet people in the real world. so i gave this crazy thing known as internet dating a try. im not gonna say yet what happened, but i wanna know ur stories. how did it go, did u meet that person in real life, did it work and how did it worked out having acne and all. :surprised:

Met the love of my life from this website.

She lives half way across the world from me. We communicated endlessly for 8 months literally talking HOURS every single day through webcam, phone, voice, etc. We met for the first time after 8 months and it was nothing short of perfect. We lived together for a few months and it is just perfect. She is now back in the states and we still make it a rule to talk at least an hour every day and I am going to go live with her near the end of the year...

Be sure to REALLY get to know the person before you meet them and take good precaution to really be sure that they are who they say they are. Use the phone, use the mic/webcam, etc. It may not always turn out well, it is a risk but on the other hand it may end up being perfect, like it is for me.

I find that you don't really know someone until you talk to them face to face (something like 40% of meaning is lost through communication through text), but to each their own.

Agreed.

Dont start something unless you're willing to put in enough effort for something that might not work.

It's easy to lie when you're hiding behind a computer so don't be naive.

Many girls I met in myspace wanted to see me in real life , most of them live here when i am

I did put pics of me , skin so clear no scars or acne CAUSE i edited. :P i removed the acne and scars

that's y i quit myspace , But now i am a bodybuilder , and yet i am clear now @!!!

I get acne sometime

But i have some scars and i wanna get rid of it.

I am on plentyoffish.com but I haven't met anyone from there yet, because I'm scared of what they might think (or say if they're brave enough) about how ugly I am in real life. Chatting to them online is good enough for me at the moment though.

UMMM....those are some rules.

Okay...well, I had stalker for a few months and it was a pain to get rid of him. No it wasn't from online dating, but still.... there are weirdos out there.

Just be careful...don't be naive and overly trusting. ;)

That's partially true. However, if you are shy, sometimes you are less so online than in person & in that sense people can get a feel for your "real" personality faster. When I first meet people in person I am not myself then either. It can take me months to warm up to someone in person & be myself.

When I first meet people in person I am not myself then either. It can take me months to warm up to someone in person & be myself.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, the only girls I have ever gotten close to have been those who have been obliged to be in my presence (i.e work, school). That sounds extreme but I come off so coldly simply because I don't involve myself in conversation, or avoid somebody's normal level of eye contact. I think it is getting better as I get older and I can actually talk to people better these days but it still takes me ages to find a rapport with any member of the opposite sex.

My shyness has actually caused some people I know to flat out ignore me, it's really sad! :boohoo:

When I first meet people in person I am not myself then either. It can take me months to warm up to someone in person & be myself.

I can't tell you how many times this has happened to me, the only girls I have ever gotten close to have been those who have been obliged to be in my presence (i.e work, school). That sounds extreme but I come off so coldly simply because I don't involve myself in conversation, or avoid somebody's normal level of eye contact. I think it is getting better as I get older and I can actually talk to people better these days but it still takes me ages to find a rapport with any member of the opposite sex.

My shyness has actually caused some people I know to flat out ignore me, it's really sad! :boohoo:

Story of my life! :boohoo:;)

It's not just the opposite sex for me though...I don't do well with any gender :D

Story of my life! :boohoo:;)

It's not just the opposite sex for me though...I don't do well with any gender :D

I usually fall back on sport with male acquaintances, I can't really go wrong there. I guess the ability to open up freely comes more naturally to some, even polite small talk is hard with new people sometimes though. :doh:

So where do I sign up for online dating? ;)

the person that i met incredibly shares the same interest i do. so thats pretty awesome. we both love going to the movies, playing videogames(he has a wii and so do i), wacthing tv, etc. so it is pretty easy to meet people with ones own interest and the conversatons start from there. but like many of u were saying its really hard to talk to someone or start a conversation with someone you dont know. which is why this is so much easier, not generally better , when u meet someone on the internet . speaking of meeting people my aunt had this amazing idea of me meeting up with one of her friends, a girl btw. im so nervous. i do wanna meet that person but not at this time. i didnt want her to see me as i am right now but theres no way of bailing out of it. so im having a breakdown. lol. and like one of u said, im never myself when i meet someone, im generally ackward and uncomfortable. im hoping for the best. ill keep u updated.

BTW who tends to be more judgemental a guy or a girl? i think a guy but she can be one picky b*&^7! lol. oh and the guy i met on the internet unexpectentangly told me yesterday before i went to bed, that he really really liked me lol and that has never hapened to him before. so he says. and about people putting a certain image about themselves behind a computer, im always myself either on or off the comp. lol

I met the love of my life on the internet. Wasn't looking it just happened. Talked as friends for a year everyday then it just happened. I love her with all my heart :) .