Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
AutonomousOne1980

Circadian rythms, light/dark cycle

ive been reading about the timing of hormone secretion and production in the human body that is all based on the sleep wake cycle. Its crazy to think how our health is related to the environment and that our biology is tuned to the movement of the sun. Ive probably had shitty sleep for about the last 10 months and ive been working late at night up until the last two months so im glad i can get in tune with the universe finally! I just wanted to give this idea some attention since this is the holistic section, im now thinking sleep schedules and good sleeping habits to be the #1 basis for health, because many of your bodys organs and processes are timed to the light/dark cycle.

Also ive been sleeping with the air conditioner blasting in my ear and i think the excess noise has been keeping up a little bit, so i turned it off for the last three days and ive slept deeper and better then i have in a while so it seems noise will keep you up which makes sense because im sure you are designed to wake up a bit if a tiger or bear was walking near by as a survival mechanism.

We are no different then plants and all the other animals out there, the sun is the whole reason why we even exist, we have evolved according the this cycle so it is reasonable to say that we should live according to it, or we function optimally when we live according to it. Just as a plant does, a plants growth and flowering cycle is all tuned precisely to the the time it is in darkness and the time it is in light, growth and rest.

Its funny when we speak of hormone imbalances and ive never once heard or read anyone mention how well it might correlate to your sleep habits, when melatonin and cortisol, which are very important hormones, are both released according to this cycle and also their production is dependant on how well this cycle is followed. and to think for a second the possibility that either hormones has an effect on testosterone or estrogen levels, as most things in the body may be affected by each other in some way, this would be the very first thing to correct, or check, if there is ever any health problem.

Although i cannot assume "all" things in the body are connected, i can tell you that the cause of your acne is most definitly not an accutane deficiency and that anything topically applied will not cure you, and that the cause is definitly internal, with some genetic component.

Hey, I am begginning to believe more and more into how you speak about the sleep patterns ..and general STATE OF MIND , when it comes to not just acne...a healthy self ,in all!! ;) ..

I have incorporated a new Steven Halpren cd to sleep with at night..its called "self healing"..

and that cd is putting me on my a** in no time..I mean WONDERFUL SLEEP,It full of deep relaxation music..and instruments..like harps..and beautiful angelic sounds..

with this cd I am doing deep breathing,and noticed that this helps my sleep more!

I used to stay up at night with a billion worries on my mind but now I am sleeping like BABY!!

I am more focused and in une with myself,and am dealing with stressful situations waaaay better!!

And this comming from me, is a SHOCK..I am like the energizer bunny..on acid...lol.

But now, I am sleeping more peaceful, more deep..and now I am more cool like/toned down.

I will not be subject to ACNE..anymore, I will not be this little thing called acne's punching bag..its just bacteria, that we can control..with how we eat, and without stress,thats it!

I will no longer let this stupid disease make my life feel closed in.. and crappy because of something like this..I just wont!!

But the sleep thing is IMPORTANT!

Plus I started sleeping in full dark(I used to be scared to..lol)..and this helps wonderful..my dreams are clear and all!!

Only thing I have a problem with now is waking up too early...lol.

But since I do now, I exercise..and plan my day better.

I swear my chin acne has reduced like 75% since better sleep/meditation/wiser foods...and not letting acne rule me.

you should also take melatonin, its good stuff, vivid intense dreaming every night.

from my reading there may be some relationship between the darkness signaling melatonin and cortisol. cortisol is supposed to be the highest when you first wake up and tapers off as it gets darker then melatonin takes over to help you feel sleepy, and this is a remedial understanding of the cycle, its even further to include what the internal organs do and when during the day and when you sleep, bottom line is we have evolved around the suns cycle and its not a good idea to mess around with this, now we have unnatural lighting that makes it real easy to mess around with this cycle, getting around at night is alot easier so third shift work is more common.

I too have had horrible sleeping patterns in the past.

I firmly believe that sleep is a big contributer to my acne, especially healing wise.

Btw, I take melatonin and love it! It pretty much guarantees a solid nights sleep with an added bonus of remembering my dream the next morning.

sleep is important...without about 8 hours every night, I feel tired all day. Unfortunately my roomate talks on the phone well into the night/morning :( I'm trying out ear plugs but they're kind of uncomfortable. They do block out noise pretty well though, so I think they'll be great when I get used to them.

you should also take melatonin, its good stuff, vivid intense dreaming every night.

from my reading there may be some relationship between the darkness signaling melatonin and cortisol. cortisol is supposed to be the highest when you first wake up and tapers off as it gets darker then melatonin takes over to help you feel sleepy, and this is a remedial understanding of the cycle, its even further to include what the internal organs do and when during the day and when you sleep, bottom line is we have evolved around the suns cycle and its not a good idea to mess around with this, now we have unnatural lighting that makes it real easy to mess around with this cycle, getting around at night is alot easier so third shift work is more common.

Its weird..I am 22 yrs old...and at first when I would sleep in the dark..I would not be scared of the "boogie man",per'se.. But its like when I am/was in total darkness, I felt an negative energy around me, and I started to worry..I would think more, like be paranoid about the future, or worrying about things I cant control,...acne being one(so I thought).. this keeping me up...I dont know, its weird like I am/was surrounded by demons in total darknes...I guess it carries from childhood...bad things happening in the "dark",so psychological my mind has been trained to equate the darkness with bad feelings..and FEAR..just plain FEAR.

so I would always sleep with a light on..my bf hates sleeping with t.v or the light on...he would get upset...lol.

However ,with this cd,, I feel okay to be in dark when I sleep at night,not worrying about bad things happening to me, or worrying/fearing /being paranoid about things I cant change..and now I focus on things I can change,and try and speak

to myself in positive rythms with the music like training my mind for a positive on-set and view of life/ & for the next day...before you know it..I am out like an light.(no pun intended)...lol.

About the melatonin..where can I get this?

I have bought some over the counter melatonin..called "sleep max",with chamomile,valerian root,and melatonin...It never worked for me though...so what brands are you guys using?'would the single melatonin herb be enough?

this brand has gelatin in it.

Please guys which do you deem effective?

what brands are you using, or would the sigle herb, or supplement be enough?

I want to be able to take it when I am ready for sleep....but I want it to work, and not be like this brand..(it does not work)..

I would prefer something strong though....a melatonin brand that is.

which are you guys using?

Thanks!

Its weird..I am 22 yrs old...and at first when I would sleep in the dark..I would not be scared of the "boogie man",per'se.. But its like when I am/was in total darkness, I felt an negative energy around me, and I started to worry..I would think more, like be paranoid about the future, or worrying about things I cant control,...acne being one(so I thought).. this keeping me up...I dont know, its weird like I am/was surrounded by demons in total darknes...I guess it carries from childhood...bad things happening in the "dark",so psychological my mind has been trained to equate the darkness with bad feelings..and FEAR..just plain FEAR.

so I would always sleep with a light on..my bf hates sleeping with t.v or the light on...he would get upset...lol.

However ,with this cd,, I feel okay to be in dark when I sleep at night,not worrying about bad things happening to me, or worrying/fearing /being paranoid about things I cant change..and now I focus on things I can change,and try and speak

to myself in positive rythms with the music like training my mind for a positive on-set and view of life/ & for the next day...before you know it..I am out like an light.(no pun intended)...lol.

About the melatonin..where can I get this?

I have bought some over the counter melatonin..called "sleep max",with chamomile,valerian root,and melatonin...It never worked for me though...so what brands are you guys using?'would the single melatonin herb be enough?

this brand has gelatin in it.

Please guys which do you deem effective?

what brands are you using, or would the sigle herb, or supplement be enough?

I want to be able to take it when I am ready for sleep....but I want it to work, and not be like this brand..(it does not work)..

I would prefer something strong though....a melatonin brand that is.

which are you guys using?

Thanks!

melatonin is no where near an herb, its a hormone that your bodys makes when your eyes sense darkness and its over the counter usually in 1-3 mg. i have 3 mg that i cut in half with a pill slicer.

WORD

Sleep is #1

It's so ridiculous how people sleep these days. It's killing people and they have no idea.

The human body was designed to stay on a stable circadian rhythm, going to bed around the same time every night and waking up around the same time every night, and sleeping in almost complete darkness. Most people's sleep patterns are way far away from this.

Even I cave into the social pressure sometimes and stay up late to socialize. I regret it more everytime...