Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bobbo

ACV canceling out Fish Oil?!??

I wish I could find the thread again. I read that drinking ACV within 4 hours of taking fish oil will eliminate any positive effects the fish oil might have. It "burns it up" so to speak.

I take fish oil constantly throughout the day and this would make things a little difficult.

Any input on this??

Found it, copied some of the quotes.

If you are taking fish oil and other supplements, wait at least 4 hours before drinking ACV, so your body could properly absorb the supplements.

Found it, copied some of the quotes.

If you are taking fish oil and other supplements, wait at least 4 hours before drinking ACV, so your body could properly absorb the supplements.

Yea I got the 4 hours wait time from ndnromeo himself (fishoil guy), Yes the ACV will burn up the fishoils...

Original thread, http://www.acne.org/messageboard/PEOPLE-DR...mp;hl=acv+drink

I wounder if it is only AVC which has this effect

ok, you are not quoting any real study, so who even knows if its true or not, so right now consider it about 10% probablity of even being true, he doesnt even say why this is or how he came to know this as a fact, so it may as well be fiction.

But if you are concerned, yea i would take them at different times but you should always take them with food. Have you ever had salad with dressing before eating a piece of fish??? well my guess is it would be the same thing and would have little effect on the oils in the fish.

It won't burn up the fish oil. Total BS. There are things that block absorption of certain nutrients, and others that rev up your bodies ability to burn fats it has already assimilated- but nothing that will "burn" it up before being digested. If anything, it may help absorption because what the acidity and possible enzymes MIGHT do do is actually help break down the fats in to simpler fatty acids that are easily assimilated.

If you wanna test this, just pour some fish oil into some acv and shake it or stir it. After a while the oil and vinegar will seperate just like olive oil and vinegar.

Oh, a just as important question though, whats the best way to take ACV for maximum effectiveness??

- Should I take it with or without food?

- Can I take it all at once instead of twice daily?

Thank you!

Thats what I figured. I'm only doing ACV for about a week or two anyway. Thanks again.

welcome

Oh, a just as important question though, whats the best way to take ACV for maximum effectiveness??

- Should I take it with or without food?

- Can I take it all at once instead of twice daily?

This I can't tell you since it never helped me either way...