Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Alright. So everyday i wake up, I'm affected by this so called thing called acne. I spend close to an hour applying and removing and then reapplying makeup to my face trying to cover up a nasty pimple. Yes I said it, a, meaning one, pimple. I'm one of those members who most .orgers would laugh and say "seriously, you call yourself a sufferer?" But I do suffer, probably a lot worse than any of you do.

But what acne has made me aware of is my flaws. But I'm not afraid to admit them. I am afraid to admit I have acne, but I'm not afraid to admit I'm a liar and a backstabber. I have become a far superior person thanks to acne. Now that I've learned my lesson, I can only hope that my acne clears!!haha. (:

how has acne affected you? rant all you want. I love reading negative stories. I like hearing that my life isn't as bad as I make it out to be.

Hm. I like ranting too. I should go to sleep, I have early class tommorow and I'm trying to sleep early, but oh well.

Anyways. My acne story is basically about inconsistency. I'll be clear for a few months, and then pimples start coming, so then I go back into hiding. Mind you, I'm pretty damn outgoing when I'm clear. I.e - constantly clubbing, talking to different people. When I have acne though, I just resort to this shell of mine where I try not to speak. It's wierd. I hate being introverted. I've always been a mixture, but as a kid I was extremely outgoing....only when I got acne did I start being introverted. Grade 8 was when it first started getting bad so I resorted to writing lyrics and recording raps (I have a good voice and am a decent rapper) to express my frustration. Most of my raps were really depressing to be honest, and looking back, I laugh at the lyrics. I was clear from grade 9 till the summer of grade 10 and that was probably the best period of my life. I was pretty popular, everyone referred to me as "the pimp" (I really wasn't, but I guess they just thought I was good looking), and all the girls I used to be too introverted to talk to whenI had acne used to try to get to know me or talk to me. In fact, the same girl that I didn't have the guts to talk to ended up being my best friend and lover for about 7 months.

However, my acne came back...got worse due to antibiotics. My eyes got worse cause of differin, which gave me a bout with blepharitis that I STILL haven't cured, since it requires on going treatment. I had to stop wearing contacts, and I'll be dependent on glasses for a while. From In 2007, I was clear for the most part, and the first year of uni was the best year of my life socially. However, health wise, shit has gone wrong. My hair started falling out, likely due to the fact that there was one point where I got excessively drunk for 7 straight days (I think that caused my body into a state of "shock" and the hair folliciles responded in that manner).

Also, one side - and only one side - of my hair started graying. It was my left side. As in, like 10-12 gray hairs. This was followed by a couple of gray hairs on my left beard near my sideburns also turning gray. Wierd. Haven't really seen a doctor about it, I just pluck the hairs out whenever I see them. Definetly wierd, but I'm not sure what it's because of.

Honestly, acne is not my biggest problem. Gray hair at the age of 19 and a eye problem that doesn't let me wear contacts are my biggest concerns. I'm a good looking guy, and I have goals in my life that I want to achieve. I model myself after Kobe Bryant, as in, I am determined to get what I want in this life. The only thing that realy stands in my way is insecurity...and from my experience, insecurity easily goes away when your health is fine. I will get to the top again....and that's my story ;)

All my cousins have a really wonderful social life, and have no problem getting jobs.

Among all of them, I'm the only one who got stricken with a disease called acne. Now all my relatives are comparing them with me, about how they're working and getting outside etc. Life sure is funny.

Sorry to hear about how you can't wear contacts. I need contacts to survive ;) And about your gray hair, definitely odd. Good luck with clearing your acne, even if it isn't your primary concern.

I hate being compared to other people :(

Anyways, I have to go to tennis today, in the bright sunlight :( Tennis becomes my own personal hell when it's sunny outside. How depressing.

Sorry to hear about how you can't wear contacts. I need contacts to survive ;) And about your gray hair, definitely odd. Good luck with clearing your acne, even if it isn't your primary concern.

Don't worry, I'm quite handsome in glasses too ;).

The only reason acne doesn't concern me as much as it used to is because life moves so fast now. I'm in university, so everything is just whizzing by, and there's a responsibility on my end to do the best that I can do.

On another note, acne seems to only effect me when I'm at HOME....because in the past year, the only breakouts I've gotten have been while I've gone back home from living on campus, so it's definetly something in my house that breaks me out like crazy. Last year, it was the same thing...I barely had any pimples from August - December while living in residence...and on the second week of Christmas break, my face horrendously broke out while I was at my house. The same thing happened AGAIN in reading week while I stayed at my house. The same thing happened AGAIN this summer while I stayed at home.

So, I'm assuming something in my house is the trigger, because the periods I've been away from my house, I've managed to stay pretty clear to be honest.

Does rice break people out? Because I eat rice when I'm at home like everyday. Maybe that's why? Who knows.

that's interesting. maybe rice does trigger acne?

hey art! it's so good to see you back (: hopefully you're doing better or on your way to doing better.

But anyways, I've been really depressed lately. I keep saying to myself, this is going to be the last breakout I have, I'm going to clear myself up, and with enough willpower I'll be done. But somehow I keep breaking out. Acne is such a devil of a thing. I hate morning before school. I get this horrible feeling of panic when I can't cover something up. And then I get that terrible feeling at the pit of my stomach when I can't look in a mirror to see if I look alright. It's horrid ):