Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Snood11

Jojoba Oil Breaking me Out?

Ok, I know that this might sound like a stupid question....but what is the best way to find out if Jojoba Oil is breaking me out? I know that most people are in love with this product, but I have heard some people say that they think it causes break outs. Since I already have active acne, how will I know if Jojoba Oil is the culprit. Would I notice a difference immediately if I switch mositurizers for a few days, or would it takes weeks to notice a difference?

THANKS

ohh, so that's why you've been asking on my post. Just stop using it for a couple weeks and see if there's any difference. I didn't think I would be able to tell either since I also had active acne when I was using it, but immedietly after I stopped using it I noticed a dramatic difference. It took a while for my skin to clear the acne that it caused, but once I stopped using it I didn't get any more acne. I still use it on extra dry areas and don't break out, but I don't apply a lot like I used to.

I've noticed that using a LOT of jojoba oil can cause me to breakout in places I never usually do. Now I only use a few drops with the sunscreen. Dan's moisturiser already has jojoba oil in it. ;)

I've noticed that using a LOT of jojoba oil can cause me to breakout in places I never usually do. Now I only use a few drops with the sunscreen. Dan's moisturiser already has jojoba oil in it.

yep, exactly! so just don't use alot. I was using it before BP, in AHA, and in moisterizer when it broke me out