Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tgr

questions about (Ro)Accutane

Can anyone tell me some stuff about this?

How long do you take it for? Is it in pill form? how long does it take until you see results? How long does the clear skin last? Does it help with red blemishes and marks? does it cause scaring? and if it comes back, is it much worse? Any answers would be helpful

thanks

TGR

I am considering accutane as well, form what I have heard, it take about 2-3 months on average to see significant improvemenet. SOme people have told me that they cleared for good., some people say it comes back , but its milder. It might cause initial breakout, but I think the initial breakout is the acne you were supposed to get anywa, its just that accutane speeds up the process of acne formation i guess..

I am little afraid of its side effects such as joint pain, which might last even after you stop taking it. I would run today and get it if I was told that the side effects are gonna stop once you are done with the drug.

the only thing that is stopping me at this point is the possible side effects that could last permanently, but the way things have been going in the past 2 months, I am seriously considering it

Damn this acne