Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Helio

Treatments for Chest, Shoulders, and Back

I'm really desperate for help. I am willing to save up money for a procedure that works. My main hope right now is Fraxel:repair for my chest, shoulders, and back. So far, the handpieces are not capable to treat the back yet. The chest is approximately $1600.

Can anyone give me more info about Fraxel Re:pair on the body, or any other procedures for the body?

I consulted with a doctor about this and they too were afraid to perform the repair anywhere on my body. It's all bs. Body scarring is hard to deal with. By the way, I would strongly encourage doing a sample location and taking before and after pictures. Then again, before and afters shouldn't matter on a personal level because you should be able to tell on your own, but for evidence to exist for the masses, it helps!

By the way, I would pay any amount of money, cash, on the spot, up to $50,000 for a cure that was guaranteed to work. d

Wow, that is scary. Are you sure Fraxel Repair cannot treat the body? I read that it could and was used to remove stretch marks.

The doctor I am consulting with is named Dr. Weiner. His website is http://www.theclinique.net

There's a contact link where I talked to him through email. He is sooo far away from where I am though, but if he is my only hope, I have to travel.

There is another skilled doctor near me in Encino, CA named Dr. Persky but I have not contacted him because he does not have an email link as far as I know.

I only asked about the treatments when Fraxel Repair was just recently released, so they were unsure exactly how it would work. People are always overcautious with the body because it heals differently. Although doctors fail to understand that we aren't looking for the same perfection as facial scar sufferers.

Bottom line, ask and try it, I'll probably end up trying it eventually, but I wouldn't pay for the whole body up front!

I consulted with a doctor about this and they too were afraid to perform the repair anywhere on my body. It's all bs. Body scarring is hard to deal with. By the way, I would strongly encourage doing a sample location and taking before and after pictures. Then again, before and afters shouldn't matter on a personal level because you should be able to tell on your own, but for evidence to exist for the masses, it helps!

By the way, I would pay any amount of money, cash, on the spot, up to $50,000 for a cure that was guaranteed to work. d

For that kind of money there's bound to be a doctor who can and will fix your problem. I'm surprised you haven't found any (or have you looked?). Did you mean $5,000??

There's a contact link where I talked to him through email. He is sooo far away from where I am though, but if he is my only hope, I have to travel.

There is another skilled doctor near me in Encino, CA named Dr. Persky but I have not contacted him because he does not have an email link as far as I know.

Does Dr. Weiner have credentials as good as Persky? Just go to his website and you can email him for a consultation. For Fraxel REpair it's $5000 at Persky's office just for the facial area. But this guy is a surgeon so he knows what he's doing.

From what I know, Dr. Weiner and Dr. Persky are good friends. They have recommended each other on realself.com (which is how I found out about them).

I have emailed Dr.Persky today asking my question, so I'll post any updates.

For the body, it is usually cheaper. Even though the chest has more area than the face, it is only $1600 as compared to $4,000 for the face. I don't know why exactly.

I meant $50,000.

Basically, I'd be willing to pay a lot of money for a treatment with guaranteed results for my scarring. You can't put a price on happiness, so I'd be willing to pay even more if the solution was right. The problem is that there isn't such a treatment that has proven effective.

Plastic surgeons need incentive driven contracts, that way it's not get in, do fraxel, get out. It would be about providing care that actually works.

I'm really interested in doing some chemical peels on my body. I'm thinking a 50% glycolic acid peel...any thoughts?

P.S. I'm also considering a 25% TCA peel.

Peels help color but do next to nothing for texture.

I'm sure you know about TCA peels, but have you tried it? I've noticed some people actually get results from it. I haven't tried it because by the time I realized what it was, I had already given up on any treatment that isn't as abrasive as CO2. I'm still trying to figure out if I should get REpair or TotalFX. But lately I've noticed that some people who had TotalFX had results that lasted a few months, which by then some of their original scarring had returned. So now, I'm looking more into REpair. I don't care about hyperpigmentation nor about redness, since this will be minor compared to what I have to deal with now...uneven texture, scars, large pores, etc. Have you already done any of these kinds of treatments just for your face?

I've tried mild TCA peels on my back. It maybe helped a little bit, but it's too difficult to tell if the improvement is because of time or the peel. It's not a cure all or even a 10% reducer.