Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
oyku

Started Accutane Today...but a big question...???

Hey guys, I just started my Accutane today (sotret) and my doctor prescribed me only 10mg for the first month and said I'll be taking 40mg the next month.

I've been doing a lot of reading on these forums lately and most peopel start with 40mg right off the bat. What do you guys think of this?

I'm quite heavy...5' 10" weighing at 175 lbs...so I don't get why such a low dose? Thanks

its a dangerous drug, best to take it cautiously. i say ur doc is doing the right thing. after all, the cumulative dose is whats important.

Hey guys, I just started my Accutane today (sotret) and my doctor prescribed me only 10mg for the first month and said I'll be taking 40mg the next month.

I've been doing a lot of reading on these forums lately and most peopel start with 40mg right off the bat. What do you guys think of this?

I'm quite heavy...5' 10" weighing at 175 lbs...so I don't get why such a low dose? Thanks

I thought my dosage was too low also (20 mg, then 30, then 40). I'm still in the middle of my course, but I never got a terrible initial breakout (just a few here and there)...and I think it's because of the gradual increase. This way you can ease into the meds and your body won't be shocked when it gets a higher level of the drug. Ask your derm lots of questions, but make sure you're going to a derm that you trust...a good one knows what he/she is doing! Good Luck!