Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
The King of all Media

Can I mix some type of sunblock with Dan's moisturizer?

I want to start using Dan's AHA (I'm 1 month into the regimen) but I see you need some type of protection. I started using Olay Complete All Day Moisture Lotion with SPF 15 (sensitive skin) but have been flaking insanely so had to go back to Dan's moisturizer. I'm wondering if there is a recommended sunblock that I could mix in with Dan's moisturizer? will it work?

Thanks!

I don't have a recommendation for a sunblock but I am sure it would be fine to mix one in with dans moisturizer. I'd mix half sunbock half moisturizer. I have always hated olay products beacuse they moisturized my skin but never enough to remover flakeyness. Just make sure the sunblock is oil free and doesn't clog pores.

Hey King--

In the past I actually have had rather good luck with Coppertone Face Sunscreen - Oil Free. It doesn't feel wonderful on the skin, but hasn't made me break out either. You could either mix it with Dan's Moisturizer or just put on a light coating after the other moisturizer dries.

Hope this helps...

I've been mixing a non-comedogenic, sensitive skin 30+ sunscreen with dans moisturizer in the mornings recently and have been going fine with it, seems to be working well.

try the olay complete moisturizing CREAM for sensitive skin of course...ive been usin it for abt a week and its excellent...it has spf15 also!

Hey I've been using it and I really like it. My face seems to be less red and red marks less visible. The only problem I am having is my face seems to have this white matte finish to it, almost like I had make up for something..how can I avoid this?

I've been mixing the sunblock listed in my signature (Banana Boat Baby SPF 50) with Dan's for a couple of months now. I used to put it over Dan's, but it's a titanium dioxide-based sunblock and ended up going on streaky white that way, but blends in easily when mixed with the moisturizer and doesn't clump up when I apply makeup. Good for sensitive skin.